[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
The links in my RecentNews block are not appearing the same as when viewed in the forum/thread that the RecentNews block is pulling from. Links in my forums/threads are underlined when not hovered and highlighted when hovered.

Does anyone have any advice to get the links in the block to match up with the links in the forums/threads?

Thanks!

There is no space for the html code.
Yes it does. In the ACP click on Home > XenPorta Blocks. In the list of blocks, click on the RawHyperText2 block that you are using and that's where you can enter both HTML and CSS.

Does anyone have the issue with the "RecentTopics" block not showing the avatars of the last poster in the portal?
Yes I have that problem and that is why I came here! All the last posers have default xenforo avatars :/
Avatars for the last poster are from the Last Post Avatar add-on by Waindigo. You'll have to ask for it to support XenPorta in the discussion thread for that add-on.

Getting this error after enabling and then disabling the caching of the RecentNews articles:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ? ) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = '' at line 11 in /home/mysite/public/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  6. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  7. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  8. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
  11. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mysite/public/index.php at line 13

Edit: Uninstalling the RecentNews block and reinstalling just that block fixes the issue. Manual edits can be done to the XML file, and reinstalled and it works fine. The error only happens when settings are changed for that block via the Admin Options menu.

Last edited:
I'm getting this error in my RecentNews: ErrorException: Undefined index: sticky - library/EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php:17

I've read that to fix this, it is suggested to make some changes in the Recent News block. Can someone point me in the right direction for what those changes should be. I'm drawing a blank.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi All,

Does anybody know where I can find/how I can add this top stories slider to my XenPorta home page? I added a picture below for reference.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks All,
- Matt

Hi All,

Does anybody know where I can find/how I can add this top stories slider to my XenPorta home page? I added a picture below for reference.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks All,
- Matt
That's the RecentFeatures block which is already included. You just need to install the block in XenPorta Blocks options in the ACP using the XML file in library/EWRporta/Block/XML/

Anyone know how to make the twitter feed a bigger width? It doesn't take up the entire box & I can't seem to find it.

4SnwO.jpg

Hey @Jaxel is this going to be getting a rewrite? If not any time soon I'll have to look elsewhere. I'd be interested in holding out though if you were still planning to do so.

XenPorta actually has an Adsense block you can install:

library/EWRporta/XML_Addons/AdSense.xml

I don't have the "XML_Addons" folder on my server. (I have an "XML" folder but doesn't include an adsense.xml)

My xenporta layout works great but I only have the very basic preinstalled blocks. Searched everywhere but out of ideas. Am I just missing something here?

Edit: Ok my bad, just found the files. They were located in library/EWRporta/Block/XML/

Last edited:
Top Bottom