• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hokey dokey, here's one for ya...
Issue: Using Flexile Dark, see the text here on the Facebook block. (I've highlighted the problem partially)

fb-dark.webp

I've been all over the CSS and EXTRA.css and still it remains dark.
colour: #EBEBEB;
Would be perfect, help needed please?

Prior to yesterday I would have shared there is not much you can do.

ACP > Style Properties > General > Facebook Plugin Color Scheme

You have an option for Light and Dark. The problem is one offers black text, the other grey text. Neither work well for a dark grey background such as Flexile Dark. This content is 100% controlled by Facebook.

BUT yesterday Jaxel shared it is possible to modify the CSS on our end. Try taking a look on your server /js/8wayrun/fb-dark1.css (assuming you chose Dark in the ACP). You may be able to modify the CSS there and make a change. You would need to modify the version number of the file in the template which uses it, and I am not sure off hand which template that is, but I would suggest starting with EWRporta_block_facebook.

BUT yesterday Jaxel shared it is possible to modify the CSS on our end.
Yes, I had been reading your example with the fan box dimensions, made some changes last night but it never seemed to work.
Thanks, I'll give it another go. There's definitely something I'd missed. :)

You may be able to modify the CSS there and make a change. You would need to modify the version number of the file in the template which uses it, and I am not sure off hand which template that is, but I would suggest starting with EWRporta_block_facebook.
Done and fail and taking forever. :(
How hard can a simple text colour change be?
Looking at your terapvp.com - I see we have the same issue with the Facebook Block and darker style with the text.
Oh, quick heads up whilst I'm here...you changed to /forum right? From /community?
Just that your Privacy Policy is still pointing to /community and throwing "The requested page could not be found." error...jus' saying and hopefully helping :)

Thx for the tip about the Privacy Policy URL. It is fixed now.

To my understanding the fb text is pulled in such a way that it cannot be changed. We should have the ability to change the appearance of anything on our site. Technically speaking, I don't know how to do it.

Thx for the tip about the Privacy Policy URL. It is fixed now.

To my understanding the fb text is pulled in such a way that it cannot be changed. We should have the ability to change the appearance of anything on our site. Technically speaking, I don't know how to do it.
No worries, hey glad to help :)
Jaxel's FB block is fine, so it must be doable.

Woot! Got it to work.

Please note this adjustment should only be made on Flexile Dark or other similar styles. Also note this is a template edit and may have to be performed again any time XenPorta is updated.

Template: EWRporta_Block_Facebook. Locate the following line:
Code:
<fb:fan width="240" height="216" connections="8" stream="false" logobar="false" css="{$xenOptions.boardUrl}/js/8wayrun/facebook.css?1" profile_id="{$option.facebook_profile}"></fb:fan>

replace the css= portion with the below

css="{$xenOptions.boardUrl}/js/8wayrun/fb-dark1.css?1"

XenPorta_filter.webp

XenPorta's Recent Status Updates is not in synch with the Member's card. The Member's card uses the word censor, but XenPorta apparently is bypassing it.

Woot! Got it to work.

Please note this adjustment should only be made on Flexile Dark or other similar styles. Also note this is a template edit and may have to be performed again any time XenPorta is updated.

Template: EWRporta_Block_Facebook. Locate the following line:
Code:
<fb:fan width="240" height="216" connections="8" stream="false" logobar="false" css="{$xenOptions.boardUrl}/js/8wayrun/facebook.css?1" profile_id="{$option.facebook_profile}"></fb:fan>

replace the css= portion with the below

That's exactly what I've been doing yet mine is now very white. (n)

fb-white.webp

Flexile Dark Style Options are set correctly.

flexile-dark-settings.webp

My "fb-dark1.css" file contains:
Code:
.fan_box .full_widget {
    background: transparent;
    border: 0px;
    color: #EBEBEB;
}

This "color: #EBEBEB;" is what I've added but to no avail :oops:

My server's offline at the mo. running this code localhost, but nevertheless last night on live server it was still the same.
Yes, Facebook was updated with the CSS changes.

Oracle, (thank you in advance) :)
Would you mind posting your fb-dark1.css code so that I can compare please?

My "fb-dark1.css" file contains:
Code:
.fan_box .full_widget {
    background: transparent;
    border: 0px;
    color: #EBEBEB;
}

You need to replace the current css in EWRporta_block_facebook with this line. This template edit is what you are missing, I am certain.

Code:

Currently you are using /facebook.css?1 and it needs to be /fb-dark1.css

Only two possibilities I can think of.

Either you are using a different style? Maybe a child of Flexile Dark that isn't inheriting these template changes. Or somehow the version of your fb-dark1.css that facebook has isn't current.

Try incrementing the version. All you need to do is change the ?1 to ?2. Do not modify your server files.

Hey thanks for looking into this :)

I'm gonna call this a day I reckon until something else breaks :ROFLMAO:

01.webp02.webp03.webp04.webp

But lastly...quite why the text had floated to the left I'll never know - leads me to think Facebook isn't updating the cache.

I am close to the end of my troubleshooting knowledge.

You have covered all the bases. That, and the left shift of the text leads me to ask one last question. Are you certain the files are on your webserver? There is a part of CSS which aligns the text to the center. Since that is not happening on your main style I am wondering if the CSS is reachable at all.

I believe xenOptions.boardUrl pulls from ACP > Board Information > Board URL. I know I am reaching here but I don't see anything else left.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.3.5 CHANGELOG

• Required facebook CSS files have been renamed... delete the old ones in /js/8wayrun/ because they no longer serve a purpose. This change has been made so that your skin can automatically use the correct file depending on the facebook colorscheme of your skin.
  • EventsCalendar block has been fixed in order to deal with a bug that happens only during the "turning" of a month. When dates are clicked, they will no longer link to a weekly view, they will instead popup the single day view. (you wont see this change until the next version of XenAtendo comes out)
  • RecentNews block has been rewritten to minimize the use of preg_matches, which could have sometimes lagged out a server if the posts on your news portal were too long.
  • Thumbnails in RecentNews have been made smaller in order to facilitate space for the new "Tweet/Like" boxes. As well, thumbnails will now link to the thread, instead of the image themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom