• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i have this tab already and i set all to allowed, as i wrote before, but i cant enter the modules page ;)
If i click to the tab i just get redirected to the home´s (portal) page.
I have no idea why

Admin Panel Control -> Users -> Permissions -> Edit group Administrative -> Set permissions in [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) area.

Try again.

Salud2

Well i have this tab already and i set all to allowed, as i wrote before, but i cant enter the modules page ;)
If i click to the tab i just get redirected to the home´s (portal) page.
I have no idea why

Make a recording of your desktop, or post some screenshots. We need to SEE what is happening to help further.

Make a recording of your desktop, or post some screenshots. We need to SEE what is happening to help further.

Here is a Screenshot of my User- and Adminrights
Unbenannt.webp
And heres a little Video of my Portal´s Page
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

thx for the above, very helpful.

So you see the Modules link on the sub-navigation bar, but when you select it nothing happens and you remain on the home page. This happens in the default style.

What is the URL of your site? Do you have any URL re-directs or anything else that would interfere with routing?

EDIT: :whistle: I just watched your video again. Turn off AdBlock Plus and try again.

Sometimes when i copy paste an article or get some text through abby fine reader, xenporta crashes. My homepage doesn't open. I have to remove the thread to fix the problem.

Sometimes when i copy paste an article or get some text through abby fine reader, xenporta crashes. My homepage doesn't open. I have to remove the thread to fix the problem.

Need as much detail as possible to help. What modules do you have on your portal? If you have RecentThreads and RecentNews try removing them one at a time. Use the Quick Link so you can get to your Modules page without actually going to the Home page.

First step is determining exactly which module is causing the issue.

Once you have that figured out, try to figure out exactly which thread is causing the issue. Then share the thread here please.

thx for the above, very helpful.

So you see the Modules link on the sub-navigation bar, but when you select it nothing happens and you remain on the home page. This happens in the default style.

What is the URL of your site? Do you have any URL re-directs or anything else that would interfere with routing?

EDIT: :whistle: I just watched your video again. Turn off AdBlock Plus and try again.

My site is www.brainlag.eu
As far as i know there isnt anything.
Before the upgrade of xF and the Portal everything was working well. SO, i have really no idea why this happens

@Oracle
I dont close my Eyes and just post. I did that already and its not working ;)

@Oracle
I dont close my Eyes and just post. I did that already and its not working ;)

Ok. I am not a mind reader. The only information we have is what you share with us.

This issue only affects your site. There is SOMETHING unique on your end. Have you tried using IE? or Chrome?

too long for copy-paste

well that might be a clue!

I don't know what limitations XenPorta has on post-size but character length could be the issue. The default XF installation limits posts to 10k characters. The post you shared has almost 30k.

To determine if that is the issue, perhaps copy the first 10k characters of this thread to a forum which is used by your RecentNews. If your portal is fine, try copying the next 10k characters and adding it to the thread, then the last 10k. This will help determine if character count is the issue or something else within the thread.

Hmm looks like i have more then just that prob. It works in IE but i dont get the default style displayed in IE, but the modules tab is working. I can choose now whats better, just one Style in ie or no modules tab working in FF.....:confused:

Hmm looks like i have more then just that prob. It works in IE but i dont get the default style displayed in IE, but the modules tab is working. I can choose now whats better, just one Style in ie or no modules tab working in FF.....:confused:

For your FF browser, something is blocking the module page. Check to ensure AdBlock Plus is 100% disabled. Check your other add-ons as well. If necessary, disable them in your add-on menu to be sure. I am betting one of them is interfering with the module page.

For IE, what style displays? What style do you have as default for your site? Is the user you logged in with for IE the same as your user id as FF?

Is there anyway to fix this problem? Instead of the left module space being to the left, it is with the center / top modules, as you can see with the attached image.

Attachments

• modules.webp
    modules.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom