12/12 DigitalPoint - Welcome back thread

Was actually fun overall. Like if I didn't have a ton of work to do, I'd love to live there (really). The camps are way nicer than a real prison.
:eek: There are 5 prisons within a mile in any given direction from my house and none of them are like the resort your describing..

:eek: There are 5 prisons within a mile in any given direction from my house and none of them are like the resort your describing..
There's a slight difference between a prison and a camp. At one time Seagoville, TX had (still does) a federal pen there. When you drove by it looked like a small college instead of a correctional facility. No fences, tennis courts, a track and a few other features.
They (a few years ago) began serving a different clientele there and erected fencing topped with razor wire around it. NOW it looks like a correctional facility. The tennis courts were turned into additional parking area, the track went by-bye and became basically an exercise yard.

Who decided that? The judge with his original sentence?
For how long do you have to stay there?
It is the BOP CCM who finalizes a location if the prisoner recommendation is suitable and then the warden has the final call on it if the CCM says there is head space.

The longest that the BOP usually places people in halfway is 12 months but on average it is half of that, earlier if you can qualify for remanding to home confinement and have not completed a residential drug abuse program.

It is the BOP CCM who finalizes a location if the prisoner recommendation is suitable and then the warden has the final call on it if the CCM says there is head space.

The longest that the BOP usually places people in halfway is 12 months but on average it is half of that, earlier if you can qualify for remanding to home confinement and have not completed a residential drug abuse program.
So he's in this place for ~4-6 months I'd guess? Damn...

So he's in this place for ~4-6 months I'd guess? Damn...

I mean... I know how the system in general works, but you would have to ask him if you want to know something more definitive and that is of course only if at this point he even knows himself.

I mean... I know how the system in general works, but you would have to ask him if you want to know something more definitive and that is of course only if at this point he even knows himself.
Of course, but if that is approx how long he's in that place for... It's pretty idiotic. I'd rather spend another 6 months in 'federal prison' than in some halfway house.

If it wasn't for the prospect of being it if there everyday for work (which is hopefully soon), I'd ask to go back to prison (really).

My lawyers are going back to judge to ask him to change it to home confinement, but if that fails, I'm there until May 12. But working at least.

Top Bottom