8thos.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
8thos.com has switched hosts from xFHost.me to nimbushosting. I've recently removed over a dozen addons over the past couple of days. Because I previously posted a list of our addons earlier in the thread, here's a list of addons I now currently have installed.

8thos Addons.webp

Down to 95 Addons
85 That Are Enabled
9 are disabled until it's needed (admin type tools)
1 that I can't get to work (Friend Inviter)

Down to 95 Addons
85 That Are Enabled
9 are disabled until it's needed (admin type tools)
1 that I can't get to work (Friend Inviter)

Why can't you get Friend Inviter to work? I haven't had any issues except some that I thought were issues related to the addon but they were because I didn't have any contacts on those services.

The following 13 addons I have installed are features that came default in vBulletin 4 CMS

Blogs
Albums + Albums More
Addon Install and Upgrade
Akinak Custom User Field Search
Profile Visitors
Conversation Essentials
Custom BB Code Manager
Ragtek Global Feed
Insert Registration to Recent Activities
Recent Posts Sidebar
Toggleme
User Essentials
Mobile Style Selector

I ask again carefully after this. http://imgur.com/b9d92MA
Not on my to-do list at the moment because I have to re-do all the icons since they are not padded equally and after I do that, make them optimized CSS images and after I do that create the resource as my first addon without the TMS system since that addon will be deprecated by Xenforo 2.1. I have another addon I'm working on for my site that's of higher priority and even that has to wait cause I'm taking a break from Xenforo customization to work on a more important project, so you should check out stewart1champs social media icons instead. I'm not releasing no half-assed stuff that he's already done a much better job of.

I am now being hosted by Xenformula and my site's never been faster! Current Addon List Breakdown including explanation of which ones were paid or the development paid for. This is not a full description of every addon I ever paid for the development for because I have paid for a lot, it just so happens I uninstalled them because I'm no longer using some of those addons.

8thosAddonsListHistory.webp

Doesn't

BarfiLounge Profile Visitors
Profile View Count

.... do the same thing? I know BarfiLounge shows how many times it has been viewed anyway.

Doesn't

BarfiLounge Profile Visitors
Profile View Count

.... do the same thing? I know BarfiLounge shows how many times it has been viewed anyway.
I don't think BarfiLounge view counts shows guest view count. Either way, I can't get it to display Top 10 most viewed profiles as a sidebar. Which is why I still have Chris's installed.

I am now being hosted by Xenformula and my site's never been faster! Current Addon List Breakdown including explanation of which ones were paid or the development paid for. This is not a full description of every addon I ever paid for the development for because I have paid for a lot, it just so happens I uninstalled them because I'm no longer using some of those addons.

View attachment 45695

Been meaning to comment about this post and it slipped my mind. More of a praise to you than a comment but probably a bit of both.

I noticed a few add-ons you paid to be developed and are now free to the community and I think this is generous of you since I'm sure you were asked if it was okay to have them released since you paid for the development of them. Very generous of you and to the author who created them. :)

Thanks. I don't use everything I've paid for and that includes the development of addons like Live Threads and Social Connect for instance and for paid addons I bought just like everyone else such as MicroCart or MicroShop, whatever it's called. Ideally, I wanna use mostly everything. But trying to strike a balance between whats too much and whats just right is hard as hell!

My site is private now because I am overhauling the site and there will be a massive change in content IDs. There are two things wrong with the site. 1. The database is corrupt due to several years worth of some addons not uninstalling itself properly and 2. We do not have enough spam protective measures in place to prevent Baidu search engine spiders from using up the site's resources and bandwidth. Number 2 is easy to fix. I can just buy a spam addon but that fix would be temporary. To solve number 1, I will import 8thos to another Xenforo 1.2 installation using the Xenforo 1.2 to XF 1.2 importer whenever that is officially released. When this happens 8thos will not retain the same thread, posts, profile posts, conversations and user ids but at least urls will be shorter and look prettier and the database will be cleaner.

I have decided to use XenMediaGallery 1.3 to put both our blogs, albums and videos in one place because almost everything that's needed for blogging is already present in XenMediaGallery. Categories are organized perfectly in the sidebar, their are more user permissions which is especially needed to handle any privacy issues that may come up and if RSS features are introduced into XenMediaGallery at some point or another (and it probably will since RSS is also a feature in Gallery sites such as Picassa and Flicker), linking our albums, videos and blogs RSS to our site's Twitter and Facebook through Google Feedburner will be more convenient than before. So in a nutshell, Albums, Blogs, Videos and Showcase (Featured Blogs) will be in one section called Media. Like Featured Blogs (Showcase), XMG also has star ratings that will show up in search results and also has thumbnail widgets which will make it more cooler and easier to show off our albums, vids and blogs (think 'featured images' for wordpress or bobster's Showcase addon).

Why blogs, you may ask? Well after discovering that I can embed smilies and video in 'Add Caption' and that up to 15,000 characters are allowed in XenMediaGallery, I have decided to hire a coder to import Better Blogs to threads so that we can import those threads to XenMediaGallery with a thread importer. This thread importer will also be used to import our Showcase to XenMediaGallery (because our showcase comments are already threads and the first post of that thread can be the actual showcase item itself). If a Showcase has extra pages that exceed character limit it will be added manually as an extra item blog item's 'XMG user album'.

You can read more about my XMG customization project here: http://xenmediagallery.com/threads/add-captions-mini-blogs.404/

Screenshot:

Screen Shot 2013-07-28 at 3.55.47 PM.webp

Tell me which of my site's themes you like the most and point out any improvements or criticism if you can please!

http://8thos.com/threads/favorite-theme.21285/

I'm pretty much done with adjusting to the responsiveness of Xenforo 1.2. One of the things I had to do was make the navigation and menu links taller due to the menus being too small in responsive. I think it works out pretty well. Kinda hard for me to tell sometimes cause I have big hands and most people's hands are smaller. Like I said earlier in the thread, both my Ivory and Ebony skins are transparent so that members can put their own custom backgrounds, so that hasn't changed. Everything else is pretty much similar to the default Xenforo theme with a couple css changes.

IVORY
Screen Shot 2013-08-28 at 10.37.58 PM.webp

EBONY
Screen Shot 2013-08-28 at 10.38.34 PM.webp

BLUE
Screen Shot 2013-08-28 at 10.40.11 PM.webp

PINK
Screen Shot 2013-08-28 at 10.38.55 PM.webp

XENFORO
Screen Shot 2013-08-28 at 10.39.14 PM.webp

Last edited:
8thos.com has switched hosts from xFHost.me to nimbushosting. I've recently removed over a dozen addons over the past couple of days. Because I previously posted a list of our addons earlier in the thread, here's a list of addons I now currently have installed.

View attachment 42097

Jesus christ thats a lot of addons. What are the 8thos framework 1, 2, 3....etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom