Resource icon

Enable Debug Mode From AdminCP 1.1a

No permission to download
Compatible XF 1.x versions
  1. 1.2
  2. 1.3
  3. 1.4
  4. 1.5
This add-on is not affiliated with XenForo Ltd.

Add-on Details

This add-on will put a checkbox on your AdminCP homepage that will allow you to enable or disable debug mode - literally at the flick of a switch.

To secure this option, there is a new Administrator permission. If you are not a Super Administrator, you will need to give yourself this permission first.

The debug switch (off by default) will override whatever value is set in your config. Therefore, if your config has the debug value not set or set to 0/false then the switch will turn debug mode on. If your config has the debug value set to 1/true then the switch will turn debug off.

Why would I need Debug mode?
  • Create/edit Admin Templates
  • Create/edit E-mail Templates
  • Create/edit Add-ons
  • Viewing debug information such as page load times
  • Create Permissions
  • ...and more!
Installation

This add-on can be installed using the Add-On Installer.

Alternatively...
  • Extract the contents of the Zip file.
  • Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
  • Install in the Admin CP using the provided XML file.
Author
Chris D
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 18 ratings

More resources from Chris D

Latest updates

1. Fixes uninstall bug

Thank you so much for donating. It is always appreciated! Hopefully you won't ever need this...
  2. Now displays query count and disables debug mode upon uninstall.

Thank you so much for donating. It is always appreciated! This update is with special thanks...

Latest reviews

While I don't use Debug mode very often, I certainly find it convenient to do so with this simple add-on.(vs. Starting an FTP program, Starting an Editor program, Opening, Editing and then re-saving config.php)
Absolutely essential to my every day work developing on a live site. Normally I would IP whitelist the config but it gets tedious. The only way this could be better is if it allowed configuring users to be enabled for. Either way its still an essential item.
Useful to avoid editing the config file before and after every development session.
Finally found that :) Should be core, maybe with security question. Saves a lot of time, thank you Chris D!
Saving lots of time, thanks!
just brilliant:)
Because if built-in TM now I'm using this daily :) Thanks Chris!
Fantastic add-on. This saved my bacon today.
great idea!
Top Bottom