• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media) v1.3.6 CHANGELOG
A lot of listeners and classes have changed in this version. You do NOT need to uninstall the previous version, however you should delete all the previous versions' files from your server before you upload these new files.
  • Slugging Keyword JavaScript will now properly slug foreign languages to English.
  • Deletion prompts throughout XenMedio have conformed to match XenForo's prompts.
  • Administration tools have been added to their own drop-down menu.
  • Administrators can now "alter" media to change it's service and values manually.
  • CAPTCHA support has been added for forums that allow non-registered users to submit.
  • Search index will now be properly updated on submit/edit/delete of media.
  • Username columns have been normalized so they are updated when usernames change.
  • Support for YouTube's shortcodes have been added.
  • Support has been added for hosters that require additional queries in embed codes.
  • Bug with MarkForumsRead and XenForo 1.1 has been fixed.
DONATE: http://8wayrun.com/xenforo/

Will it not just write over the old versions?

Will this effect the current videos I have in the library?

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media) v1.3.6 CHANGELOG
A lot of listeners and classes have changed in this version. You do NOT need to uninstall the previous version, however you should delete all the previous versions' files from your server before you upload these new files.
  • Slugging Keyword JavaScript will now properly slug foreign languages to English.
  • Deletion prompts throughout XenMedio have conformed to match XenForo's prompts.
  • Administration tools have been added to their own drop-down menu.
  • Administrators can now "alter" media to change it's service and values manually.
  • CAPTCHA support has been added for forums that allow non-registered users to submit.
  • Search index will now be properly updated on submit/edit/delete of media.
  • Username columns have been normalized so they are updated when usernames change.
  • Support for YouTube's shortcodes have been added.
  • Support has been added for hosters that require additional queries in embed codes.
  • Bug with MarkForumsRead and XenForo 1.1 has been fixed.
DONATE: http://8wayrun.com/xenforo/

What are youtube shortcodes?? I googled it but could only find things related to WP

Hmm... seems like they changed a lot more to the MarkForumsRead function in 1.1 than I thought... it now looks like it uses the viewingUser... which makes things easier... I uploaded the file fix to the package.
Works now, thank you

I had the same issue (with the thumbnails being too large for my forum). Added it to extra.css as suggested, didn't work. Changed the actual template and it works. Dunno.

I too no longer have the Administration Tools - can anyone shed light on where to look please?

Thanks,
Renada :)
I havent installed this update yet but if its like the portal then it should be in your XF admin CP. Also check your group/user to make sure there are no extra permissions that need to be enabled

I havent installed this update yet but if its like the portal then it should be in your XF admin CP. Also check your group/user to make sure there are no extra permissions that need to be enabled

Hi :)

I've checked all permissions, searched all over the ACP and can't find anywhere to administrate the videos/categories etc. The only options in the ACP are the same as previous versions. Will try deleting all the files again and reimport it to see if that fixes it.

Looks like a template issue if you dont have friendly urls enabled...

In the template: EWRmedio_Navtabs, find:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$perms.admin} && {$route} == 'media'">
Replace with:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$perms.admin} && ({$route} == 'media' || {$route} == 'index.php?media')">

Looks like a template issue if you dont have friendly urls enabled...

In the template: EWRmedio_Navtabs, find:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$perms.admin} && {$route} == 'media'">
Replace with:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$perms.admin} && ({$route} == 'media' || {$route} == 'index.php?media')">

Sorry, that doesn't appear to fix it. I also tried enabling friendly urls before I edited the template and it still didn't give me administrative controls.

Then you dont have your permissions set correctly.

I don't see where they're not set. It was fine before I upgraded to this version, and I can edit/create categories if I add this to the URL - /media/category/create - the actual link just doesn't show up anywhere. Should it be on the main page where it always was? Somewhere in the ACP?

Here are screenshots of my permissions:

My User Settings:
media-user-settings.webp
Administrator Settings:

media-admin.webp

Admin Permissions:
media-admin2.webp

What else do I need to do?

after downloading the 1.5 file again, ftping and updating i dont have this issue any more.
try to download the actual files, i think jaxel had changed them in the meantime.
hope that helps

{$route} gives me 'forum' as out put, what is my forum dir so it can't work with medio or what ever you put there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom