[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
That error indicates the problem is with the portal add-on.

I have merged the threads.

i think portal fail to change all forums references to forum somewhere it left forums
but there is no page named forums its only forum

Another question from me (because I just love asking things).

I'm using a different styling on my site for posts made in the News Forum (which is then shown on the main site). Similar to what 8WayRun has set up. Is there any way that I can make it so that Promoting a thread automatically moves it to the News forum, so that it's using the proper style alterations?

i got this error again n again my my server error log

Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: forum - library/EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:14
Generated By: Administrator, Today at 2:35 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/content/18/8757918/html/library/EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(14): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
#1 /home/content/18/8757918/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#2 /home/content/18/8757918/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
#3 /home/content/18/8757918/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(44) "http://www.dayareurdu.com/forums/-/index.rss"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

also i m getting error in global rss feed

anyone help please

It is the bug, generated rss URL is wrong, adding extra trailing slash if you are using options "Globalized Custom Layouts" (at least in my case)
Quick and dirty solutions is by adding the following to your .htaccess file but the problem is still there.

Code:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(.*)//(.*)$
RewriteRule . %1/%2 [R=301,L]

after installation it makes two home pages
Perhaps this would help.

After installing XenPorta, I have two “Home” tabs in the navigation bar, one pointing to my home page and the other pointing to the portal. How can I fix this to have only one “Home” tab that points to my portal page?

To fix this, in your XenForo ACP go to Home > Options > Basic Board Information and clear the “Home Page URL” field. Doing so will remove the “Home” tab pointing to your home page and the remaining “Home” tab shall point to your portal page.
Source: XenPorta User Guide and FAQ

I read this from Change log:
>> Added "category" feature so that articles can be tagged and sorted.

How to use category/tag feature?

On the default theme with XF 1.1.2 there's an error with the article view, it is putting the home page layout and blocks between the comments title/description and thread tools. Have no other add-ons installed.

Can remove the blocks by commenting out"

<xen:hook name="thread_view_pagenav_before" params="{xen:array 'thread={$thread}'}" />

However this removes the 'Promote Options' button plus isn't a good way of fixing it.

Hey, this is a Xenporta question. I am trying to disable it from when you display an image it defaults to your avatar. I would rather have it display the users normal avatar and the image in the thread. Thanks.

Hey, I had created a thread then promoted it then deleted the node where the thread was located. However the thread is still on the Homepage and I cannot access or delete it as such

http://screensnapr.com/v/huPfpR.png

How can I go about to remove the thread?

go into recent news module and uncheck cache every hour. It should go away quick and then go back and check mark. Or you can just set cache lower.

In the /forum folder I put the redirection script for my old vbulletin installation: so when I enable the index controller I cannot enter the /forum folder anymore... what can I do?

Thanks!

In the /forum folder I put the redirection script for my old vbulletin installation: so when I enable the index controller I cannot enter the /forum folder anymore... what can I do?

Thanks!

If you had installed xenForo in the root directory
Create folder vb
Upload redirection scripts in vb folder
open .htaccess file

Find: #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

Directly after add this:

Code:
#Redirect url /forum/ to /vb/ fix for friendly url and XenPorta (Portal) set as Index Controller
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  ^/forum/showthread\.php$
       RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^t=([0-9]*)$
       RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /vb/showthread.php [R=302,L]
       RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  ^/forum/forumdisplay\.php$
       RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^f=([0-9]*)$
       RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /vb/forumdisplay.php [R=302,L]
       RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  ^/forum/showpost\.php$
       RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /vb/showpost.php [R=302,L]
       RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  ^/forum/printthread\.php$
       RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /vb/printthread.php [R=302,L]
       RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  ^/forum/member\.php$
       RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /vb/member.php [R=302,L]
       RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  ^/forum/attachment\.php$
       RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /vb/attachment.php [R=302,L]
       #end

How do I remove the "Signed in as Username" block in the top right? It doesn't appear to be a Block that you can turn on or off.

Perhaps this would help.

After installing XenPorta, I have two “Home” tabs in the navigation bar, one pointing to my home page and the other pointing to the portal. How can I fix this to have only one “Home” tab that points to my portal page?

To fix this, in your XenForo ACP go to Home > Options > Basic Board Information and clear the “Home Page URL” field. Doing so will remove the “Home” tab pointing to your home page and the remaining “Home” tab shall point to your portal page.
Source: XenPorta User Guide and FAQ
Thank you

Does anybody know how we avoid the IMG, ATTACH, PREBREAK tags in the recent slider module?

View attachment 25564

How do you get rid of the little thumbnails beside the titles as in this picture? Mine shows thumbnails just like this, but I don't want them, can't find a setting to get rid of them. Most Xenporta recent sliders that I've seen do not have this. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thank you
How do you get rid of the little thumbnails beside the titles as in this picture? Mine shows thumbnails just like this, but I don't want them, can't find a setting to get rid of them. Most Xenporta recent sliders that I've seen do not have this. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

There is no way to toggle on or off but you can expand the slider width to make
Those dissapear off of the edge and not visible.

Top Bottom