[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Ok looks like the iphone issue was caused by using the outdated featurenews. uninstalled it and it looks fine now.

I still can't drag blocks around in layouts though...

Just wondering, when uploading "slide.jpg" for the RecentFeatures, I don't really need that image on my actual thread. Is it possible to hide it completely from the thread including "attached files" ?

To restore the original users online block(with staff), can the block template be replaced with the default xenforo online users template?

Curious if anyone has had any trouble with the RecentThreadsx5 block? No rush to get it working but new install of 1.2 and Xenporta 1.5.9. The first tab works correctly but subsequent tabs just load the forum list. Doesn't seem to matter what forums are selected etc.

EDIT - It actually loads the core of whatever the index page is. When I removed the homepage URL and put the portal as the main page now it loads the portal inside the other tabs. Stock and custom theme, no other addons for the record.

Last edited:
Curious if anyone has had any trouble with the RecentThreadsx5 block? No rush to get it working but new install of 1.2 and Xenporta 1.5.9. The first tab works correctly but subsequent tabs just load the forum list. Doesn't seem to matter what forums are selected etc.

EDIT - It actually loads the core of whatever the index page is. When I removed the homepage URL and put the portal as the main page now it loads the portal inside the other tabs. Stock and custom theme, no other addons for the record.
It's working correctly for me...

Thats not good then lol. Clean minimal install and not working but all the dirty sites have no trouble. Uninstalled and reinstalled the block. Choosing different forums for different tabs has no effect. They all load the same threads and then when I click on a tab a second time it does what it was doing back when I first customized it.

Tried pulling all the other blocks off etc. No difference.

EDIT - Alright I will have to take tomorrow evening to sort through all this but in the mean time here is a video of what I was experiencing:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I tried to do cache rebuilds etc kept erroring out and when i went to uninstall the add on it threw an error as well. Seems to be uninstalled but who knows. Might be a larger problem in play so I will wipe the test site.

With Xenporta installed I was getting this when I tried to run a cache rebuild in Xenforo:
ErrorException: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given - library/EWRporta/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php:35
Uninstall gave:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'tbgclanweb_xenforo.EWRporta_options' doesn't exist - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

Afterwards cache rebuilds were working fine. Reinstall Xenporta cache rebuilds working fine. Install the block. Everything is fine except the block behavior has not changed.

EDIT 2 - Clean install of Xenforo, Installed Xenporta, created a couple test forums and 2 test threads. Installed and configured the Recent Threads x5 block. Previous behaviour still there. Clicking on tabs causes the index page to load within the block. Changing the index to the portal displays the behavior previously observed in the video. Each tab lists whatever the first is set to and then subsequent clicks load the page in the block.

Last edited:
is it me or why there is no set as index controller on options panel? i can't seems to change the portal as my homepage...

I am trying to install http://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.90/

on my site correctly. I have it all installed correctly.

But how do I set it to show my News I post in a certain section of my forums on my domain? Like my forums is at mydomain.com/forums

I have a News Section on my forums. I want all of my news threads I post to be shows on my homepage at joinsng.com

So basically my xenporta is setup the way I want.. but its at mydomain.com/portal
I want it at mydomain.com

How can I do this?

Last edited:
is it me or why there is no set as index controller on options panel? i can't seems to change the portal as my homepage...
It's you;)... you no longer do it in xenPorta.
Go into your ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information and change the Index Page Route to portal/.

Top Bottom