• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try the attached EWRporta_Block_RecentNews

when i try to upload there is an error.

Server Error

SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: /tmp/phpMHqMeM:109: parser error : ParsePI: PI php never end ...
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. SimpleXMLElement->__construct()inEWRporta/Model/Modules.phpat line53
  3. EWRporta_Model_Modules->importModule()inEWRporta/ControllerPublic/Portal.phpat line105
  4. EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Portal->actionImport()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line310
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/home/gezinen/public_html/index.phpat line13

I have deleted the old recentnews for this. Now i have no recentnews module :(

when i try to upload there is an error.

Server Error

SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: /tmp/phpMHqMeM:109: parser error : ParsePI: PI php never end ...
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. SimpleXMLElement->__construct()inEWRporta/Model/Modules.phpat line53
  3. EWRporta_Model_Modules->importModule()inEWRporta/ControllerPublic/Portal.phpat line105
  4. EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Portal->actionImport()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line310
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/home/gezinen/public_html/index.phpat line13
I have deleted the old recentnews for this. Now i have no recentnews module :(
Thats a PHP file, not an XML file.

Ok. sory my fault. I was trying to import a php file. :) Now i upload the new php and install the recentnews xml. problem resolved. Thank you Jaxel. :)

I wonder, what is the problem source.

I've tried to accomplish what I want for my homepage with WP and the bridge and css thingee, and it's just not working how I want it to.

Soooooooooooooo... I'm going to give this a try.
Please... be prepared for alot of questions. Trust me, I am the "Question Queen" around here, as you may already know. :rolleyes:

I've tried to accomplish what I want for my homepage with WP and the bridge and css thingee, and it's just not working how I want it to.

Please... be prepared for alot of questions. Trust me, I am the "Question Queen" around here, as you may already know. :rolleyes:

if you need help just message :)

Where's my "Ignore" button? :D

Seriously, ask away...I have it going on two sites. Not ideal yet, but doing a lot of tweaks to customize. (That's what is nice about it--the framework is written in a way that I can customize without seriously breaking anything.) Laying low the next few days, but only due to a paying job that I need to get done in the next couple of days.

I still would prefer Wordpress for my one site, though...there are a lot of widgets I need to use that have no portal equivalent. Still haven't found a suitable WP/XF solution. The one I tried killed my admin control panel.

ok already with a question.

The instructions say to upload the contents to the XenForo root.
My XenForo is in a folder /mvt
I plan to use this as a homepage.

Do I still place it in the /mvt folder?

Also, I want the portal url to be mahoningvalleytalk.com
No /portal.

Is this possible?

You need to move mvt to your root directory and install this as suggested .

Yes that's possible remember we discussed this somewhere else too .

But won't that ruin links and database tables and image paths, etc?
Everything is relative.

From the FAQ: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455
How can I move my installation to a different directory?
Update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information and move the files to the new directory. You may need to restart the server for the change to take effect.

It really is that easy to move your installation.

The only links you will have problems with are external links in to your site and cached Google content.

Ok and how do I accomplish this? Do I copy everything to my desktop, then back to the server root via ftp?

Also, I want the portal url to be mahoningvalleytalk.com
No /portal.

Is this possible?
You basically have two options...

1 - leave your forum at http://mahoningvalleytalk.com/mvt/ (and portal at /mvt/portal/), then simply use a well written htaccess to alias http://mahoningvalleytalk.com/ to /mvt/portal/

2 - move your forum to http://mahoningvalleytalk.com/ (and portal at /portal/), then simply select the "Set as Index Controller" option in your adminCP options for XenPorta.

Everything is relative.

From the FAQ: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455
How can I move my installation to a different directory?
Update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information and move the files to the new directory. You may need to restart the server for the change to take effect.

It really is that easy to move your installation.

The only links you will have problems with are external links in to your site and cached Google content.
Thanks Paul. I read it. Just scared to death that I'm going to screw it up. If anyone could, it would be moi.

So do I copy everything to my desktop via ftp then back to the server?

Thanks Paul. I read it. Just scared to death that I'm going to screw it up. If anyone could, it would be moi.

So do I copy everything to my desktop via ftp then back to the server?
If you are using a windows based FTP program such as SmartFTP or FileZilla... just go into your /mvt/, highlight all your files/folders (except ".."), and then drag and drop them into the ".." folder (which should be at the top of your file list. ".." folder means "one directory up".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom