Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
Hey Chris, I think I might have found a bug, here's the thing. One of the add-ons I have installed, TinyMCE Fix, actually, still shows like it requires an upgrade to the latest version when it actually has the latest version, using the upgrade option does not fix it.

What I noticed is the version in the resource manager is 0.63, while the add-on installer displays it as 0.6.3. Sounds to me like something is failing to verify it's the same version. Here's a quick screenshot:

Image 2013-03-12 at 9.58.12 PM.webp

Hey Chris, I think I might have found a bug, here's the thing. One of the add-ons I have installed, TinyMCE Fix, actually, still shows like it requires an upgrade to the latest version when it actually has the latest version, using the upgrade option does not fix it.

What I noticed is the version in the resource manager is 0.63, while the add-on installer displays it as 0.6.3. Sounds to me like something is failing to verify it's the same version. Here's a quick screenshot:

View attachment 41768
hm... that's the main reason, because this add-on checks the difference between the version string of the add-on installed and that posted in Resource Manager... if it doesn't match, then it shows that an update is there...

and btw, nice job Chris and so this is what you meant by 'loving Zend_Dom_Query' :D (y)

CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could kiss you for this!

however since neither of us would enjoy that i will just say thanks!:P

About this function "With Install & Upgrade you can upload either a single ZIP file or multiple ZIP files." I'm a little bit worried for the "TinyMCE Enhancements" addon. There are inside the main zip, two zip extensions (one for the former version of TinyMCE, the other for the new one). Are both going to be installed at the same time? If yes, is there a command to put for example in a file to avoid this?

Another question before to check the new version: most of my extensions use an "extras" directory, will it be also uploaded inside the XenForo files structure? Is there a way to prevent that?

I am getting this error
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' in /home/letsbu5/public_html/alqlm-org/qalam/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 218
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 280
  6. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->getAllUpdateChecks() in AddOnInstaller/Listener.php at line 25
  7. AddOnInstaller_Listener::templatePostRender() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
  8. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
  9. XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 127
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 565
  11. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/letsbu5/public_html/alqlm-org/qalam/admin.php at line 13

and want to uninstall it but i cannot do so beaus i cannot enter in my admin panel because of this Error

I am getting this error

and want to uninstall it but i cannot do so beaus i cannot enter in my admin panel because of this Error

Try to add this to your XenForo config file ( {yourForums}/library/config.php )
Code:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
Uninstall this addon.

Delete the above line or comment it:
PHP:
//$config['enableListeners'] = false;
Install the addon again.

I am getting this error

okay... my guess is that since the table does not have any default collation set in the installer query... during installation the collation is set to 'IMPLICIT'...
to fix, go to your cPanel -> phpMyAdmin -> Select your XenForo database -> Select table 'xf_addon_update_check' -> Structure -> 'addon_id' and change the collation to utf8_general_ci

Try to add this to your XenForo config file ( {yourForums}/library/config.php )
Code:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
Uninstall this addon.

Delete the above line or comment it:
PHP:
//$config['enableListeners'] = false;
Install the addon again.

To uninstall that works... but reinstalling will result in the same error if his site is doing the same as mine... on the 14 attempt now since I posted my earlier message - am going to start disabling add-ons and see if that works. If nothing else, will set up a private test site plain jane to see if it works on that on this hosting service.

To uninstall that works... but reinstalling will result in the same error if his site is doing the same as mine... on the 14 attempt now since I posted my earlier message - am going to start disabling add-ons and see if that works. If nothing else, will set up a private test site plain jane to see if it works on that on this hosting service.
Hep hep, see the message above from Mr. Goodie2Shoes.

okay... my guess is that since the table does not have any default collation set in the installer query... during installation the collation is set to 'IMPLICIT'...
to fix, go to your cPanel -> phpMyAdmin -> Select your XenForo database -> Select table 'xf_addon_update_check' -> Structure -> 'addon_id' and change the collation to utf8_general_ci
Not enough likes can be give!!!!
Fixed my problem JUST fine... site is back up on the admin panels.
Thanks!

**Edit** - I'm a **** ... that worked thanks Mr 2 shoes :).

Hep hep, see the message above from Mr. Goodie2Shoes.
yep... was posting my original reply and eating pimento cheese stuffed jalapenos - one of which was WAY hot and had to go get more "cool beverage" to put out the fire. Came back, posted the message then saw the new one. You see the results of what I saw above. :D

'With Install & Upgrade you can upload either a single ZIP file or multiple ZIP files.'

Does that mean you can install more than one addon at a time?
Exactly.
Ah upgrade worked great! I don't think the Update Check is working though, it says [0] but I think I am using at least 1 addon that is an old version...
Updates are not a fully automatic process. If you install or upgrade an existing add on using the resource manager URL then they are checked for updates automatically going forward.

For other add ons you will need to go through the list and give each one the correct resource manager URL.

Just to clarify the multiple zip feature this will explain how it works:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The zips shouldn't be inside each other. Instead the upload button allows more than one file to be uploaded at a time.

So nothing to worry about Cedric.

Will answer the rest of your query and the error in a little while. Thank you everyone for their help and assistance in identifying that error and the kind words.

...now I'm late for work!

I seem to be doing something wrong when trying to get it to automatically download from XenForo.
I get the following message when trying to install or upgrade directly from Xenforo's resource manager (with a link exactly as explained by the text)
Code:
Login to XenForo.com has failed. Make sure you login with your XenForo username and password.
At first I thought that because my account was created via facebook integration here on xenforo that it doesn't properly recognize my username as one to log in with. Yet I've tested it here on xenforo using both my username and email, both work perfectly fine (on xenforo) but fail when using them in the upgrade or install process.
I checked my server error log and it's empty so I have no idea what is causing this.

I seem to be doing something wrong when trying to get it to automatically download from XenForo.
I get the following message when trying to install or upgrade directly from Xenforo's resource manager (with a link exactly as explained by the text)
Code:
Login to XenForo.com has failed. Make sure you login with your XenForo username and password.
At first I thought that because my account was created via facebook integration here on xenforo that it doesn't properly recognize my username as one to log in with. Yet I've tested it here on xenforo using both my username and email, both work perfectly fine (on xenforo) but fail when using them in the upgrade or install process.
I checked my server error log and it's empty so I have no idea what is causing this.
Does your XenForo account have a password?

If you've only ever registered using Facebook then your account actually doesn't have a password at all.

To use this feature go and set a password in your Account settings.

Once you've done that you can log in with a password. Facebook login will still work too. Just not with my add on (it wouldn't be possible).

Top Bottom