[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
hi , thanks for the portal! but my slider dosent work , i have created a news forum for my article , recentnews show the article , in my article i have upload image slide.jpg but nothing show thanks

sorry im french ^^

Yep.. also got this error.. Exact same way to reproduce -> edit the recent news, and remove the push date thingy, and it will generate this error (even when you re-enable it)

I have had a crazy time with this error today. Then got similar with the featured slider. Fixed both by re-installing the blocks but, I'd really like to deselect the push date option, so my mobile/portrait can show the whole date.

Any ideas?

hi , thanks for the portal! but my slider dosent work , i have created a news forum for my article , recentnews show the article , in my article i have upload image slide.jpg but nothing show thanks

sorry im french ^^

Are you using RecentFeatures block? I was trying accordion first..

No, I don't think so, I believe it only works properly on Xenforo 1.2.

You will have to install XenPorta 1.5.8a (May 6) from the Version History tab.
I use XenPorta 1.5.8a
But Set XenPorta as Index Controller
It didn't work.
1bw7.png

When i run url http://domain.com/family
o9gd.png

I have had a crazy time with this error today. Then got similar with the featured slider. Fixed both by re-installing the blocks but, I'd really like to deselect the push date option, so my mobile/portrait can show the whole date.

Any ideas?
What;s the feature slider a add-on? Also I understand how to un-install the blocks but then where is the file for the default blocks?

What;s the feature slider a add-on? Also I understand how to un-install the blocks but then where is the file for the default blocks?

Yes it's called RecentFeatures and it puts a carousel that you can configure in place, that rotates images/links to articles that have an attachment with a filename you specify. So, for example, all news articles with an attachmentn called "slide.jpg" get put in it (well last few) and rotate. It's quite nice. :)

Ex: top of this page: http://8wayrun.com/

To reinstall the blocks.. the XML for them are all built in the the directory structure you uploaded in a couple different places. Some are in \library\xml and some are in \library\block\xml

You can either reference them from the location on your server, or just upload them from what you originally downloaded to your computer. Let me know if you need help..

So if anyone can point me in right direction and I feel dumb asking this but, on the portal I have:

-RecentFeatures slider
-RecentNews under that

A few blocks in side column. Everything looks great accept the RecentFeatures text, both title and snippet, are fuzzy. So is the article title and date for each RecentNews article.

They are not crisp like seen on 8wayrun.com. I'll keep looking around of course but if anyone in the meantime knows off hand, please let me know. :)

Edit: Fixed with text-shadow: none; in blurry classes.

Last edited:
Can you help me?
Xenportal version 1.5.8a. It has this error

EDIT: I'll leave the below, but now I'm not sure I understood your intent correctly. What I describe below made my index page redirect to portal/ which is what I want my "home" to be.

=============

I actually did this a different way. I left that alone, but changed it in admincp -> options -> basic board infomation -> Index Page Route

I just put: portal/ in there and it worked.

Hope this helps.

I don't even have that option in my xenporta options, we're on different versions. Still, perhaps this will work for you or help point in right direction

Last edited:
I'm really hoping to see an update on this, I keep getting php/sql errors when clicking options in recent news and slider and I have to uninstall/reinstall the blocks to fix (a couple times). :( Otherwise I love this.

Anyone know if there is a way to do the following:

- On layout, optionally have 3 columns in the content
- Pull off little one liner 'recent treads' 1 unit blocks that could pull from a forum?

To achieve what you down the seond half of CNN.com, or foxnews.com.

Ultimately I'd like:

=========Featured Slider=========
=========Featured News=========

topic1module topic2module topic3module
title 1 .............. title 2 .............. title 3

..am I gettin' to wishful? Could anyone point me in a right direction? :)

I tried to add a block with the html_block xml on xenporta 1.5.9 and nothing showed up on the front page. I haven't had this issue before. I then updated xenporta to latest 1.6.0 and noticed the RawHyperText xml files, but I don't know where to enter the html. I tried simply adding this block without modifications and it didn't recognize it as a block.
I don't know why it's so difficult to modify or add a block. There needs to be a detailed updated guide/tutorial on this.

I just did a fresh install of xenforo and readded Xenporta. I just realized that on 1.6, there is no option to Index the portal? How do we accomplish this?

Try this: admincp -> options -> basic board infomation -> Index Page Route

I just put: portal/ in there and it worked.

Hey,

I have a problem with avatars and xenporta.

I modified the code for getting the default avatar. It now gets the username from an custom field and puts it into an URL. It works perfectly fine, but not with xenporta. I think it just cant get the username from the custom_field, because its blank in the URL.

This is the Code I use in "/htdocs/freecraft.eu/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php"

Code:
  protected static function _getDefaultAvatarUrl(array $user, $size)
   {
     $customFields = unserialize($user['custom_fields']);
     $name = $customFields['minecraft_name'];
     return 'http://cravatar.eu/helmavatar/' . $name . '/' . XenForo_Model_Avatar::getSizeFromCode($size) . '.png';
      }
Here is a screenshot to explain:
Bild_2211201333.png

So the Question is, why can't Xenporta get the custom_fields made by xenforo? How should I do this?

Thanks for your help. :)

Good evenening,

the RecentNews Block seems to remove the first image in a post from the message.
I edited the template that the Avatar for the news article is always the user avatar.
But I cannot get it to work showing all images in a message.

Greetings,
Zelnehlun

Top Bottom