• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod needs proper documentation of the options and a changelog on the first post.

Also how do I remove the boards title from the top of the portal page? I asked like a 100 pages ago so I can't find out how to do again?

I second these two points, decent documentation would be pretty handy.

With ref. do removing the board title, I'd also like to remove (or hide rather) the top and bottom breadcrumb from the home page and thereby move the media slider inline with the 'Your Information' box on the top right.

I found this thread on how to remove the breadcrumb from the main forum area, however I only want to hide it on the portal home page, any ideas?

Thanks.

bits to remove.webp

With ref. do removing the board title, I'd also like to remove (or hide rather) the top and bottom breadcrumb from the home page and thereby move the media slider inline with the 'Your Information' box on the top right.

I found this thread on how to remove the breadcrumb from the main forum area, however I only want to hide it on the portal home page, any ideas?

Thanks.

View attachment 21036

To hide the breadcrumbs, just add this to EXTRA.css:

.EWRporta_Portal .breadBoxTop,
.EWRporta_Portal .breadBoxBottom {
display: none;
}

To hide the title you can just edit EWRporta_Portal template and change the line at the top to:
<xen:h1></xen:h1>

---------------------------

I have sort of a similar question, where is the "Home" link being inserted into the breadcrumb? My understanding is that when you remove your homepage link from the xen board options, it removes it from both the main nav AND the breadcrumb, thus with the portal set as the index controller, taking the place of Home, I presume the portal has to force a Home link back into the breadcrumb?

If this is the case, where the heck is it doing this? I'd like to throw my home icon back into the breadcrumb. If anyone knows how this can be accomplished please let me know or point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Edit: Quick last question, is it possible to only share the SIDEBAR between the portal and forum? Setting it as index > portal makes it share more than just the sidebar, I want matching sidebar blocks only. Pretty sure this was possible with pre 1.5, was it removed or am I missing something? Thanks

Has anyone managed to set the portal as their homepage even though their forum is in a directory?

My forums in a folder called /forum - So when the portals set as the homepage, the "Forum" button then redirects to /forum/forum

Portal not work :((( Undefined index: limitlibrary/EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php:7acum o minută

EDIT - reinstall the portal an error dissapear

Thanks.

View attachment 21036

You'll give Jaxel the heebiejeebies if you edit the template LOL!

To hide the title you only need to check the box "Break Out of Content Container" in the settings.

content.webp

Renada :)

EDIT: That also seems to remove the breadcrumbs unless I've changed something else somewhere else. :)

Has anyone managed to set the portal as their homepage even though their forum is in a directory?

My forums in a folder called /forum - So when the portals set as the homepage, the "Forum" button then redirects to /forum/forum
You'll need to move xenforo to your root dir.

Can anyone explain how I can make a simple block? For example say I just want a block to contain some basic HTML?
The template for basic HTML code is
PHP:
<block block_id="PortalTemplate" title="Portal template" version_string="1.0.0" version_id="1" url="http://8wayrun.com/" install_callback_class="" install_callback_method="" uninstall_callback_class="" uninstall_callback_method="" cache="now">
  <admin_templates/>
  <listeners/>
  <options/>
  <phrases/>
  <route_prefixes/>
  <templates>
  <template title="EWRblock_PortalTemplate"><![CDATA[
        <div class="messageText ugc baseHtml">
            <div class="secondaryContent" id="PortalTemplate">

Your code

</div>
        </div>
    ]]></template>
  <template title="EWRblock_PortalTemplate.css"><![CDATA[]]></template>
  </templates>
</block>

Note: names in <block block_id="PortalTemplate", <template title="EWRblock_PortalTemplate">, <div class="secondaryContent" id="PortalTemplate"> and <template title="EWRblock_PortalTemplate.css"> must be the same.

Salud2

Ok! Ive moved my forum into the root directory now, however, when I set this as my index controller - Nothing happens when I click on the "Forums" tab - It just remains on the portal page.

Anyone else had a similar problem or know of any solution?

Plus trying to uninstall this to try again brings up this error:

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /public_html/library/EWRporta/Install.php on line 161

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom