Unmaintained [rellect] Nodes Grid 2.0.2

No permission to download
Compatible XF 1.x versions
  1. 1.2
  2. 1.3
  3. 1.4
  4. 1.5
License
You're not allowed to republish, sell, trade, or take credit for this addon without the permission of the author.
Visible branding
No
If this addon helped you, please consider to donate.
Donations are used to keep updating the addon and provide fair support.
There's no minimum amount, choose yourself how much it was worth to you. Any donation is appreciated.

Description:

This addon allows to change the look of the nodes list in the index page.
You'll be able to show nodes side by side.

Once installed, you will have a new setting in the node edit page.
This option will let you choose if to show the node as a column or not. This allows you to show only specific nodes side by side, unlike other solutions that puts all the nodes side by side.

Even nested columns are possible, so for example, you can have two categories side by side - and their inner forums side by side as well.
Check out the screenshot included to see how it looks.

NEW IN 2.0.0
Customize the grid directly from the front-end.
This new feature allows you to change the grid and get feedback immediately.

video-demo.gif

Notes:
  1. The grid is designed to two columns only. More columns will require very wide screen resolution, and considering the need to support the responsive design and narrow screens, I decided it won't be smart to show more than two columns.

2. The setting of the grid is available only in the default node types.
    It is possible to use it also in custom node types, but some code will need to be added to the addon which the node type is belongs to.
    If you're a developer, and want to support the Nodes Grid in your addon, please contact me to get the relevant steps for doing that.

Features:
  1. Enable or disable nodes grid per style.
  2. Set any node type side by side (forum, category, etc..).
  3. Flexibility. Choose only the nodes you want to show side by side, while others will be shown in full width.
    • You can have inner nodes side by side as well.
  4. The grid is fully responsive.
  5. Ajax interface to edit the grid live from the front-end.
  6. Option to hide the last post info, so there will be more space to the node's information.
  7. A bonus feature - you can add a status icon for sub forums.
  8. Style option to change the spacing between nodes
  9. Works without adding additional database queries
  • node.webp
    node.webp
    41.1 KB · Views: 2,664
  • Grid.webp
    Grid.webp
    63.1 KB · Views: 2,876
Author
refael
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 27 ratings

More resources from refael

Latest updates

1. v2.0.2

Fixed a styling issue with forums without a parent category. Reduced amount of template...
  2. v2.0.1

What's new Fixed spacing between columns (starting from second row). Added a style property...
  3. v2.0.0

This update fix an issue in beta2 which caused the JS file not to load. This is also the gold...

Latest reviews

Simple and does exactly what it says. Could not have been more impressed. or happier over the results. Thank you!
This is a great add-on which does what it says, and it does it well. The concept itself is also a major improvement over the standard index page. This really should be in the XF core.
Great (and for me, must have) add-on. Specially "Customizing the grid directly from the front-end" tool is fantastic. Thanks rellect and wish you the best.
I've using [rellect] Nodes Grid in my board from the beginning and I really love it, the way to customise the look is really awesome and easy to handle. in the top of my best addons! Thanks rellect!
I've been using this add-on now for more than a year, and I have only good things to say about it. My index page is more compact, so users don't have to scroll so much to find the forums they are looking for. It also simply looks better.
Easy to install, appears to be bug free, and the new version allows you to do all the work from the front end! Great job and I look forward to this author's future addons
I want to thank you to the developer because of this great plugin. I was looking for a good modification to divide the node list in two columns and I couldn't find any modification compatible with latest XenForo version. I hope the developer will continue supporting this addon on future XF versions! :)
Superbly done.
Excellent
Love it Bro You rock. Makes the forum looks Cool
Top Bottom