[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
We have just upgraded to xenforo 1.2 and xenporta 1.5.8 We currently have 2 errors.

1) unable to drag bocks to create the portal page. Tried all browser with same problem.

2) With xenporta enabled we are unable to post on the forum. we receive the following error.

-
53006-38ecbca7177da21d20f9d9f462bc81cb.jpg

Any ideas ?

Attachments

• forum_error_1.webp
    forum_error_1.webp
    59 KB · Views: 22
I notice that the social media links have gone from below each of the article previews on the portal page is there any way to get them back ?

I uninstall it install it again no Promote this thread. Could you please HELP ME?
Permissions are OK and i have tried all possible combinations with blocs the last 12 hours. This is what is left to go live, there must be a way

Here is the setup what could be possibly wrong? Yesterday was ok

2013-08-03  .webp

my2cv.gr - The story of a legend.webp

No Promote option

d.webp

Hello,
when I put the recentnews on the portal layout

error code

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ? ) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = ' at line 11 in /home/spr/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  6. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  7. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  8. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
  11. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/spr/public_html/index.php at line 13

Last edited:
Not when you're doing it in a media class for lower scale devices. You aren't actually hiding the text from Google, just users when at the lower screen width for no other purpose than it being at a lower screen width.

If you wanted to remove notices from showing on the portal page, you would use the below to wrap the notice template, adding a xen:else, so it doesn't show for the portal page, but does for everything else. So you would add the portal page to the conditional, leave it blank, then add the normal notices content to the else statement, thus it would show on every page other than portal.

How can I show content on a specific page?
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'xyz'">
This content will show on the xyz template
</xen:if>

Do you know(or how do i find out) what is the content template for the xenporta index page?

I uninstall it install it again no Promote this thread. Could you please HELP ME?
Permissions are OK and i have tried all possible combinations with blocs the last 12 hours. This is what is left to go live, there must be a way

Here is the setup what could be possibly wrong? Yesterday was ok

View attachment 53023

View attachment 53024

No Promote option

View attachment 53025
RecentThreads needs to be in Position: Top-Right or at least somewhere in the Portal Layout. You've got it in the Disabled Blocks section, so clearly you won't be able to promote any posts with it there.

Hello,
I have two [home] tab on my navigation bar, the first one is the default one which is directed to the forum, and the second one is the portal one. How to remove the first one? I have a fresh installed 1.2 xenforo, and this problem didn't occur on 1.x

I have checked the Index(index>portal) and forum (forum-# > forum) box

Plus, when click on the forum tag, it shows "the requested forum could not be found". all forums now are not showing

even when I disabled the portal, now all fourms are still not showing, please help!!:cry:

admin.php?options/list/basicBoard > Index Page Route
set to: portal/

Do you know(or how do i find out) what is the content template for the xenporta index page?
ewrporta_portal is the home template for this. You find a template by looking at the pages source, then at the top of the code you will find the template name within:

Code:
<div id="content" class="EWRporta_Portal">

If this is in relation to notices showing, you want the notices template though, not the portal homepage. You wrap the notice in a conditional, so it doesn't show on the portal template, but does for everything else.

As an example using XF1.2 notices template, you would do the below:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$notices}">
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'EWRporta_Portal'">

<xen:else />
<xen:require css="panel_scroller.css" />
<xen:edithint template="notice" />

<div class="{xen:if @scrollableNotices, PanelScroller, PanelScrollerOff}" id="Notices" data-vertical="@noticeVertical" data-speed="@noticeSpeed" data-interval="@noticeInterval">
    <div class="scrollContainer">
        <div class="PanelContainer">
            <ol class="Panels">
                <xen:foreach loop="$notices" key="$noticeId" value="$notice">
                    <xen:include template="notice">
                        <xen:set var="$content">{xen:raw $notice.message}</xen:set>
                    </xen:include>
                </xen:foreach>
            </ol>
        </div>
    </div>

<xen:if is="@scrollableNotices AND {xen:count $notices} > 1"><div class="navContainer">
        <span class="navControls Nav JsOnly">
            <xen:foreach loop="$notices" key="$noticeId" value="$notice" i="$i">
                <a id="n{$noticeId}" href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#n{$noticeId}"{xen:if '{$i} == 1', ' class="current"'}>
                    <span class="arrow"><span></span></span>
                    <!--{$i} -->{$notice.title}</a>
            </xen:foreach>
        </span>
    </div></xen:if>
</div>

So that will show nothing if the template is portal, otherwise it will show notices on every other template.

Last edited:
Hey guys I have most things working how I want. One weird thing that is happening is I'm having my homepage duplicated into my posts.

If you check out any of my news articles on my main page, gamebredbets.com.

I've tried it in different browsers and it still happens with the default template. Really weird. Appreciate any incite.

Attachments

• repeat.webp
    repeat.webp
    59.7 KB · Views: 20
Hey guys I have most things working how I want. One weird thing that is happening is I'm having my homepage duplicated into my posts.

If you check out any of my news articles on my main page, gamebredbets.com.

I've tried it in different browsers and it still happens with the default template. Really weird. Appreciate any incite.
have the same problem except its only happening when i use featuredslider

Hello,
when I put the recentnews on the portal layout

error code

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ? ) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = ' at line 11 in /home/spr/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  6. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  7. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  8. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
  11. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/spr/public_html/index.php at line 13

Same problem here. Gives a nifty white page screaming database error and when you login admin-wise you see these errors

Same problem here. Gives a nifty white page screaming database error and when you login admin-wise you see these errors

If you have "Index (index > portal)" checked, uncheck it. That should fix it.

When you want to check it back, go to layouts and create a layout for "index" first and turn on "Index (index > portal)".

Top Bottom