Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

I am testing your add-on heavily and I want to make some suggestions.

1. You must add in future an option for titles of threads. Now the only options are {1} or {2}. Yeah making the first question for asking the thread title is good, but this means you have twice the same entry in your thread which is not good.

2. Why are the questions in bold? There are no options where I can choose how the questions or answers should look like with BBcode.
Automatically the questions are in bold. But I prefer that the answers are in bold because the human eye should focus on the answers when watching a thread, not on the questions. Also I want that the answers are in a different color so you can differentiate the questions from the answers.

edit:
Ok, not exactly. I can make bbcodes for questions but I don't know how to un-bold the questions. But still no options for the answers.

3. The description font size is really too tiny. You should make it bigger or let us choose how big it should be.

4. You must really add some more options for formatting. Ones I told before and for example you can't even have space between a question and an answer. You can just choose below question, not 2 lines below question for example.

So far those are the points I remember.

Last edited:
Hey @Snog asking just as good measure but we're current on 1.1.6 of the Advanced Forms and have noticed that when someone submits a request it'll submit 3 times, 2 of the times it'll come in as if a guest submitted it and post under our designated account set for it. The third time and most recent comes in as the user himself.

Was this fixed in the latest versions that you know of by chance? We're currently upgrading to 1.4, and all of our add-ons today/tomorrow but just wanted to see if you knew anything about the issue ahead of time.

Hey @Snog asking just as good measure but we're current on 1.1.6 of the Advanced Forms and have noticed that when someone submits a request it'll submit 3 times, 2 of the times it'll come in as if a guest submitted it and post under our designated account set for it. The third time and most recent comes in as the user himself.

Was this fixed in the latest versions that you know of by chance? We're currently upgrading to 1.4, and all of our add-ons today/tomorrow but just wanted to see if you knew anything about the issue ahead of time.
I've never seen a form post 3 times and nobody else has ever mentioned it.

I'd suggest updating to the latest version. While the updates have nothing to do with what you mention, it's always good practice to run the latest version of an add-on.

I've never seen a form post 3 times and nobody else has ever mentioned it.

I'd suggest updating to the latest version. While the updates have nothing to do with what you mention, it's always good practice to run the latest version of an add-on.

We're upgrading now so we'll see if it happens again and report back if need be, thanks.

Attachments button is not working for me, is it just me or is this a bug?

Is the only way to create forms via the sidebar navigation (available applications)? How can I place somewhere a button or replace a "create new thread" button with this?

Attachments button is not working for me, is it just me or is this a bug?

Is the only way to create forms via the sidebar navigation (available applications)? How can I place somewhere a button or replace a "create new thread" button with this?
What exactly happens when you click the attachment button?

Make sure the user you are using to test the form has permission to upload a file to the forum the application is being posted in.

You can have the forms list in the sidebar or the navigation tabs. If you want to link directly to a form, you can copy the link to the form from the sidebar and put it wherever you like.

Reactions: sbj
Brogan says that I should ask you for help. You say this is not my business.
So I am on my own.
Thanks anyway.

Brogan says that I should ask you for help. You say this is not my business.
So I am on my own.
Thanks anyway.
Server redirects aren't related to my add-on at all. And I'm not really good with htaccess either. I had to research how to do it.

You can try this, but I can't guarantee it will work, I can't guarantee it won't break your site and I will not support it. I just know it works on my development server. And I can not answer any questions about it because I most likely do not know the answer.

Add this to your htaccess file BEFORE the standard XF rewrite conditions.
Code:
redirect /forums/forum_name.forum_id_number/create-thread http://yourwebpath/applicationform/application_name.application_id_number/form

Substitute your forum name and forum ID for forum_name.forum_id_number and your application name and application ID for application_name.application_id_number.

Reactions: sbj
I didn't know that redirects are a big thing. I thought, I must put in my extra.css file just 1 command line where I tell to replace an outgoing link with another.

Thank you for your effort. This is good support. I appreciate it.

But I think I'll try to find another solution without editting something. As I said, I thought this is easy to do and I just need to ask for it.
It is strange that nobody else didn't come with this issue. Because the solution for my problem would be a big deal to all forum owners. You could link to ads and to other sites. Everybody wants to earn money so I was sure this was asked before but it is not.
(My forum is/will be non-commercial, no ads at all just for your information).

Ah and I ll post your solution to my thread, maybe it will help others.

When I select the option to show the application types in the Nav Tab, they don't show up for some reason. Is there any fix?
Check that the user you're using to view the site meets the criteria to view both the form and application type. Forms do not show if the user does not meet the criteria for both.

Last edited:
I recently moved the forum for where my forms get dropped into. For some reason the upload button no longer appears for one usergroup (the form gets dropped in a private forum, but so was the previous one). The usergroup is allowed to attach files and the form permissions don't restrict them from doing so. Any idea what else might be wrong?

I recently moved the forum for where my forms get dropped into. For some reason the upload button no longer appears for one usergroup (the form gets dropped in a private forum, but so was the previous one). The usergroup is allowed to attach files and the form permissions don't restrict them from doing so. Any idea what else might be wrong?
Make sure the user group that uploads files in the form has permission to upload files to the forum the form is posted in.

Hey @Snog slight suggestion but any possibility of adding the date picker as a type of "question".

We have an input field where users type desired start/completion date and think it would be nice if they could click the field with a calendar popup that types in the correct date. Like the quicksearch newer than option.

Hey @Snog slight suggestion but any possibility of adding the date picker as a type of "question".

We have an input field where users type desired start/completion date and think it would be nice if they could click the field with a calendar popup that types in the correct date. Like the quicksearch newer than option.
I'll put this on the wish list for this add-on.

Top Bottom