[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
If I happen to merge a thread which is also listed as recent news on xenporta, the link from the xenporta page can't find the new location and a number of errors are shown. I often want the old thread to remain for a day so, if there was a way for the xenporta news item to link to the merged thread, that would be ideal. Has anyone discovered a way?

Hi,

I converted my forum from vBulletin and in the process I moved it from /forum/ to the root. I would like to use xenPorta and change the index controller but I get an apache permission error when doing this.

Is there a way I can make xenPorta go to something other than /forum/ ? like /forums/ for example.

If I happen to merge a thread which is also listed as recent news on xenporta, the link from the xenporta page can't find the new location and a number of errors are shown. I often want the old thread to remain for a day so, if there was a way for the xenporta news item to link to the merged thread, that would be ideal. Has anyone discovered a way?
I need much more information than this if you want me to help you... This is what upsets me and the main reason why I hate giving support, how do people expect me to help them if they cant even bother to post the errors.

Are you merging a non-article thread INTO an article thread?
Are you merging an article thread INTO a non-article thread?
Are you merging an article thread INTO another article thread?
Is the original article thread in a news forum, or a promoted thread?
Is the new article thread in a news forum, or a promoted thread?

So many questions... no little answers.

Hi,

I converted my forum from vBulletin and in the process I moved it from /forum/ to the root. I would like to use xenPorta and change the index controller but I get an apache permission error when doing this.

Is there a way I can make xenPorta go to something other than /forum/ ? like /forums/ for example.

It seems /forums/ won't work since it is used for individual forums. Can I change this to /boards/ instead? or anything else/ I simply can not use /forum/ because that is where my vB forum was and all those urls are redirected now.

I need much more information than this if you want me to help you... This is what upsets me and the main reason why I hate giving support, how do people expect me to help them if they cant even bother to post the errors.

Are you merging a non-article thread INTO an article thread?
Are you merging an article thread INTO a non-article thread?
Are you merging an article thread INTO another article thread?
Is the original article thread in a news forum, or a promoted thread?
Is the new article thread in a news forum, or a promoted thread?

So many questions... no little answers.
Do you intentionally think I would waste my time and yours asking for help and willingly withhold information to help solve the issue?

Realize that many people who come here looking for help do so because they don't understand the issues involved. Therefore, they don't always know what information is needed to solve the problem.

I am merging a article thread into a non-article thread. Both are in the same node and neither are promoted. My articles are pulled via a certain member ID.

The exact error I receive:

Server Error
Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::$params
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in *******/ForumCensorship/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 8
  2. *******_ForumCensorship_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in ThreadWatchers/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 7
  3. ThreadWatchers_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 9
  4. EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in DigitalPointAds/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 7
  5. DigitalPointAds_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in IcewindDaleRP/ForumThreadViews/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 12
  6. IcewindDaleRP_ForumThreadViews_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/jfuqua/public_html/index.php at line 13

I managed to dig through the code and fix my issue myself.

Two files to edit:

EWRporta/Route/index.php
Change:
PHP:
return XenForo_Link::buildBasicLink('forum', $action, $extension);
To:
PHP:
return XenForo_Link::buildBasicLink('boards', $action, $extension);

EWRporta/Helper/Index.php
Change:
PHP:
$routesPublic['forum'] = array(
To:
PHP:
$routesPublic['boards'] = array(

I am merging a article thread into a non-article thread. Both are in the same node and neither are promoted. My articles are pulled via a certain member ID.

I dont understand...

You are merging an ARTICLE thread into a non-article thread. BOTH threads are not in an article node. BOTH threads are not promoted to become articles... So how is the original thread an article if its not in an article node and is not promoted?

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) with a new update entry:

Version 1.5.6 CHANGELOG

There are a lot of fundamental changes to this version. Please read all the patch notes before you ask questions.

File structure for many block files have changed. I have done this to make it easier to group files that have to do with the portal, and files that have to do with individual blocks. Before you upload this new version, you should review the file structure of files on your existing install.​
You may wish to delete the current...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

I dont understand...

You are merging an ARTICLE thread into a non-article thread. BOTH threads are not in an article node. BOTH threads are not promoted to become articles... So how is the original thread an article if its not in an article node and is not promoted?
Let me try this again...

Chris Deeming wrote a modification which pulls (promotes?) a thread to the front page if it is posted by a particular member number. This was so that I could have all rss feeds go to the front page without having them in an entirely separate node from my main one.

But, sometimes, a thread has already been started within the same node on the same topic by one of my members before the rss/article topic automatically brought in via my feed. I would like to merge the rss thread into the existing one already created. I realize that would mean the rss feed thread would no longer remain on the front page. However, when I specify the amount of time I want the merged/forward notice to remain as 1 day, the article title remains but, clicks on the continue option does not forward onto the new merged thread but produces the error I posted. If you click on the rss/article title within the node itself, it does forward to the merged thread.

Receiving errors while trying to install latest update.. I deleted entire file folder and installed fresh. Please advise.

I had to perform complete uninstall, then I removed folder from the library. I then performed fresh install of latest upgrade. Works great..

I can't seem to get my twitter to display anything... Just shows white area and no feeds. I want it to show for example #ineedhelp

And how can I change I change the colour of the twitter logo, white isn't suitable for my forum background.

Also how can I add the auto scroll/image display at the top of the portal here http://8wayrun.com/calibur/

Thanks.

I can't seem to get my twitter to display anything... Just shows white area and no feeds. I want it to show for example #ineedhelp

And how can I change I change the colour of the twitter logo, white isn't suitable for my forum background.

Also how can I add the auto scroll/image display at the top of the portal here http://8wayrun.com/calibur/

Thanks.
I'm by no means an expert but this might help get you started.

It looks like your twitter code is not working. Go to https://dev.twitter.com/docs/using-search to see if it helps. You can try a test using the feed which works for me: from:twitteraccount (replacing "twitteraccount" with the actual account name).

I was unable to change the color of the Twitter logo.

If you are referring to the auto scroll for the Twitter feed block, if you ask it to pull more tweets that fit into the depth you've set, the auto scroll will automatically show up.

As for categories, I don't use them for my site.

Got these errors in ACP
Error Info
ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php:30
Generated By: xxx, 10 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/andy/public_html/quant/library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php(30): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/andy/publ...', 30, Array)
#1 /home/andy/public_html/quant/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(215): EWRporta_ViewPublic_Portal->renderRss()
#2 /home/andy/public_html/quant/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('EWRporta_ViewPu...', 'Rss', Array, '')
#3 /home/andy/public_html/quant/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView('EWRporta_ViewPu...', Array, '', NULL)
#4 /home/andy/public_html/quant/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss), Array)
#5 /home/andy/public_html/quant/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(40) "https://www.xyz.com/index/index.rss"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/index/index_rss"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I'm by no means an expert but this might help get you started.

It looks like your twitter code is not working. Go to https://dev.twitter.com/docs/using-search to see if it helps. You can try a test using the feed which works for me: from:twitteraccount (replacing "twitteraccount" with the actual account name).

I was unable to change the color of the Twitter logo.

If you are referring to the auto scroll for the Twitter feed block, if you ask it to pull more tweets that fit into the depth you've set, the auto scroll will automatically show up.

As for categories, I don't use them for my site.
Hi… 1 hashtag or one of any option works…. Is there anyway I can use multiple hashtags ?

And way of changing the colour of the twitter logo?

Top Bottom