[8WR] XenRio (Streams) PRO

[8WR] XenRio (Streams) PRO [Paid] 1.2.6b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
I just got an contact us email from some guy ranting and raving about his stream showing on our site. I have it set to show that game? How do you block a particular stream? And what are my rights anyway when it comes to that? Doesn't twitch have a setting to not allow it to be scraped?
I've gotten the same emails from people before. Twitch does NOT have a setting to not allow it to be scraped. However, it does have a setting to disallow embedded of PAST broadcasts. So I have set up the twitch scrape so it doesn't scrape channels that have disallowed embedding of PAST broadcasts. You can still technically embed LIVE broadcasts though; but its a work around.

Secondly, the guy who sent that email is an idiot. Twitch streams are inherently public; thats why twitch is popular. If he only wanted his streams on a single site, he shouldn't be using Twitch. He has no right or legal recourse to sue you. That would be like someone suing you for embedding their EMBEDDABLE youtube video on your blog. Besides, anyone who resorts to cursing right from the start isn't someone worth listening to.

Also, this issue is yet ANOTHER issue with the Twitch API that they refuse to acknowledge. Twitch used to be so much better, but ever since they became super popular, they just dont care about anything anymore. They keep adding features and refusing to fix the old stuff that is still broken after years:

https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API/issues/120

Yeah I know it's garbage. It's pretty funny though. If his fantasy came true I would just show up to court with that email. lol I only brought it up because I figured you know a lot more about twitch than I do. I know they have a vague rule but it's about showing someones stream within your own stream with out permission.

Okay, so I got YouTube support working with the new v3 API... However, there is one significant issue. The YouTube API does not expose the number of viewers watching a live broadcast. So no matter what, every YouTube broadcast will say "0" viewers. So YouTube broadcasts will always be at the bottom of the list.

http://8wayrun.com/streams/10.iGTIK_8ydoI/stream

Also, there is no way to easily embed youtube comments.

Last edited:
So I've made a lot of changes to XenRio for the next version.

Firstly, the URLs of all streams have changed. In the past, it was "streams/stream_val1.service_id/stream". This used the XenForo Route Linker system. The downside of this, is if you didn't have friendly URLs enabled, the stream_val1 field would be empty and the link wouldn't work. In addition, it precluded functions with services that require stream_val2 to function, such as Ustream and GoodGame.Ru. In the next version, the url will change to "streams/service_id.stream_val1{.stream_val2}/stream". This will fix both issues in that its also not using the XenForo Route Linker, but instead a template helper.

The other change is... if you had a stream, and it matched a channel... the stream link would automatically redirect to the channel URL. This has been changed. Now the reverse happens. Stream links will remain as the end-point. You can still go to channel URLs as well. However, if a channel is currently live, it will redirect to the STREAM url. So basically its a reverse process. This creates more uniformity as previously some streams would link to /channel and others would link to /stream. Now everything just links to /stream.

The change with distinction in /stream and /channel was a necessity for YouTube support. YouTube does not link live broadcasts to channels; live broadcasts are something of their own thing, but with a controlling user/channel. In addition, channels can have more than one live broadcast at a time, so it would have been impossible to know which to embed. YouTube support fetches all the currently live streams on a channel, not just the first. Channel redirects however, redirect to the first live stream it finds.

The next version is also going to include the ability to define API keys for services that require it... YouTube.

A lot of streams that appear in my LIVE list are actually offline. (and have been for a while, yet they are still there) What gives?

A lot of streams that appear in my LIVE list are actually offline. (and have been for a while, yet they are still there) What gives?
Did you comment out any lines of code? Because when the stream list is updated, the first thing it does is truncate the existing list.

Oh wait... I see the issue. Beam.Pro changed their API so that games searching includes offline streams as well. So the next version will have it fixed.

Also, what are your "spellings" for Cities: Skylines? I assume you have "cities" in there?

Oh wait... I see the issue. Beam.Pro changed their API so that games searching includes offline streams as well. So the next version will have it fixed.

Also, what are your "spellings" for Cities: Skylines? I assume you have "cities" in there?

Ok thanks =)

I do yes. Shouldn't I? It appears to be what Beam.Pro tags the CSL streams with.

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenRio (Streams) PRO with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.3 CHANGELOG

Firstly, the URLs of all streams have changed. In the past, it was "streams/stream_val1.service_id/stream". This used the XenForo Route Linker system. The downside of this, is if you didn't have friendly URLs enabled, the stream_val1 field would be empty and the link wouldn't work. In addition, it precluded functions with services that require stream_val2 to function, such as Ustream and GoodGame.Ru. In the next version, the url will change to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Jaxel

After hitting the update button the following server error comes up:

Code:
Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'inthegame_*******.EWRmedio_services' doesn't exist

[*]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
[*]Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in EWRrio/Install.php at line 235
[*]EWRrio_Install->addColumnIfNotExist() in EWRrio/Install.php at line 210
[*]EWRrio_Install->_install_13() in EWRrio/Install.php at line 41
[*]EWRrio_Install::installCode()
[*]call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
[*]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in ConvEss/Model/AddOn.php at line 24
[*]ConvEss_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
[*]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 236
[*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in Nobita/Teams/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 7
[*]Nobita_Teams_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Addon->actionUpgrade() in Icewind/Staff/Listener/Proxy/ControllerAdminAddOn.php at line 7
[*]Icewind_Staff_Listener_Proxy_ControllerAdminAddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/inthegame.nl/httpdocs/forums/admin.php at line 13

Please advice?

Last edited:
@Jaxel

After hitting the update button the following server error comes up:

Code:
Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'inthegame_*******.EWRmedio_services' doesn't exist

[*]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
[*]Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in EWRrio/Install.php at line 235
[*]EWRrio_Install->addColumnIfNotExist() in EWRrio/Install.php at line 210
[*]EWRrio_Install->_install_13() in EWRrio/Install.php at line 41
[*]EWRrio_Install::installCode()
[*]call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
[*]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in ConvEss/Model/AddOn.php at line 24
[*]ConvEss_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
[*]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 236
[*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in Nobita/Teams/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 7
[*]Nobita_Teams_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Addon->actionUpgrade() in Icewind/Staff/Listener/Proxy/ControllerAdminAddOn.php at line 7
[*]Icewind_Staff_Listener_Proxy_ControllerAdminAddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/inthegame.nl/httpdocs/forums/admin.php at line 13

Please advice?
Was a typo in the install file, I've sent out a fix.

@Jaxel

I've updated from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3a (xf 1.4.2, PHP 5.3.11) by addon Install&Upgrade (after errors, I tried to disable addon, same error. Then i updated again by manually upload and replace files by FTP). Now I have following server errors each time when I visit domain.com/streams (other sites like /streams/channels work):

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception:Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'EWRrio_streams.stream_value1' in 'field list' -library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

#0 /library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('?????SELECT EWR...')
#1 /library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '?????SELECT EWR...')
#2 /library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('?????SELECT EWR...')
#3 /library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(734): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('?????SELECT EWR...', Array)
#4 /library/EWRrio/Model/Streams.php(57): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll('?????SELECT EWR...', Array)
#5 /library/StreamsInSideBar/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(12): EWRrio_Model_Streams->getStreams(1, '3')
#6 /library/SortCat/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(15): StreamsInSideBar_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex()
#7 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): SortCat_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex()
#8 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}

Also Multi-View doesn't work for me on Firefox 37. I can load /streams/multi and open a multiview site, but when I try to add type video with URL from twitch like http://www.twitch.tv/nvidia, the symbol "1" hides, but the space for slot 1 remains empty white. I've checked, the stream is online.

Can you please help?

Last edited:
@Jaxel

I've updated from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3a (xf 1.4.2, PHP 5.3.11) by addon Install&Upgrade (after errors, I tried to disable addon, same error. Then i updated again by manually upload and replace files by FTP). Now I have following server errors each time when I visit domain.com/streams (other sites like /streams/channels work):

Also Multi-View doesn't work for me on Firefox 37. I can load /streams/multi and open a multiview site, but when I try to add type video with URL from twitch like http://www.twitch.tv/nvidia, the symbol "1" hides, but the space for slot 1 remains empty white. I've checked, the stream is online.

Can you please help?
Uninstall and Reinstall? If you don't run the upgrade process, then the new table columns wont get installed.

And multi-view works fine... You're supposed to add the CHANNEL name, not the URL.

Top Bottom