1.1.2 Help!

JMPRockFm

I keep on getting these errors when I 'upload' e.g updated

Screen Shot 2012-02-07 at 20.22.46.webp

Then when I go to 'install' your on 1.1.0 update -.- what do I do I followed the info. And Hostgator says 'Richard B.:I'm not sure how your script works so I can't tell you what to do from here. ' and this Richard B.:You may need to contact the script developer as it seems that some files my be missing and this' Richard B.:You can try now but 0777 most likley will not work on our server. '

Thank's if you can help

3. Setting Permissions

Once the files are finished uploading, you must set permissions (or CHMOD) several places. This is necessary to ensure that XenForo can write to those parts of your server. You can usually do this with your FTP client.

In the set of files and directories you just uploaded, you will see 2 folders: data and internal_data.
These two directories must be set to world writeable (CHMOD 0777) or give the IUSR_ Full Control in Windows.
Keep your FTP client open; you may still need it for the next step.

This is all I can find about permissions in the install guide. It doesn't say to chmod them back to anything. I have my data and internal_data directories chmoded to 755 tho.

What's the recommended chmod values for those folders after installation?

By default I'm pretty sure XenForo will attempt to chmod them to 0777, but know Mike added some extra checking in there due to different server configurations. "Shared Hosting" seems to be the biggest issue as play, most don't like 0777 used on directories due to the security issues that come with it on shared host set-ups. Some like mine before, will serve up 500 server error pages if 0777 is used, I was told that by my host during a live chat session with them, said it wasn't allowed.

These days most servers shouldn't need 0777 used on directory's or files anymore.

What's the recommended chmod values for those folders after installation?

777 or 755, depending on the server configuration. If 755 allows you to complete the installation then leave it there. If 755 doesn't work then the install script will tell you. In that case you need to use 777.

Many shared servers use suPHP which allows you to use 755.

Top Bottom