Alter Ego Detector

Alter Ego Detector 1.7.8

No permission to download
Thanks Chris, thats a really useful reply.
I respect you greatly as a coder and as a XF forum owner/member and that detailed reply puts my mind at rest.

I think perhaps for clarity the line requesting "XenForo License API Key:" needs to be changed to XenForo Validation Token (as the terms license key, clearly lead to confusion) on the site login https://xf-liam.com/login/login
Perhaps this is something you would consider @Liam W ?

I'll see about changing it, sorry for the confusion.

Trying to get the update of this plugin. I managed to register and log in but the download link is still grey.. :-(

Getting lots of server errors (3,000 so far), so gotta shut this off for now. Appears to not be compatible with FoolBotHoneyPot :( Here's some samples:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Access level to LiamW_AlterEgoDetector_Extend_ControllerPublic_Register::_preDispatch() must be public (as in class Tac_FoolBotHoneyPot_ControllerPublic_Register) -library/LiamW/AlterEgoDetector/Extend/ControllerPublic/Register.php:100
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(35) "http://www.talkbass.com/login/login"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["login"] => string(22) "terrier10000@gmail.com"
["register"] => string(1) "1"
["cookie_check"] => string(1) "1"
["redirect"] => string(46) "/threads/wtb-music-man-bongo-5-string.1072686/"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Access level to LiamW_AlterEgoDetector_Extend_ControllerPublic_Register::_preDispatch() must be public (as in class Tac_FoolBotHoneyPot_ControllerPublic_Register) -library/LiamW/AlterEgoDetector/Extend/ControllerPublic/Register.php:100
Generated By: Unknown Account, 25 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(47) "http://www.talkbass.com/register/facebook?reg=1"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["reg"] => string(1) "1"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Last edited:
@kontrabass that is actually an issue with the honeypot addon.

The developer hasn't used the correct protection level for a method. All methods that begin with underscores should be protected or private.

Liam

@kontrabass that is actually an issue with the honeypot addon.

The developer hasn't used the correct protection level for a method. All methods that begin with underscores should be protected or private.

Liam

Ahh ok - thanks!! And... it looks like he already fixed it in a recent version. Sorry to waste time! :censored:

Under Template Modifications I have report view for XF 1.3 checked (since I am running 1.3.2) and report view for XF 1.2 unchecked.

Feature suggestion: ability to remove some users from being pinged. For example we have a few confirmed husband-wife users, roomates, etc. and our mods who subscribe to the alter ego forum get repeated alerts they don't need to get.

Thanks! :)

Feature suggestion: ability to remove some users from being pinged. For example we have a few confirmed husband-wife users, roomates, etc. and our mods who subscribe to the alter ego forum get repeated alerts they don't need to get.

Thanks! :)

This can already be done. Create a new usergroup - Bypass Alter Ego (or some other name) and leave all settings as they are with the exception of Bypass Alter Ego Checking:

upload_2014-6-18_18-40-57.webp

Set this to ALLOW.

Now, whenever you come across "known" sets of usernames, such as a husband and wife team or siblings/family members living in the same household - just make them members of this usergroup (secondary) and you won't get any more pings / reports.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Top Bottom