Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
Get this when I try to install and then go to the ACP

Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' in /home/emgim/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 218
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 280
AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->getAllUpdateChecks() in AddOnInstaller/Listener.php at line 25
AddOnInstaller_Listener::templatePostRender() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 127
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 565
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/emgim/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Chris,

New install of xenforo and installed the following using your installer from url:

bdTagMe was at version 1.69, and showing as needing updating. every time i ran it showed as 1.69, finally I ftp'd files and then ran through local xml and version number updated.
Also it shows loginuserlocks as needing upgrading but clicking upgrade gives you "Add-on is fully up to date."

As an addition, an export button so you can export a list of all the addins you have installed would be handy, with url to make it easy to replicate in another board.

Great work though(y)

I apologise.

This is a known issue that I have fixed locally but not released here yet. Brogan is absolutely right.

Here's a post that should enable you to fix the problem (it requires a database change in PHP My Admin):

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/add-on-install-upgrade.35211/page-8#post-494810

Once you have made that change, re-upload the files and re-enable the add-on. That should work then.

This worked for me as well.

I don't know if you know this Chris, but when you click the link for the add-on in the manager, it sends you to your forum (deemit.co.uk). Wasn't sure if that was on purpose or not.

Hi Chris,

Im getting the following error message when i try to install a new addon/upgrade after i moved hosts:
file_put_contents(/home/nzwarrio/public_html/www.mydomain.com/internal_data/templates/S.0,L.0,account.css.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. file_put_contents() in XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php at line 95
  3. XenForo_Template_FileHandler->_saveTemplate() in XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php at line 50
  4. XenForo_Template_FileHandler::save() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1105
  5. XenForo_Model_Template->compileAndInsertParsedTemplate() in TMS/Model/Template.php at line 183
  6. TMS_Model_Template->compileAndInsertParsedTemplate() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1029
  7. XenForo_Model_Template->compileTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 983
  8. XenForo_Model_Template->compileNamedTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 923
  9. XenForo_Model_Template->compileAllTemplates() in TMS/Model/Template.php at line 121
  10. TMS_Model_Template->compileAllTemplates() in XenForo/CacheRebuilder/Template.php at line 55
  11. XenForo_CacheRebuilder_Template->rebuild() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
  12. XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 78
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionCacheRebuild() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  14. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nzwarrio/public_html/www.mydomain.com/admin.php at line 13
I have internal_data and data folders set at 777. Any ideas?

Hi Chris,

Im getting the following error message when i try to install a new addon/upgrade after i moved hosts:
file_put_contents(/home/nzwarrio/public_html/www.mydomain.com/internal_data/templates/S.0,L.0,account.css.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
I have internal_data and data folders set at 777. Any ideas?

Some add-ons require write access to your styles directory as well as the install directory. I have set mine at 775 (group and owner write permissions) and solved most of those. A lot of Waindigo's stuff writes to the /install/data folder, and Gritter Notifications at Stat's Bar (for two examples) write to the /styles folder.

Got this error when trying to upgrade/install an add-on.

I removed the root name fyi.
Code:
Server Error

mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
mkdir() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 17
AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 57
AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/*root*/*root*/admin.php at line 13

That is a server configuration issue.

Please consult your host or server person for support.

Specifically, PHP is unable to create a temporary directory in the install/addons directory.

Mine only shows updates for one add on...
As per the resource description, you have to give it the Resource Manager URLs of each add-on you want to check for updates. If you install an add-on directly using the Resource Manager URL it will add that automatically, but for any that aren't installed like that or already installed then you will need to add it manually.

As per the resource description, you have to give it the Resource Manager URLs of each add-on you want to check for updates. If you install an add-on directly using the Resource Manager URL it will add that automatically, but for any that aren't installed like that or already installed then you will need to add it manually.
Gotcha thanks. I dont think it is letting me sign in with my password to install directly from the RM but it should at least check for updates.

For installing directly from the RM ensure you are using your Username (as opposed to your e-mail address). It should be able to check for updates. What is happening when it attempts to check for updates?

For installing directly from the RM ensure you are using your Username (as opposed to your e-mail address). It should be able to check for updates. What is happening when it attempts to check for updates?
It shows updates are needed correctly but if I try to install after logging in through my ACP it gives me this error, might be server side:
mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mkdir() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 117
  3. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mike/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom