Resource icon

Enable (Or Disable) Facebook Send Button 1.0

No permission to download
This add-on is not affiliated with XenForo Ltd.

Please consider donating if you find this add-on useful.

You will no doubt be familiar with this section (which appears in the sidebar):
Sidebar_Sharepage.webp

And this section (which appears in the footer of each thread):
Sharepage.webp

Well, today mine turned to this:
Sharepage_send_sidebar.webp

Sharepage_send.webp

The send button is an alternative to simply "Liking" a piece of content. You may, rather than sharing it to your Timeline, rather share it with specific people on Facebook or by e-mail.

Why did this appear for me?

I can't find any documentation on this, but it appears as though if the Facebook button code doesn't specify either send="true" or send="false" (XenForo's template specifies neither) then it will now default to send="true", thus making the send button appear.

In typical Facebook fashion they are probably rolling this out slowly.

This add-on serves two purposes:

1) If you want to have the extra button displayed and it isn't showing yet, then this add-on will enable it.

2) If you do not want to have this extra button, then there is an option to turn it off.

Once this add-on is installed, by default the send button will appear. The options to turn it off are at:

Admin CP > Options > Facebook Integration
-OR-
Admin CP > Options > Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)

Enable_send.webp

And that, is that...

INSTALLATION:

This add-on is downloaded in a ZIP archive. To install, follow these instructions:
  1. Click Download Now to download the ZIP file.
  2. Once downloaded, extract all of it's contents.
  3. Browse your computer for these contents and look for the folder entitled upload. There will also be an XML file in there.
  4. Whatever is inside of the upload folder needs to be uploaded to your server using your preferred FTP client.
  5. The contents need to be placed in the exact same place as your existing js / library / styles folders. (The root of your XenForo installation).
  6. Once the files are uploaded, go to your Admin CP > Install Add-on > Browse... and find the XML file.
  7. Click Install and wait for the process to complete.
Author
Chris D
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Chris D

Top Bottom