• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

xPortal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tested it in Beta 6 but I have made dramatic changes since I originally released the latest. I'm behind right now so I won't get a release out probably till Wed. Got homework for class to deal with first and foremost.

Ok, no problem, fortunately I have that problem only with administrator account.

Thanks for your help.

Update: I know I said a release today but I'm working on a Page addon that will allow the creation of custom pages with instructions are including in the Home quick links or its own tab. I want to release this latest version with the Page addon and the admin page for xPortal built.

That I'm not sure about yet, for now it will be controlled from the ACP but I will try to work on a means to create from outside the ACP.

Do you want to create all your content (Admin) or do you want your community to help ?
Many+Hands+Make+Light+Work+Motto+Vision.png

Many hands make light work.

It's hard for people to contribute when they can't access the AdminCP.
Pages also need the option for comments.

Make the Pages have versions and you are really heading in the right direction :)

The whole point behind the pages is first and foremost a system for admins to create their own pages, the second is an option to allow the members to help in the creation. What you speak of is a wiki but this system will work similar but use permissions to allow of editing of pages.

I just get a white page database error when I installed this on release candidate 3 but after disable my site is OK I hope this works someday for me I have no home page right now was thinking of installing wordpress but I don't want to use wordpress again on a site.

Any ideas?

I just get a white page database error when I installed this on release candidate 3 but after disable my site is OK I hope this works someday for me I have no home page right now was thinking of installing wordpress but I don't want to use wordpress again on a site.

Any ideas?

Hi Victor,

Steves mod probably wont work on RC3 because of the changes. This mod was released a fair while ago now so it needs to be updated.

In the meantime I HIGHLY recommend XenPorta(in the add-ons also). It use it to display my news and it looks great and intergrates with XF niceley. You can see it at my site @ mmazone.com.au

The other new mod that is still in 'beta' mode is [LN] Blog which looks very promising although may not be suited for you right now.

I would say look into XexPorta, hope this helps.

I tired the XenPorta and only get a blank page on it. Also end up having two home buttons on my community after install. So not sure why I can't get it too work

I'm already running the blog it was my first addon that I did and was very simple install. Works great.

Just Really Bored

Victor, not sure what you mean by "blank page". The 2 home page issue is covered in the XenPorta thread a few times. Go to ACP --> Options --> Basic Board Info, the Home Page URL field, make sure it is blank.

I tired the XenPorta and only get a blank page on it. Also end up having two home buttons on my community after install. So not sure why I can't get it too work

I'm already running the blog it was my first addon that I did and was very simple install. Works great.

Just Really Bored
Hi Victor,

2 home tab issues is easily fixed. Although this mod has potential the matter of fact is it probably wont work anymore on XF until it is or even if updated.

XenPortal might of not been working for many a reasons but if you have a successful XF install then you should be fine. If you want any help setting it up send me a private message, i can setup xen portal for free no problems.

Naw I too much problem if it just don't install like the blog one did.

I will just code in a html when I get time.

Thansk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom