[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Same error when trying to create a new thread

in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. in_array() in EWRporta/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 35
  3. EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->cachePromotions() in EWRporta/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 15
  4. EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 441
  5. XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1397
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 676
  7. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in Tinhte/XenTag/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 23
  8. Tinhte_XenTag_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/andy/public_html/index.php at line 13

Same error when trying to create a new thread

in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. in_array() in EWRporta/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 35
  3. EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->cachePromotions() in EWRporta/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 15
  4. EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 441
  5. XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1397
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 676
  7. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in Tinhte/XenTag/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 23
  8. Tinhte_XenTag_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/andy/public_html/index.php at line 13
Same!

Same, the function getPromoteForums() is returning false, as the database fetch is seemingly not returning anything.
PHP:
    public function getPromoteForums()
    {
        if (!$forums = $this->_getDb()->fetchRow("
            SELECT *
                FROM EWRporta_options
            WHERE option_id = ?
        ", 'recentnews_forum'))
        {
            return false;
        }

$forums = unserialize($forums['option_value']);
        return $forums;
    }

Oops... i think the issue is that I included the wrong RecentNews.xml in the zip file...

Re-install the RecentNews block using this XML and tell me if that fixes all your issues.
Sweet.. Working like a champ no errors to report yet.

Reactions: Cao
Oops... i think the issue is that I included the wrong RecentNews.xml in the zip file...

Re-install the RecentNews block using this XML and tell me if that fixes all your issues.
Seems to have fixed all my problems. Will report if I encounter more issues.
Thank you Jaxel.

Reactions: Cao
@Jaxel
In XF 1.1, we were able to install XF on root and have Xenporta to create an index so that we show our forum index at /forum/

Looks like XF 1.2 changes the route index so I'm unable to recreate the same structures. Everything seems to route to /forums instead of /forum/

Any idea on how we get back to the old structure?

Just wanted to mention that im really impressed with how well it responds at different screen resolutions.:)

@Jaxel
In XF 1.1, we were able to install XF on root and have Xenporta to create an index so that we show our forum index at /forum/

Looks like XF 1.2 changes the route index so I'm unable to recreate the same structures. Everything seems to route to /forums instead of /forum/

Any idea on how we get back to the old structure?
XF1.2 has a new built in routing system... if you look at "Basic Board Information", just change the "Index Page Route" to /portal

Fixed! Thanks Jaxel, and very nice with the responsive nature. I'm going to take it live.

With the above, did you mean portal/ or /portal ? (portal/ is what works for me, I have XF in root, and I want metabunk.org to map to the portal, and metabunk.org/forums to go to the forum, which it does now).

XF1.2 has a new built in routing system... if you look at "Basic Board Information", just change the "Index Page Route" to /portal
I did that but the forum is now routed to /forums/ while I used to have the forum at /forum/
Notice the extra s

I create a route filter to change forums/ to forum/ and the result is that the forum index now can be seen at domain.com/forum/ but links to individual forums are now broken.

links to domain.com/forums/2/ for example is now routed to domain.com/2/

All i need is to have the forum index at domain.com/forum/ instead of domain.com/forums/

Last edited:
One small problem, the media embeds, like Youtube, are not responsive (resizing) in the portal, yet they are in the normal thread view. You can see this at:
http://metabunk.org/

The third story down (Michael Hastings) has a Youtube video. When resizing the window this does not resize the video (it stays at 500px).

This is a bit of a problem as it creates a load of white space off the right on an iPhone in portrait.
Metabunk-20130719-153055.jpg

I did that but the forum is now routed to /forums/ while I used to have the forum at /forum/
Notice the extra s

I create a route filter to change forums/ to forum/ and the result is that the forum index now can be seen at domain.com/forum/ but links to individual forums are now broken.

links to domain.com/forums/2/ for example is now routed to domain.com/2/

All i need is to have the forum index at domain.com/forum/ instead of domain.com/forums/

Iwill have the same issue.

http://www.shottalk.com/ has xenPorta at the root. http://www.shottalk.com/boards/ is the forum.

How do I make this exact same setup when I go to 1.2?

Patch for the YouTube frames not resizing: add:

.newsText iframe { max-width: 100%;}

to the extra.css template (via ACP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

I don't have a problem with images not resizing. But maybe you have your images in an iframe and this might work? [Edit: probably not, looks like your problem is a fixed size element pushing the image over]

Last edited:
This is currently incompatible with 1.2, I need to use this for a school assignment in 6-8 weeks. Would I be better off downgrading my XenForo version or just wait for the update.

Cheers

Top Bottom