[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki)

[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) 1.3.9a

No permission to download
It works for me....in two different setups.......try again.

EXTRA.CSS

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.members,
.navTabs .navTab.help,
.navTabs .navTab.wiki
{
    display: none;
}

Note that mine also removes the member and help tab.

This is from the droneflyers.com/talk site, but I previously tried it on hearth.com also...

It works for me....in two different setups.......try again.

EXTRA.CSS

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.members,
.navTabs .navTab.help,
.navTabs .navTab.wiki
{
    display: none;
}

Note that mine also removes the member and help tab.

This is from the droneflyers.com/talk site, but I previously tried it on hearth.com also...
The tab is hidden but after 1 or 2 seconds it's displayed again. The same for the members and help tabs.

I plan on using this free version to try things out and experiment with it, and perhaps start on creating some pages.

I have a question, though: Does anyone know if I could use this free version first, THEN use the paid version in an "update" sort of fashion? So that all my data that I create on the free version can be saved?

Does anyone know how to move this to my root directory? I'm not sure if this is intentional or a bug, but it currently has my wiki inside of my /forums directory.

Is anyone else having issues with the CODE bbcode tag?

If I edit an article and add a code block to a wiki page, either through the editor button or just inserting the tags by hand, it's fine after the initial save and display. But on subsequent page loads, the CSS for bb_code is not loaded, and it loses all formatting for code chunk.

EDIT - just found that this is related to caching. If I disable page caching by setting it to "now", the formatting is fine. It's only if I enable page caching that the CSS doesn't get loaded. I think that gives me enough of a clue to start debugging this one.

-- hugh

Is anyone else having issues with the CODE bbcode tag?

If I edit an article and add a code block to a wiki page, either through the editor button or just inserting the tags by hand, it's fine after the initial save and display. But on subsequent page loads, the CSS for bb_code is not loaded, and it loses all formatting for code chunk.

EDIT - just found that this is related to caching. If I disable page caching by setting it to "now", the formatting is fine. It's only if I enable page caching that the CSS doesn't get loaded. I think that gives me enough of a clue to start debugging this one.

-- hugh
I've noticed this problem too! I created a Syntax Page as a guide for my wiki editors to understand how to use the custom templates I developed. It extensively uses the CODE tag to expose the syntax, but also renders incorrectly as you noted above.

Let us know if you figure out a solution!

Try turning off page caching, by setting the cache time to "now".

Not the best solution, but works for me, as my wiki isn't real busy so there's no big hit rebuilding the page on every load.

I'll carry on trying to work out why this happens, but so far no luck.

-- hugh

Is there any way to:

1) Categorize Pages.
2) Create tables or lists in a more traditional wiki fashion, instead of making an elaborate template, fill in every cell, and then never being able to really add to it since so many pages are already using it as is.

Someone Please Help! I dont know why i am so confused with this Xencarta, but i can not seem to access the page, this comes up "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." and i do not know how to "change" the permissions or whatever.

Thanks so much for answering my stupid question.

Someone Please Help! I dont know why i am so confused with this Xencarta, but i can not seem to access the page, this comes up "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." and i do not know how to "change" the permissions or whatever.

Thanks so much for answering my stupid question.
Have you set permissions appropriately for the users/usergroups in question?

Can pages be sorted by certain categories? Anyone mine explaining the "parent node" part to me?
You can't really "sort" the pages in an order of your choosing, but you can "organise" them by defining their parent node.

You should already be familiar with the concept of a "parent node" -- nodes are the foundation of xenForo's structure. Your forums, categories, sub-forums, pages, etc, are all nodes within a tree-like structure. If you have a category called A, under which you've defined forums, X and Y, then the "parent node" for both X and Y, is A.

Code:
A (category)
|_ X (forum)
|_ Y (forum)

So, when you create a page in XenCarta, you can specify it's parent node to build a similar tree-like structure. This structure is then used within the pages index, as well as the navigation side block, and helps present your content to your end users in an organised manner.

Just note that the order in which the children pages are sorted underneath the parent node is alphabetically by page title.

I know :s This is a very stupid question, and i am new, i do not know how to set that, can you please help me out of the kindness of your heart :)
How do you not know how to manage permissions if you're administering a xenForo forum?

Go to your Admin Control Panel (ACP) > Users > User Group Permissions > Registered, and scroll down until you see:

upload_2013-10-10_10-29-46.webp

You'll notice that by default, all Registered users have no permissions at all. Simply "Allow" the specific permissions you want for your Registered users. Repeat the same for other User Groups.

How do you not know how to manage permissions if you're administering a xenForo forum?

Go to your Admin Control Panel (ACP) > Users > User Group Permissions > Registered, and scroll down until you see:

View attachment 58647

You'll notice that by default, all Registered users have no permissions at all. Simply "Allow" the specific permissions you want for your Registered users. Repeat the same for other User Groups.
I lOVE YOU, I dont know why i didnt understand that, i have used that permissions menu 10 times, so sorry for the inconvenience, but thanks sooo much!

Is there any way to:

1) Categorize Pages.

Not currently, no. The best you can do is organise your content by specifying appropriate parent nodes. See my previous reply for more info.

2) Create tables or lists in a more traditional wiki fashion, instead of making an elaborate template, fill in every cell, and then never being able to really add to it since so many pages are already using it as is.

Until we get true WYSIWYG table editing, then you can't escape using some kind of syntax or markup to create tables, so I'm not sure what you mean by a "more traditional wiki fashion"?

In case you don't fully understand how flexible (and powerful) templates can be, a "flexible" approach for a basic table would be to create three templates as follows:

table_start:
Code:
<table>
table_row (with, say, 3 columns):
Code:
<tr>
  <td>{{{cell1}}}</td>
  <td>{{{cell2}}}</td>
  <td>{{{cell3}}}</td>
</tr>
table_end:
Code:
</table>

The only fixed aspect to this template is the number of columns, but you could create additional "table_row" templates with varying numbers of columns (e.g. named table_row_4col, table_row_5col, etc).

Now your content creators can create tables using these three templates, with any number of rows as required:
Code:
[template=table_start][/template]
[template=table_row] cell1= a| cell2= b| cell3= c[/template]
[template=table_row] cell1= d| cell2= e| cell3= f[/template]
[template=table_row] cell1= g| cell2= h| cell3= i[/template]
etc...
[template=table_end][/template]

The power (and point!) of templates is that you're separating content from format such that you can change one without affecting the other, and this allows your content creators to only focus on content, and your designer(s) to only focus on the presentation.

You can see the above employed on the Syntax Page over on my wiki.

Top Bottom