[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I would update the addon from 1.5.1 but i get this error
"The provided file is not a block XML file."

I would update the addon from 1.5.1 but i get this error
"The provided file is not a block XML file."
have you tried looking at a block XML file from the latest version to see and compare what differences there are to make it compatible?
example:
library\EWRporta\Block\BoardTotals.php
Code:
<?php

class EWRporta_Block_BoardTotals extends XenForo_Model
{
    public function getModule()
    {
        $boardTotals = $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_DataRegistry')->get('boardTotals');

if (!$boardTotals)
        {
            $boardTotals = $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_Counters')->rebuildBoardTotalsCounter();
        }

$boardTotals['most_users'] = XenForo_Application::getSimpleCacheData('EWRporta_MostUsers');

return $boardTotals;
    }
}

have you tried looking at a block XML file from the latest version to see and compare what differences there are to make it compatible?
example:
library\EWRporta\Block\BoardTotals.php
Code:
<?php

class EWRporta_Block_BoardTotals extends XenForo_Model
{
    public function getModule()
    {
        $boardTotals = $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_DataRegistry')->get('boardTotals');

if (!$boardTotals)
        {
            $boardTotals = $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_Counters')->rebuildBoardTotalsCounter();
        }

$boardTotals['most_users'] = XenForo_Application::getSimpleCacheData('EWRporta_MostUsers');

return $boardTotals;
    }
}
i think its all overwrite by uploading the new verion?

You could create a route by creating a custom class.

or alternatively and much simpler, is to modify/create an htaccess file rule.
the htaccess rule would look something like this:

Code:
RewriteEngine  on
RewriteRule ^soccer/$ articles/soccer/
so now when you visit yoursite.com/soccer it will show whatever is in the "articles/soccer" category. At least in theory, I have not tested this and it may require some tweaking.

Do keep in mind though if you use this htaccess that it does not change any links in your site.
You will have to manually add your links to map to that path.

So if you have a tab in your navigation that links to "articles/soccer/" you should put that path as "soccer/"
The htaccess rule doesn't work here. Are you using the htaccess file rule or how do you get pure links without /something/category?

I see that you have a category named "Sample". Can you access 127.0.0.1/samples/ ?

I had the portal set as index.php and the forum then became index.php?forum. I want to return the forum as index.php but folks have booksmarks that point to the index.php?forum. How can I redirect (rewrite?) the index.php?forum >>>index.php?

if i upload the new version of XenPorta i overwrite all the files in "library\EWRporta\Block\*php"
so i dont understand what you mean
and if i rename the folder Block an upload it new i have the same bug
Sorry I have no idea what your talking about.
I replied to your original post about getting an error updating to 1.5.1 and I said in essence that youshould check your block code.
I was under the impression that you were creating a custom block and having issues with using your custom block in a new version of xenporta.
This appears to not be the case however so this means I have no idea what you are trying to do and can be of little assistance to you.

yeah...
That NEVER worked for me, I am looking for a solution.
To prove you that I've done that:
DJNAf.png

DiluP.png

LPoDa.png

I always thought it was style related - but it's not! It's not workin with any style and I am wondering what I am doing wrong...
Thanks in advance!
Help please :S

Can anyone help me making a layout/category without the annoying "/articles" before the layout/category name?

@jaxel: Any reason to the lack of support? :(

after i try and try..i can't make done with this portal .now time to uninstall and i can't do that either
Missing argument 2 for EWRporta_Install::uninstallCode()
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRporta/Install.php at line 176
  2. EWRporta_Install::uninstallCode()
  3. call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 193
  4. XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1738
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 116
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in DaTheme/SSX/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 42
  7. DaTheme_SSX_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nusaprom/public_html/admin.php at line 13
please help

Another question: Is it possible to have RSS feeds for single categories and not just the full portal page?

Also what about nested categories?

Got a funny one.. Whenever I put a block (any block) into the Mid-Right position, the title bar gets messed up. It doesn't happen with Mid-Left or any other block position, only Mid-Right. Does anyone know what file I might have accidentally changed, or what might be the culprit?

See attached screenshot.

Can anyone kindly check it out on theirs - Put a block in Mid-Right and tell me how the title comes out?

Attachments

• Untitled-2.webp
    Untitled-2.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 13
hi guys, is there a way to link a thread to the donation box? any help would be appreciated (basically want to link the title of the donation to a thread)

I got this error:

Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ?) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = '' at line 11 in /home/biruboxc/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
    EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
    EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
    EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/biruboxc/public_html/index.php at line 13

Also getting this when I try to uninstall in admin panel:

Code:

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRporta/Install.php at line 176
    EWRporta_Install::uninstallCode() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 193
    XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1738
    XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 116
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/biruboxc/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Does anyone have a list of all the new/custom blocks that are compatible with the latest version of xenporta?
It is extremely difficult to search through all the posts in this thread and forums to find any and many seem to only work for certain versions.

Ok I will start only new Block I know of is "Recent News-2"

P.s. Please lose the half a page high signature graphic it's a bit pretentious and very annoying. (it is a cool pic)

I got this error:

Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ?) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = '' at line 11 in /home/biruboxc/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
    EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
    EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
    EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/biruboxc/public_html/index.php at line 13

Also getting this when I try to uninstall in admin panel:

Code:

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRporta/Install.php at line 176
    EWRporta_Install::uninstallCode() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 193
    XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1738
    XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 116
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/biruboxc/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Are you sure all your files uploaded completely?

hi guys, is there a way to link a thread to the donation box? any help would be appreciated (basically want to link the title of the donation to a thread)
You'll need to edit the template "EWRblock_Donations"

Change:
HTML:
<h3>{xen:phrase EWRblock_Donations_drive}</h3>
To:
HTML:
<h3><a href="{xen:link threads/insert-thread-name-here.12345}">{xen:phrase EWRblock_Donations_drive}</a></h3>

Top Bottom