XF 1.5 Ads not showing inside the threads (on mobile devices)

Hi guys, as the title suggest the ads on my site are a no show on mobile devices, specially the very first ad. Any thought?

Here's an screenshot to clarify further:

1. Are you using responsive ads? If not, they will not display if they are much larger than the screen size.

2. Is your mobile browser using an ad-blocker? Not much you can do to prevent people doing that.

Hi @djbaxter thank you so much for your reply.

Yes, I am using responsive ads. No, it's my own cellphone and I am not using any type of adblock. They are behaving as when you have the ads blocked by Google in one particular page, except they are not, but the spot are empty, also I've never had "no ads to show" no matter what time of the year, let along in December. The issue is for mobile devices and inside threads. On the "main pages" you can still see the ads.

Are you using any kind of ad manager (addon)?

I no longer have an XF1.5.x installation I can refer to but I didn't think ads in posts was standard for XF. How are you displaying them in that position?

Well how are you displaying the ads in posts or between threads? If it's via a template modification, I would start there and also check the CSS to see if you are inadvertently blocking them in smaller screens.

One other thing to check: are others using mobile devices also not seeing the ads in that location? Just in case there's something about your device that is different...

I still have the same situation. I asked and most of the users on my site cannot see the ads from mobile devices.

I have the people from Google looking into this but so far they haven't figured out what's the culprit, seems like the code for responsive mobile ads is good so at this point I wonder if I am missing something on the developers (Xenforo) side of the equation. If a developer or trusted person would like to see the CPanel on my site you are most welcome, just send me an PM or let me know here.

Code:
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- Mobile Responsive Ad -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-123456"
     data-ad-slot="98765432"
     data-ad-format="auto"
     data-full-width-responsive="true"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

Help anyone.

Help anyone? Thanks.

Put this in extra.css

Code:
@media all and (min-width: 800px) {
    .deskContent {
            display:block;
            margin: 0 auto;
}  
    .phoneContent {
           display:none;
}

}

@media all and (max-width: 770px) {
    .deskContent {
          display:none;
}
    .phoneContent {
          display:block;
          margin: 0 auto;
          width: 100%;
}
}

And this in your template (before, arround your hook)

Code:
<div class="phoneContent">

<xen:hook name="yor name">
Your script
</hook>

</div>

I have a feeling this is one of the responsive ads issues where it thinks there's no container to put an ad in... If you can load it an on Android device with a remote inspection tool, you might some javascript errors reported by the ad js.

Liam

@Liam W Hi Liam, thanks for the help. I will let my webmaster know about your reply. The mobile side is acting similar to when they blocked a single page due to any silliness, but in this case the whole forum. I can see the slot in where the ad's supposed to go but no ad on it.

Top Bottom