XF 1.2 Adding individual category icons to nodes?

The below works just fine on my 1.2.x series forms (3 of them)
Code:
.node.node_83 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_83 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("images/nodes/aprilia.png");
    background-position: 0px 0px;
    opacity: 0.4;
}
.node.node_73 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_83 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
}

/* BMW Bikes */
.node.node_55 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_55 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("images/nodes/bmw.png");
}
.node.node_55 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_55 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
}

View attachment 59495

I have a separate entry that if they are unread changes the opacity to 1.0.

Are you using one of Arty's styles?

I didn't have to apply an opacity to the unread your probably safe removing that. Though backup that snippet if you do remove it. :P

You'll notice the link forum is showing at full opacity but with no opacity added in the css.

Code:
.node.node_1 .nodeText { margin: 25px 270px 10px 56px; }
.node.node_1 .nodeLastPost {margin-top: 25px;}  
.node.node_1 .tinyIcon  {margin-top: 15px;}

.node.node_2 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
  background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/node2.png");
  opacity: 0.5;
  height: 72px;
  width: 72px; }

.node.node_2 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
  background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/node2.png");

.node.node_21 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_21 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
  background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/node3.png");

.node.node_21 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_21 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
  background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/node3.png");

.node.node_31 .linkNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_31 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
  background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/node7.png");

.node.node_31 .linkNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_31 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
  background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/node7.png");

Screenshot_17.webp

I didn't have to apply an opacity to the unread your probably safe removing that. Though backup that snippet if you do remove it. :p

You'll notice the link forum is showing at full opacity but with no opacity added in the css.
@Shelley, how are you getting it to dim for the unread (I'm using the same icon for both as you show). I know that on one of my forums I moved the opacity 1.0 segment into my jsa_nodes.css and it wasn't' being picked up - and the nodes were not highlighted even though they had new posts in them (the new indicator was working).

Oooohh... wait... maybe it was because I had opacity 0.4 defined for the read ones... as I run off to modify the .CSS to check!

EDIT:
Ooooh...oooh... it works... now I can modify the opacity out of all of them!!

@Shelley, how are you getting it to dim for the unread (I'm using the same icon for both as you show). I know that on one of my forums I moved the opacity 1.0 segment into my jsa_nodes.css and it wasn't' being picked up - and the nodes were not highlighted even though they had new posts in them (the new indicator was working).

Oooohh... wait... maybe it was because I had opacity 0.4 defined for the read ones... as I run off to modify the .CSS to check!

I always had opacity only on the read icon css in extra and didn't ever apply an opacity on unread as it automatically shows at full opacity.

Code:
.node.node_83 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_83 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
}
.node.node_73 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_83 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
}

/* BMW Bikes */
.node.node_55 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_55 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
}
.node.node_55 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_55 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
}

View attachment 59495

THAT worked! :) Thanks! :D

@Shelley? Can you tell me what's the value for "Link" forums? This is what I have for the first thing you see at http://www.codforums.com
Code:
.node.node_38 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_38 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("http://www.codforums.com/ForumIcons/forum-read-38.png");
    opacity: 0.9;
}
.node.node_38 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_38 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
}

That's for this one: http://www.codforums.com/link-forums/register-today-at-call-of-duty-forums.38/ (Don't click on it, it'll just redirect you to the Registration page.)

But, when I entered it and saved it to EXTRA.css, it wouldn't work.

@Shelley? Can you tell me what's the value for "Link" forums? This is what I have for the first thing you see at http://www.codforums.com
Code:
.node.node_38 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_38 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    opacity: 0.9;
}
.node.node_38 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_38 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
}

That's for this one: http://www.codforums.com/link-forums/register-today-at-call-of-duty-forums.38/ (Don't click on it, it'll just redirect you to the Registration page.)

But, when I entered it and saved it to EXTRA.css, it wouldn't work.
That would be the following if your referring to the very first node.

Code:
.node.node_38 .linkNodeInfo  .nodeIcon, .node.node_38 .linkNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
}

That would be the following if your referring to the very first node.

Code:
.node.node_38 .linkNodeInfo  .nodeIcon, .node.node_38 .linkNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
}
Thank you, lady! :)

so, where exactly would I add these parameters so I can use custom icons then :) is it within extra css? or somewhere else :)
You can place them in the EXTRA.css, or do like I do in my EXTRA.css and include a node_icons.css template and then define them all in there (keeps the size of the EXTRA.css down so I don't have to scroll through so much).
Code:
<xen:include template="twd_nodes.css" />

You can place them in the EXTRA.css, or do like I do in my EXTRA.css and include a node_icons.css template and then define them all in there (keeps the size of the EXTRA.css down so I don't have to scroll through so much).
Code:
<xen:include template="twd_nodes.css" />

Extra.css isn't EXTRA.Css if it doesn't involve scrolling for 5 minutes. :laugh:

I agree that it involves more scrolling which is a con, but the positive aspect is that you have all your edits in one place rather than dotted around in different locations. I think if you keep it organized (something i tried to do) it isn't hard to locate stuff with the help of CTRL +F from your browser.

I will say though I must have lost tons of skin scrolling in the extra template. :P

So I was able to change for forum icon but when I use the following as described
Code:
.node.node_2 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
  background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/doom.png");

.node.node_2 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {

As it appears it will add a small amount of spacing afterwords. I've only changed once node icon but I would like to keep the same spacing as the untouched icon (example attached).

spacing.jpg

So I was able to change for forum icon but when I use the following as described
Code:

As it appears it will add a small amount of spacing afterwords. I've only changed once node icon but I would like to keep the same spacing as the untouched icon (example attached).

spacing.jpg

Looks like you'll have to adjust the width values. Set that up and insert the images proper width. I know it states that the image is 72px in width and height but the image doesn't look like it's 72px square is there excess transparent space within the image that is causing that?

Code:
}
}

/* BMW Bikes */
}
}

View attachment 59495

This works on XF 1.3? I don't know if is better to use this code or this addon, because i have many nodes...

Code:
}
}

/* BMW Bikes */
}
}

View attachment 59495

Tried this but nothing happens...i always see the old on/off icons :-(

Tried this but nothing happens...i always see the old on/off icons :-(
This typically indicates that either
A) You are doing it in the wrong style
B) You have some EXTRA.css code that is not terminated correctly somewhere above this code

It works if done correctly. I am using it on 4 different XenForo forums that I have.

Top Bottom