• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

8WayRun.Com Modifications for XenForo

Just type in a URL to a channel and the information will automatically be parsed.

When the event goes live, it will auto embed the channel and chatroom into the thread.

Okay... I want to release the XenAtendo system today... but I want to make sure as many bugs are worked out as possible... please try to break something...

Okay... I might be disappointing people... but my next release will NOT be XenTorneo or XenGrado... instead its going to be 8WR Administration Tools... little small things I've added to make administration of XenForo easier...

Thinks like Spambot finders, sitemap generators, and other small things I think are willing.

And a preview to "[8wayRun.Com] XenHablas (IRC Chat)"

Untitled-2.gif

This new chat mod will integrate directly with XenAtendo (if you have it installed)...
example: http://www.8wayrun.com/chat/
You can click on the (SHOW STREAM) and (HIDE STREAM) buttons on the top right control.

I am finding it very hard to make new programs though... I have something like 5 major mods out now, and just managing them is consuming all my time.

And a preview to "[8wayRun.Com] XenHablas (IRC Chat)"

View attachment 11729

This new chat mod will integrate directly with XenAtendo (if you have it installed)...
example: http://www.8wayrun.com/chat/
You can click on the (SHOW STREAM) and (HIDE STREAM) buttons on the top right control.

I am finding it very hard to make new programs though... I have something like 5 major mods out now, and just managing them is consuming all my time.

You have some really awesome mods, I can't wait to see what you come up with in the future.

Okay... as people have seen, my current project is a Blog system. I actually haven't started any programming, as I've been working through designs in my head for the past 2 weeks. However, before I start programming, I want to know people's opinions. Basically, I have two options when it comes to creating Blog software with XenForo, and I want to know which people prefer...
  1. Create a "blog/comment" content type.

Creating a new content type pretty much means that the block will be a separate entity from the forums (XenMedio is an example of this). With a new content type, handlers need to be made for all XenForo events, but there is a lot of customizability. For instance, the activity page would say things like: "user posted a blog entry", "user replied to blog entry", "user liked blog entry".
  2. Use the "thread/post" content type.

Using the existing "thread/post" content type is extremely easy. With this, an admin would simply need to create a new forum node, and assign this node as the blog node. Then the blog page will simply retrieve it's information from this node. The best thing about this method is everything is already built into XenForo and all XenForo features will be available from the start.
Honestly, I'm leaning towards #2.

I prefer 1. ;)
because the other version is allmost there. a blog is not a forum.
in a real blogsystem you can better follow/find the main text(posts) of the blogger.

for example:
your threads to your addons. i can´t follow your specific posts, because of 1000 comments and questions from each other member.
if you were blogging, ists much easier to follow the important posts from you.

hope that helps.

Top Bottom