Add-on Update Notifier

Add-on Update Notifier 1.1.8

No permission to download
mazzly updated Add-on Update Notifier with a new update entry:

Another backend update to fix a bug with previous update

Since XoN add-ons nowadays use their own magical versioning system, we managed to introduce a bug with the last release, which fixed add-ons using the "90-hack" to be picked up correctly.

This bug made various XoN add-ons show up as having an update, even if the latest one was already installed.

Thanks again @Fatih Ozcan for reporting this :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm confused. You announce a package update but the version remained the same and when I go to upgrade it gives me the option to Rebuild the plugin. This was true yesterday as well when an UPdate notification went out.

Is this a plugin update?
They were both "backend" updates, meaning no new version was needed to be installed 😊👍

They were both "backend" updates, meaning no new version was needed to be installed 😊👍
I'm sure by now you're possibly somewhat aware of the unnecessary hassle this has unwittingly created.

Perhaps a simple post clarifying that in most cases people will need to check each of the indicated add-on's respective sources for any actual update and if there isn't, they should then hit 'ignore this version'.

I realize it's mentioned within the 'read the rest of this update entry'—however as a basic courtesy it would've been helpful to state this at the top of the "update" entries without requiring further digging.

I'm sure by now you're possibly somewhat aware of the unnecessary hassle this has unwittingly created.

Perhaps a simple post clarifying that in most cases people will need to check each of the indicated add-on's respective sources for any actual update and if there isn't, they should then hit 'ignore this version'.

I realize it's mentioned within the 'read the rest of this update entry'—however as a basic courtesy it would've been helpful to state this at the top of the "update" entries without requiring further digging.
...The last three updates literally include backend in the title 🙃.

Backend updates do not push or notify of updates, only that changes have been made.

Updates are just development specific posts, not specific to a version.

...The last three updates literally include backend in the title 🙃.

Backend updates do not push or notify of updates, only that changes have been made.

Updates are just development specific posts, not specific to a version.
😎Thank you for sharing your insight.
This thoroughly elucidates why there have been false add-on update notifications appearing in the ACP since last weekend—with a few genuine add-on update notifications mixed amongst them.

😎Thank you for sharing your insight.
This thoroughly elucidates why there have been false add-on update notifications appearing in the ACP since last weekend—with a few genuine add-on update notifications mixed amongst them.
That is because not all developers follow the recommended spec for versioning (not all of them can); @mazzly does what he can to mitigate the edge cases, however it is difficult to always do so.

That is because not all developers follow the recommended spec for versioning (not all of them can); @mazzly does what he can to mitigate the edge cases, however it is difficult to always do so.
🙂The continued pugnacity is quite unnecessary.
I suggested a very simple means for additional mitigation which merely requires 20-30 words.

😎Any chance of adding an option for purchasing a 200-250 API?

I've already purchased the maximum 150 API and am currently slammin 155.

Probably going to hit 200 by next week.

BugFix: Don't prompt for addon upgrades that are incompatible with your version. Eg. Addon requires XF 2.2.13 (or minimal PHP) but you only have XF 2.2.12 (or lower PHP version).

Suggestion: An option to not include/prompt for Disabled addons.

BugFix: Don't prompt for addon upgrades that are incompatible with your version. Eg. Addon requires XF 2.2.13 (or minimal PHP) but you only have XF 2.2.12 (or lower PHP version).

Suggestion: An option to not include/prompt for Disabled addons.
You are able to "ignore" updates for addons, both a specific version, and also all version updates 😊👍

Top Bottom