[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Now I will have to disable xenporta or delete the thread I just promoted because everytime I click on the thread I get that server error. How can I unpromote that thread?

Okay so I went into the database and deleted a EWRporta_promotes item so now I'm able to view that promoted thread.

Hi Jaxel,

recently when I got a new style for my website it's been telling me that the templates EWRporta.css, EWRporta_Footer and EWRporta_Portal are out of date. I haven't noticed anything different except that the EWRporta_Footer template is now empty and has removed your branding, which I think is unfair on your behalf. What code should I put in the template to restore the branding notice?

Thanks,
Matthew

Jaxel, the h2 tags are placed wrong because they also wrap up the post date of an article. I recommend this:
Rich (BB code):
<div class="subHeading">
    <div style="float: right; white-space: nowrap;">
        <a href="threads/soulcast-21-the-piratecast.15674/"><abbr data-timestring="6:33 AM" data-datestring="Jan 6, 2013" data-diff="92904" data-time="1357472016" class="DateTime" title="Jan 6, 2013 at 6:33 AM">Yesterday at 6:33 AM</abbr></a>
    </div>

<h2><a class="newsTitle" href="threads/soulcast-21-the-piratecast.15674/">SoulCast #21: The PirateCast!</a></h2>
</div>

And thanks BTW, good posting thanks for the idea.

This is what I did, as I dint want the forum name include. My recent news block pulls threads from the same forum called news, so I didn't want the same word repeated for each H2 heading.
Code:
  <a href="{xen:link threads, $news}" class="newsTitle"><h2 class="subHeading">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $news}{$news.title}</a>
                </h2>
This is broken and not valid html. You can't move h2 tags inside a tags. And You can't close an h2 tag outside of an a tag when the opening h2 tag is inside the a tag.

Hi Jaxel,

recently when I got a new style for my website it's been telling me that the templates EWRporta.css, EWRporta_Footer and EWRporta_Portal are out of date. I haven't noticed anything different except that the EWRporta_Footer template is now empty and has removed your branding, which I think is unfair on your behalf. What code should I put in the template to restore the branding notice?

Thanks,
Matthew
Just revert the template... Also, the skin you are using is available from a NULLED XenForo trading site only. You should be wary of using anything from that place.

Just revert the template... Also, the skin you are using is available from a NULLED XenForo trading site only. You should be wary of using anything from that place.
I didn't download it from there, I bought a newer version from the author.

I'm starting to use your portal on one of my website and it's working nice :) .

Here's a first feedback about float left image bbcode embedded inside a message. To avoid it breaks the display of the portal, this css property "overflow:auto;" must be added to this class ".recentNews .leftDate .newsText"

I must say I absolutely love the new recent threads block. In the future, will more tabs be added?

Awesome job Jaxel!

It will work... just not in tandem with RecentThreadx5. As well, I won't be including the slider in future packages.
I kind of liked RecentThreadsx5 so looks like I'll have to switch over to RecentFeatures.

Is there any chance, however, to remove the [ attach ] and [ prebreak ] tags appearing in the "Story" text in RecentFeatures? These used to appear in RecentSlider as well.

If you absolutely wish, you can easily edit RecentFeatures to make the blocks bigger, and add thumbnails to the squares.
Yeah, I figured I could -- just need the time!

plz help me.. i using RecentSlider . I do not want to use attact slide.jpg. i want use get images in firt post :( help me plz. thx u

Heya, I got the same error as the guy at page 68

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /home/trish769/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  5. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  6. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  7. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
  10. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/trish769/public_html/index.php at line 13
This only happens when I promote or even place it on the Recent News.

Top Bottom