• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost all my module_settings using this version of the RecentThreads.php file. I copied this module to other areas of the layout. What changes do I need to make the the RecentThreads.php file in order to make this work?
How did you 'install' this? Its a php file to replace the original, so this needs to replace the original recentThreads.php on the actual web server. IE /www/yoursite/XFInstall/library/EWRporta/Block/

to ddmmh, yes

to anyone, my Twitter updates in the XenPorta twitter block are not current. I have a twitter made 39 minutes ago and it does not show on my site. I lowered the cache time to +30 minutes, still nothing. I then changed the cache time to now, still nothing. How can I get my twitter module in synch with the twitter.com site?

A suggestion to new feature. Add permissions on modules.
I have a module I only want to show to guests and I have several modules I only want to show to my registered and approved members.

Just wondered if you have considered this feature?

to ddmmh, yes

to anyone, my Twitter updates in the XenPorta twitter block are not current. I have a twitter made 39 minutes ago and it does not show on my site. I lowered the cache time to +30 minutes, still nothing. I then changed the cache time to now, still nothing. How can I get my twitter module in synch with the twitter.com site?
The twitter module is an external block. It doesn't actually cache ANY content; the only data that gets cached are your settings (which is why the cache time is defaulted to +1 days). If the data in the block is not getting updated, it is on Twitter's end, not the portal's.

How did you 'install' this? Its a php file to replace the original, so this needs to replace the original recentThreads.php on the actual web server. IE /www/yoursite/XFInstall/library/EWRporta/Block/
I don't have this option when I edit the module:
Code:
<module_settings>
  <recentthreads_limit desc="Recent Thread Limit?" format="">3</recentthreads_limit>
  </module_settings>
I have RecentThreads.php, RecentThreads2.php and RecentThreads3.php. I updated the file with the new one that Jaxel uploaded and that is when I lost the ability to limit the thread.

What do you have to change in the RecentThreads.php to be able to copy the file and use multiple instances of RecentThreads.php?

I have no outdated templates. So im not even sure where to begin trying to revert again. Any templates in particular??

Probably you edited one of your template open the template you can see Revert Template option in bottom area.

I have no outdated templates. So im not even sure where to begin trying to revert again. Any templates in particular??

I believe Jaxel is referring to your EWRMedio templates. Check for any altered templates, save a copy of the current template somewhere, then revert it.

Probably you edited one of your template open the template you can see Revert Template option in bottom area.
I believe Jaxel is referring to your EWRMedio templates. Check for any altered templates, save a copy of the current template somewhere, then revert it.
Thanks guys but thats the question, which template? lol
I dont think its the ewrmedio template because its part of the portal?? I had a look anyway and there isnt an option to revert it, only on the default style which I dont use.

Im waiting for Jaxel to specify a more specific template? cheers

It seems that when I install XenPorta than go to the forum to view the navigation bar, there are two "Home" buttons. One going to the forum, the other going to XenPorta. How can I correct this? I can't seem to find a solution to this issue.

It seems that when I install XenPorta than go to the forum to view the navigation bar, there are two "Home" buttons. One going to the forum, the other going to XenPorta. How can I correct this? I can't seem to find a solution to this issue.

Options > Basic Board information > Home Page URL - leave this area empty & save

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom