[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I've run into a small problem that might just be me being blind.
I could swear there used to be an option for the RecentNews block, to disable it taking the first attached image and removing it from the post (and using it in the tiny image block in the top right corner of the article).
I've attached an image to better explain it:
example1.webp
The small image in the top right, I don't want that, I can perfectly fine remove it in the template, but that still doesn't put the image back that it removed.
Here is the full article view, where you can see the image that it removed:
example2.webp

Anyone know how I can prevent it from messing with the article content? I can't find any option for it (even though I could swear I've seen one in the past)

Jaxel (or anyone), I know there's a feature in the latest XenPorta to sticky/bump threads in the RecentNews block, however I'm wondering if I can do the same thing for the RecentThreads block?
We use the RecentThreads block almost exclusively for our XenPorta home page on our site ... and when I sticky items, they still work their way down the RecentThreads priority, once they start aging.
Obviously i'm trying to do this without having to manually 'bump' the threads.
Any thoughts?

I've run into a small problem that might just be me being blind.
I could swear there used to be an option for the RecentNews block, to disable it taking the first attached image and removing it from the post (and using it in the tiny image block in the top right corner of the article).
I've attached an image to better explain it:
View attachment 40739
The small image in the top right, I don't want that, I can perfectly fine remove it in the template, but that still doesn't put the image back that it removed.
Here is the full article view, where you can see the image that it removed:
View attachment 40740

Anyone know how I can prevent it from messing with the article content? I can't find any option for it (even though I could swear I've seen one in the past)
Do you mean setting it to the poster's avatar always, never the attachment?

Jaxel (or anyone), I know there's a feature in the latest XenPorta to sticky/bump threads in the RecentNews block, however I'm wondering if I can do the same thing for the RecentThreads block?
We use the RecentThreads block almost exclusively for our XenPorta home page on our site ... and when I sticky items, they still work their way down the RecentThreads priority, once they start aging.
Obviously i'm trying to do this without having to manually 'bump' the threads.
Any thoughts?

I too would love to have the ability to keep certain post at the top on recent threads blocks.

Hi all, I am trying to set up a seperate layout for a "news" page. I've done some reading and it seems you can do this by leaving the layout type set to nothing, and then just input "news" into the ID box. However in doing this, I cannot actually access the page. I have tried both www.hackslashrepeat.com/index.php?portal/news/ and www.hackslashrepeat.com/portal/news/index. Neither work!

Any suggestions?

Also, a stupid question but what exactly is an "article"? What are "articles"?
Any ideas?

no the issue im having is when i post a picture in a thread the first picture becomes my profile picture and i don't want this to happen

i uploaded a pic here on the right i would like to have it as my avatar not a attachment also jw if there is a way to remove the big date on the left

thanks!

Attachments

• help.webp
    help.webp
    75.8 KB · Views: 15
Bug Report:
Image thumbnails displayed in the article summary on the portal home, doesn't use the popup-overlay correctly, the author is not available nor is the other images in the article.
Screenshot to show what I mean:
example3.webp
(there are 3 images in total which should display below the image)

It's fine,

I need to create custom layout.. I'm not sure how... Anyone ?
See attachment:

8.webp

If you just want to customize a category or node, set the node ID or the category ID (artículo = article; Disposición(es) = layout(s); Personalizar = Customize).

Salud2

no the issue im having is when i post a picture in a thread the first picture becomes my profile picture and i don't want this to happen

i uploaded a pic here on the right i would like to have it as my avatar not a attachment also jw if there is a way to remove the big date on the left

thanks!
That's what this will do. Commenting out those lines will force the portal to always use your avatar, never the first attachment. I've done this with the latest version of RecentNews.php with no issues.

Ok... anyone with a clue on how to fix a caching issue that simply doesn't want to correct itself with the recent news block?

I've had nothing but trouble with this block. Finally got it working without throwing a DB error when saving it, but the problem is that promoted items won't show on the homepage to anyone other than my super admin account. I don't have any of the usergroups selected... na da... turned the cache off, etc etc... still not showing to guests, members, etc.

You can see what I mean, the site is: http://www.mytennisforum.com/

Screen Shot 2013-02-28 at 8.28.13 PM.webp

Top Bottom