• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The recent update added a new limit to the Recent Threads block. Now you can only choose an age of 28 days or less. While in development we would like to continue displaying threads older than 28 days. Is there a file I can edit to allow for this temporary change? Thanks :)

The 'Max Length of Story' doesn't work for a zero value for me. It just uses whatever the previous value was. Any chance of a zero value removing the story bit?
I've managed to hide it by changing the summary height to 46, but it looks a little squished at the bottom.

your page popped up as a reported attack page for some reason... Google reports this!
Sorry for that. It's fixed now, Google scanned my new site and the malware warning is gone.

So my question again: how can I define a portal layout as admin, which can be seen by normal users?

At this moment, I can only choose between having an empty portal for users, or let users define their own layout (customize privileges). I want them not to have privileges for customizing, but they do have to see the layout I want.

Www.poolwest4.nl

Sorry for that. It's fixed now, Google scanned my new site and the malware warning is gone.

So my question again: how can I define a portal layout as admin, which can be seen by normal users?

At this moment, I can only choose between having an empty portal for users, or let users define their own layout (customize privileges). I want them not to have privileges for customizing, but they do have to see the layout I want.

Www.poolwest4.nl

like jaxel already told you... turn off portal customizations for everyone. everybody will view the same portal

make sure you have modules placed in your portal

For the attachments. Both Node Permissions and Usergroup Permissions have a setting for:

"View attachments to posts"

I assume it'll inherit by default so only one needs to be set but probably is fine to set both.

I probably missed something but in the start page there's no comments on how to upgrade.
How should I do that?
I've just upgraded to 1.0.3 and currently have installed:

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (RSVP) 1.3.5
[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Wiki) 1.3.1
[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media) 1.3.3
[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) 1.3.4

Exactly.
It looks fantastic !
It looks Wordpress-ish, and I like that ! :)

I've always loved those style of dates too :)
View attachment 16692
I was just about to post that! I also like the placement of the social buttons, too. The overall design of the "boxes" are really cool. :)

I also like the design when you post them via posts:

eightwaynews.webp

EDIT: Whoops, mine didn't show the google +1 button. lol. :oops:

Attachments

• eightway.webp
    eightway.webp
    105.2 KB · Views: 27
I didn't have the time to go through all 112 pages, so I'm just asking here: how to make the main (middle) news section to show one or more of the RSS feeds I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom