Add-on A complete store front add-on - GFNStoreFront

I can't seem to find any information about any fundings for this project?
I don't see any either... Except the message of Audentio who seems to have chosen to support this addon creation by himself.
Chris, the last part of your message wasn't really necessary. Even if everything you wrote is true and you deserve all the credit for what you've done in a record time, this might be taken as self promotion... I get your point, but that was not necessary in my opinion. We don't know what happen to Mr. Goodie2Shoes, even on his own website he seems to have been offline for a long time. So again, let's hope everything is fine for him.

Edit: you've been faster than me. Sorry.

It doesn't have to hold true to this add-on only.

Anyone remember the $2000 Gallery debacle? Where is that product?

I think the point made is spot on. Don't ask for funds if you aren't going to deliver.

Cédric, it isn't self-promotion at all.

It's a fact that should be true of all developers. Don't take money from people if you can't deliver. Preferably, don't take money from people at all unless you've got a product to give them already.

And whether Audentio is the one who kindly donated money, or whether MG2S crowd funded for money, the same applies.

It doesn't have to hold true to this add-on only.

Correct, but it doesn't seem fair to insinuate Mr. Goodie2Shoes did something he doesn't seem to have done (for what I know at least). That was all my point. And to be clear, I don't want to be irrespectful to anybody here.

Correct, but it doesn't seem fair to insinuate Mr. Goodie2Shoes did something he doesn't seem to have done (for what I know at least). That was all my point. And to be clear, I don't want to be irrespectful to anybody here.

Like I said in my post above. Chris' quote holds true for any and all developers. Don't take money beforehand for a product you are not certain you are going to finish. I don't care what MG2S has done with this add-on, or Robbo has done with his. In the end, it only hurts the users here at xF because time and time again we all pay out of pocket for a pipe dream. After being burnt so many times, many simply will not contribute any more, which in turn will eventually lead to less add-ons being created.

Cédric, it isn't self-promotion at all.
Then I'm sorry, that was just the feeling I had after reading it.
And whether Audentio is the one who kindly donated money, or whether MG2S crowd funded for money, the same applies.
In the past MG2S already refunded his members for some of his addons that had problems so he shouldn't be a problem at all... providing everything is fine for him...

I'm not accusing him of any wrong doing or deliberate tactics to take people's money. Circumstances change. My only point is that developers should strongly consider many factors before taking £10 or £1000.

I never abandoned this project nor will in the future, if you want to know why I disappeared: https://gfnlabs.com/threads/welcome-to-goodfornothing-labs.1/#post-14

Firstly, I would like to say that I never crowdfunded for this project because I wasn't sure if I could finish this in time. Though @Mike Creuzer wanted to help me on this project by funding it (I was actually reluctant to take it though, like I said I wasn't quite sure) and @Mike Edge helped me by giving a WHM account and a test board.

I know I have disappointed you all. But these turn of events left me no choice. And I was actually afraid to come back :notworthy:. And just to be clear: I may be many things, but not greedy.

Both Mike Creuzer and Mike Edge are cool now. And I am actually re writing everything from scratch. I will also be redesigning the front end to make it look more like an e-commerce site (as Mike has suggested, and I also think so, instead of going to XF's generic look). Will post sneak peeks once I have something to show (I don't have any time frame at this moment though).

And since I am starting from scratch, you can post your suggestions on https://gfnlabs.com/forums/suggestions.18/ (so that I can keep track) instead of posting it in this thread.

Thank You!

Hello, I have buy this addon 2/3 year ago :
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/goodfornothing-product-manager.945/

I use this addon on my board and 0 update since 2012... I have many bug, the addon is not released after +2 year of Beta and I can't update my xenforo board with recent (or old) version without break this addon and lose all my user updates...

Why you have disappeared ? Why your website don't work ? I need a refund for take an another addon or please create an update for fix all problems, other customer and me need to have a compatibility with recent xenforo version (1.4.4), my website is in 1.1.3, I have a licence for +1.4.x with xXenforoMediaGallery and I can't update my forum without loose all...

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom