Add-on Builder

Add-on Builder 1.2.0

No permission to download
Guys, sorry, I got confused because I'm using a completely different version myself which is part of another add-on. I need to do some updating to get this one back up to speed, I think.

Also I don't know if @NixFifty has gotten anywhere with his update he was thinking about making to this add-on. If no progress has been made with that, I might update this version.

The version you have won't have the ability to specify additional directories, unfortunately but I think the more up to date version does.

Guys, sorry, I got confused because I'm using a completely different version myself which is part of another add-on. I need to do some updating to get this one back up to speed, I think.

Also I don't know if @NixFifty has gotten anywhere with his update he was thinking about making to this add-on. If no progress has been made with that, I might update this version.

The version you have won't have the ability to specify additional directories, unfortunately but I think the more up to date version does.
I went crazy, it does a lot more than build add-ons now (http://i.imgur.com/hDd70vZ.png). It's part of a larger add-on that provides additional functionality to ease development. The builder included was based off this add-on initially and then I added a couple other things (http://i.imgur.com/x4daqdT.png). I can tidy it up for a release or I can bring over my changes to the builder to this version?

I went crazy, it does a lot more than build add-ons now (http://i.imgur.com/hDd70vZ.png). It's part of a larger add-on that provides additional functionality to ease development. The builder included was based off this add-on initially and then I added a couple other things (http://i.imgur.com/x4daqdT.png). I can tidy it up for a release or I can bring over my changes to the builder to this version?
Did you ever release this? That looks really handy.

I open sourced the larger add-on I was referring to and it is available here: https://github.com/NixFifty/XenForo-XDT
Cheers. Did you ever get around to the file health check thing? Would save a lot of time too. Can do it somewhat easily, but I'm assuming you already got it down haha.

Edit: Also, adding .git to the ignore list doesn't work, neither does .git/, any way to ignore .git directories?

Last edited:
Cheers. Did you ever get around to the file health check thing? Would save a lot of time too. Can do it somewhat easily, but I'm assuming you already got it down haha.

Edit: Also, adding .git to the ignore list doesn't work, neither does .git/, any way to ignore .git directories?
The file health checking, I never fully got round to. You're welcome to work on it and submit a pull request to the main repo though. Otherwise, I'll probably get to it eventually. :P

As for ignoring .git directories, I'm almost sure it should since all the add-ons I do regardless of public / private are version controlled and I've never had a problem with it. I can double check shortly. It could be something I added to the version I'm using and have not pushed it to the repo.

Chris D updated Add-on Builder with a new update entry:

Some long overdue changes...

• There is no longer a separate page to access to build add-ons, just click the "Build..." link next to each add-on in the Add-on List.
  • You have the option to minify all JS inside the JS directory of your add-on at build time. Minified JS will be downloaded to the archive's 'min' directory.
  • You can specify a list of custom files. These are also added to your built ZIP file. The list is cached so is retrieved automatically the next time you build the add-on.
  • As well as just...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Chris D I'm getting this when upgrading it...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class XFCP_AddOnBuilder_Model_AddOn in /home/user/public_html/domain/library/XenForo/Application.php(528) : eval()'d code on line 1

Someone else got the same and I'm not sure why. Try deleting the files from the server (library/AddOnBuilder) and re upload them from the zip file and try again.

I have just deleted (library/AddonBuilder) I went to refresh and it's still giving me the same error. - @Chris D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok.

Add the following to config.php:

PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

Then uninstall the add-on, remove the line from config.php and then install from scratch.

Ok.

Add the following to config.php:

PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

Then uninstall the add-on, remove the line from config.php and then install from scratch.

That worked, I totally forgot to add that when doing deleting the files, I just couldn't think of the right code for it at first. :) Thanks, @Chris D

So with the new option to include custom files in the package, where should these files be located to copy them to the package?

I've tried to list them from inside the xenforo root, outside the root, within the internal_data/addons directory, and everything I try ends up with an server error that it can't find the file.

I don't use it but what is the add-on ID and how is it structured in the file system?

I wonder whether they have to match.

It looks like it may put the product xml file in the addon root directory, and then copy that xml file above the "upload" directory in the package, which is correct. If I put my custom files in the same place as the product xml file, I think that would just duplicate them, so that they'd be both in the addon directory of the distribution, and (where I want them) above the "upload" directory of the package.

I'll play around with it more, maybe I just didn't have them named correctly.

I think I see the problem. if I have a "changelog.txt" document in the xenforo root, this addon will find it and add it inside the "upload" directory of the package, which isn't really where I want it, but at least I know where it expects to find the file.

The custom files option doesn't seem to support directories, so using the "changelog.txt" example, I can't have a "miscellaneous/myaddon/changelog.txt" location in my xenforo root to have it copied to the package.

The option is helpful, but I'll play around with it to make it more useful for my needs. Thanks.

I found a bug in Zip.php on the following line:
PHP:
$zip->addFile($src . $xmlFile, $xmlFile);
There is a slash missing between $src and $xmlFile which results in a zip file creation failure and an error message if you click on „Build and Download“

Update: After a few tests I think the problem occurs only in older PHP versions. The effects of the bug occured only on my local dev installations which all use PHP 5.3. On my website where I use the 5.4 release there are no problems at all..

Last edited:
Top Bottom