Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
It works for pretty much anything I ever seem to throw at it. Older version had issues with some addons that were setup in odd ways, but the newer versions work great for me. This is honestly a feature that should be built into XF already. It has made my life insanely easier, and saved me tons of time.

I agree @PerfectInsanity that the Devs must look into things like this to install add-ons, Wordpress in this aspect is great without forcing us to nothing the scripts does it all. :P

Wordpress is pointless when you have XF and a good portal such as XenPorta...which Addon-on-Install & Upgrade has no problem installing. Also, just took a list at my list of addons in use. All of them have been installed with this addon.

The problem of a system like this in the core, paid add-ons would never be compatible as they are hosted in external websites (and other free ones also).

Wordpress SUCKS in this aspect as from what I've seen requires you to have an FTP server running. No FTP on any of my servers - strictly SSH & SFTP. This beats the pants off of it in the case of my servers.
I'm talking of the general idea, of let people install add-ons and update them from the admin panel without manually need to upload files or make template edits, what is something Xenforo only would win with it. :P

No. I still disagree. I can tell you that add ons often need to put files in the js directory, styles directory and library directory.

Do with that information what you like.

I can't tell you how to set your server up securely.

I have this same issue. I've 777'ed the three directories you cite above... still getting the following error:

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 68
  3. XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 122
  4. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/wgawrite/public_html/inside/admin.php at line 13

I 777'ed the files indicated above as well except for admin.php... is it more complicated than that? Trying to avoid pestering my host with this, but if I must, I must... any more hints?

The issue is that if you don't help me, I'm bound to mess up my permissions even more! There. I'm trying to guilt you now. :)

Regardless of your response, I am very appreciative of the work you've put into this.

There's no point guilting me. The very best person to give you the advice will be your hosts. At the end of the day, they are a service provider that you pay a considerable amount of money to. There should never ever be any reluctance to contact them if you need help and advice. And if they treat you like you're pestering you then they don't deserve their custom :)

If you're on XFHost (provided by Mike Edge here) then his hosting doesn't support this add-on.

I can tell you one thing, the particular line of the code that it is failing on is where it is trying to create a directory in the install/addons directory. You will need that to be 777.

Other than that, I can't help you any further.

Anyone who knows how to fix this issue:

Server Error
Unable to Connect to tcp://xenforo.com:80. Error #110: Connection timed out

1. Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect() in Zend/Http/Client.php at line 973
  2. Zend_Http_Client->request() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 96
  3. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /volume1/web/hilmer_koch/forum/admin.php at line 13

that appear when I try to install a new add-on.

The patch is fine and so are username and password for xenforo community

All the best
Morten Hilmer

I think I've seen that before... I believe it might be to do with your PHP not being compiled with support for outbound HTTP or something...

Not sure.

Check it out with your host. It's certainly a server config issue, not an add-on issue.

Ask them if your server has cURL support.

Installing cURL should solve the problem (I think).

Hi, il got this:
Server Error
mkdir(): Permission denied

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 68
  3. XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 17
  4. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 57
  5. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/admin.php at line 13

Hi, il got this:
Known Issues
Please be aware of these known issues:
  • Some server configurations may not support Add-on Install & Upgrade
    • If you get permissions errors, please contact your host or server person.
    • The general problem is usually the user which your web server runs as doesn't have permission on the file system to copy, delete or create files.
    • A solution for this is completely beyond the scope of any developer. A server configuration change is required.
  • If you receive an error relating to the ZipArchive class, this means your PHP wasn't compiled with this (pretty standard) feature. Consult your host or server person.
  • "Please enter a valid callback method" will intermittently occur when the files have not yet finished copying before the XML begins to import. Just press back on your browser and click the Install & Upgrade button again.
  • Due to this being a complete rewrite, it is NOT possible to upgrade this add-on using the old version of the Add-on Installer.
  • If you've only ever registered using Facebook then your account actually doesn't have a password at all. To use this feature go and set a password in your Account settings. Once you've done that you can log in with a password. Facebook login will still work too. Just not with my add on (it wouldn't be possible).

Top Bottom