• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Module Add-Ons)

If you using Xenforo to upload images it will be ok. If you embed images in to post then you are embedding an attached images.

is it possible to make it work like it should also pull out those images which are not attached within our own forum but hosted somewhere else and embedded using bbcode.

Big addition to the module XML construct coming in 1.4.4!

Right now, there is a field called "module_template"; and anything in that CDATA will be placed in a template of the appropriate name. In the next version, there will also be an optional field called "module_stylesheet". Anything placed in this field's CDATA will be placed in a CSS template of the appropriate name.

Example:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<module>
  <module_name>EventsUpcoming</module_name>
  <module_cache>+1 hours</module_cache>
  <module_settings>
    <range desc="Events Range" format="number" options="min=1|max=48">1</range>
    <format desc="Range Format" format="dropdown" options="hours=Hours|days=Days|weeks=Weeks|months=Months">days</format>
    <stream desc="Show Streams Only" format="check" options="">1</stream>
    <venue desc="Show Event Venues" format="check" options="">0</venue>
  </module_settings>
  <module_template><![CDATA[<xen:if is="{$EventsUpcoming}">
    <xen:require css="EWRatendo.css" />
    <xen:require css="EWRporta_Block_EventsUpcoming.css" />
    <xen:if is="{$option.showStream}"><xen:require js="js/8wayrun/EWRatendo_ajax.js" /></xen:if>

<div class="section eventList" id="eventsUpcoming">
        <div class="secondaryContent" >
            <h3>{xen:phrase upcoming_events}</h3>

<ul style="margin-top: -10px;">
                <xen:foreach loop="$EventsUpcoming" value="$event">
                    <xen:include template="EWRatendo_Bit" />
                </xen:foreach>
            </ul>
        </div>
    </div>
</xen:if>]]></module_template>
  <module_stylesheet><![CDATA[#eventsUpcoming li .secondaryContent
{
    border: 0px;
    border-radius: 0px;
    box-shadow: none !important;
    font-size: 13px;

{xen:property secondaryContent}

padding: 0px;
}]]></module_stylesheet>
</module>

Clearly, the purpose of this addition is so that you can include custom stylesheets with your mods.

How do you copy a module?

Tried renaming the RecentThreads.XML to RecentThreadsTest.XML and also changed the module name to RecentThreadsTest in the XML file, although it imports ok it brings up and error when trying to view on the homepage.. I guess im missing something

How do you copy a module?

Tried renaming the RecentThreads.XML to RecentThreadsTest.XML and also changed the module name to RecentThreadsTest in the XML file, although it imports ok it brings up and error when trying to view on the homepage.. I guess im missing something

maybe you need to make sure you do not duplicate the SAME threads that the RecentThreads module has assigned. just a thought, interesting to know . ??

Big addition to the module XML construct coming in 1.4.4!

Right now, there is a field called "module_template"; and anything in that CDATA will be placed in a template of the appropriate name. In the next version, there will also be an optional field called "module_stylesheet". Anything placed in this field's CDATA will be placed in a CSS template of the appropriate name.

Clearly, the purpose of this addition is so that you can include custom stylesheets with your mods.

very interesting Jaxel.. wonders never cease. (y)

Now, I am no expert at PHP, or XML, and in all honesty I am baffled on how to get a small amount of PHP into a module. Being the 'bull in a china shop' I simply stuck the PHP in the XML and was hoping something would parse it, obviously not. I'm hoping for some kinda direction, as to how I can get this working.

This is the PHP, and all HTML is echoed...
PHP:
<?php
$con = mysql_connect("localhost","lyndcouk_eyrg2","5Mzxv51z3");
if (!$con)
  {
  die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
  }

mysql_select_db("lyndcouk_eyrgstat", $con);

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `LastHeard` ORDER BY `LastHeard`.`ReportTime` DESC LIMIT 0, 5 ");

echo "<table width='300' border='1'>
  <tr>
    <th scope='col'>Callsign</th>
    <th scope='col'>Heard at</th>
  </tr>";

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
  echo "<tr>";
    echo "<td><a href='http://www.qrz.com/callsign?callsign=".$row['StationCall']."'>" .$row['StationCall'] . "</a></td>";
    echo "<td>" .$row['ReportTime'] . "</td>";
  echo "</tr>";
}
echo "</table>";

mysql_close($con)
?>

A fair model for funding XenPorta would be to make it robust, make it extendible, make it the "vBadvanced of Xenforo" (in popularity) and then charge a small yearly support fee ($20/year), with the promise of keeping XenPorta up to date with the Xenforo Core and other POPULAR xenforo addons.

Obviously making it easy to make XenPorta addons would be a wise move for XenPorta.

If you using Xenforo to upload images it will be ok. If you embed images in to post then you are embedding an attached images.

I like this addon module .. rather than display random thumbnails, I would like to identify desired thumbnails via a thread moderation to designate them for display. FEATURED THUMBNAILS with link back to originating thread.
~peace

EDIT - Thread selection capabilities would also go a long way for this addon

Specifically, RandomImages addon

Top Bottom