• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8WayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal & Lite Wiki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome :)

Would it be possible in any way so that we could chose 2 forums instead of 1 as the news source?
Yes this would be really really nice :)

Perhaps it is possible not only to choose two but as many as yout need ;) that woul be really really great!

... Then just setup your htaccess so that yourwebsite.com/ forwards to yourwebsite.com/xf/portal/

Done... easy.

Well it would be if you're not a nub like me, any chance you could give an example of how it could be forwarded to:

yourwebsite.com/index.php?portal

Well it would be if you're not a nub like me, any chance you could give an example of how it could be forwarded to:

yourwebsite.com/index.php?portal
yoursite.com/admin.php?options/list/basicBoard

in the field; Home Page URL
enter the portal url.

Sorry Mikey, just to confirm, is that in the admin panel or .htaccess file?
Admin panel :)

1w

Install and pointed home page to the portal. This is what I want and need. Thanks for the great job again.

The remaining is how to configure the portal? It display the first node has content. How to control what to display in the portal?

You should keep a changelog matey, and a version number and so on;)

You can't keep doing it this way :D
Was there an update recently? Like the last few days? I agree that it's difficult to tell and should probably be posted in the op if so. But as it stands now in the op, it's easy to conclude that no update has been done for a few days.

Was there an update recently? Like the last few days? I agree that it's difficult to tell and should probably be posted in the op if so. But as it stands now in the op, it's easy to conclude that no update has been done for a few days.
Yes there was ;)

Yes there was ;)
...it's the exact same file size that it was going into the weekend though. If there was indeed an update, then this is perhaps the first time I've ever seen any updated have the identical (to the byte) file size(s). The fact that they are identical, is what led me to believe that there had not been an update.

New version is out...

I think I've done as much as I can really do with this mod with the current XenForo plugin system. As I said before, I wont do any mods that require manual file or template edits. And I want to keep this mod from getting bloated. Most people don't need full blown wikis; they just need a basic CMS, with some wiki features.

Today, I will begin work on my Media Library mod for XenForo.

I'm not sure how difficult this is but would it be possible rather than use the user avatar as the image, to use an image depending on the thread prefix?

What we'd like to do is use one forum as a "news" forum with different prefixes for different categories of news and have a specific image appear depending on which prefix category the thread has.

New version is out...

I think I've done as much as I can really do with this mod with the current XenForo plugin system. As I said before, I wont do any mods that require manual file or template edits. And I want to keep this mod from getting bloated. Most people don't need full blown wikis; they just need a basic CMS, with some wiki features.

Today, I will begin work on my Media Library mod for XenForo.

thank you very much so far so good. Good job on this mod sorry i can't click on nominate !!! ;)

Jaxel...
What a fantastic effort on your part. I just dived into this mod as I was trying to absorb xF before I started diving into new things.
The mini CMS is perfect as is the News Forum... I am considering using the "Wiki" area to rebuild my custom pages from vBAdvanced (and VB4 CMS).
However, some of the pages I use contain php. Rather than doing an "iFrame", would one be able to "include" a php file on the custom pages?

Edit...
Trying to build my pages which contain javascript calls.
The HTML/BB Code options alter the url with tags. Is there anyway to work around this? No problem if no... Just looking at the possibilities.

Trying to build my pages which contain javascript calls.
The HTML/BB Code options alter the url with tags. Is there anyway to work around this? No problem if no... Just looking at the possibilities.
I fixed this for the next version. I had the autoLinkBbCode function running when the page was saved, instead of when the page was getting rendered. So it was ignoring the html/bbcode option and just parsing URLs automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom