[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
It appears that jQuery 1.10 has outright removed several of the features used in the RecentFeatures slider and that is messing with a lot of people's websites. (XF1.2 is using the newest version of jQuery)

I am currently writing a new slider block... You can see the beta here: http://8wayrun.com/

Will 1.5.9 work on 1.1.5? Just wandering because I thought I might update it, but wasn't sure If I should.

Also, with that slider, how does it work on fluid styles?

It appears that jQuery 1.10 has outright removed several of the features used in the RecentFeatures slider and that is messing with a lot of people's websites. (XF1.2 is using the newest version of jQuery)

I am currently writing a new slider block... You can see the beta here: http://8wayrun.com/
Nice! Definitely willing to test that out:)

Will 1.5.9 work on 1.1.5? Just wandering because I thought I might update it, but wasn't sure If I should.

Also, with that slider, how does it work on fluid styles?
Its responsive, you can try it on my site.

Looks nice. The only issue I think with it is that we'll always have to use wider/bigger images so that the top slider looks nice.

Will the new slide have the option to display the post title and snippet on the left (as it's now?).

(y) for the responsive layout!

PS: Do you plan to introduce more styles for the slider? I could never get the accordion to work on my setup.

Looks nice. The only issue I think with it is that we'll always have to use wider/bigger images so that the top slider looks nice.

Will the new slide have the option to display the post title and snippet on the left (as it's now?).

(y) for the responsive layout!

PS: Do you plan to introduce more styles for the slider? I could never get the accordion to work on my setup.
The elements in the slider are completely controlled with CSS... you can very easily move it to the left if you wished.

And when I say easy... I mean it... just adding this to EXTRA.css would do it.
Code:
#recentFeatures .recentFeatures ul li .summary { top: 0px; width: 180px; }
#recentFeatures .recentFeatures ul li .summary .title { white-space: normal; }
#recentFeatures .recentFeatures ul li .summary .excerpt { white-space: normal; padding-top: 15px; text-align: justify; }

Last edited:
RecentThreads needs to be in Position: Top-Right or at least somewhere in the Portal Layout. You've got it in the Disabled Blocks section, so clearly you won't be able to promote any posts with it there.
]
I have tried everything.. Nothing :(

It could be the style that I'm using a CSS code to optimize the appearance from mobile phones what is it?

2013-08-03 10_55_31-Layout_ PORTAL _ Admin CP - my2cv.gr - The story of a legend.webp

The story of a legend.webp

I'm using also the default xenforo 1.2 but no luck.
Are you sure you've checked group permissions? To promote posts you need to have "Can Promote Threads" set to Allow. Also make sure you don't have "Can Promote Threads" set to Never for any of your groups as Never always overrides an Allow.

For admins is set to Allow
View attachment 53081

For other groups is set to either Never or Not set

View attachment 53082
You should be using Not Set rather than Never. There are only a few circumstances that Never should be used in. If you are in multiple groups and one of your groups has the Never permission set, it will override the Allow permission you have set in another group.

I'd also suggest you don't have the Customise Portal option set - this is for Front Page customisation of the Portal and I had problems with it previously. If you have customised the Portal via the front page, go there and click on Revert All, then save changes. Then customise the Portal from the ACP.

it runs ok for me using the featured slider if I uncheck the "article" layout. hopefully the new version of the slider will be out soon.
RecentSlider is deprecated, you should be using RecentFeatures which is the replacement for this.

Top Bottom