XFMG Media Of The Month Competition - ThemesCorp.com [Paid] [Deleted]

Yes you got me (y) ;)
I currently do it manually and that can be manic!
It's a case of we have pic of the month, based on members' uploads....
So someone spots an image and thinks - yeah this cuts it so I am going to vote for PoTM - they tag me or submit it on the thread and I then have to add it to a list.
I've been searching and searching and so far yours is what comes close to what we need.

If it's too much then yeah I can fully understand that, however, if you're open for using this as a basis for custom development I am happy to pay my way of course..

Like for instance Augusts' ran from the 1st until midnight lastnight / this morning, then this morning I started PoTM for September.
I adjust the threads and announce the winner(s) when I need to.
GMT here so been a long day will be off soon myself. :D

Well I could have it working in both ways.
However porting to XenGallery do requires a lot of job...

Oh oh, think I hit a bit of a bug with the latest release. This is on XF 1.5 (upgraded MOTM to the latest before my new Sept month start date). It created a new album at 8pm Aug 31st (it did that on the old version too in August although my server time is accurate) not a big deal. Anyway, now it created a second album for the same month. I quickly soft deleted the thread and album.

The only thing that happened is that I slightly altered the autogenerated thread message for media submissions today before duplicate album was created. I also have m/y format set to m/Y instead of n/Y which was the default (btw, still won't show me the month name, shows month number).

I also see that your cron job is due to run tomorrow at same time (8:01pm).

So is this going to happen again and what about my original Sept album?

@MtoR

This is an odd behavior, it shouldn't have created two albums hum, maybe a question of server time.
The time is based on the parameters of the user you have put in the admincp options, might be the reason why you get the difference time.

What is the user timezone ?

No it shouldn't create a new album and it's normal that it runs everyday, code change in latest version.

Well I could have it working in both ways.
However porting to XenGallery do requires a lot of job...

This is an odd behavior, it shouldn't have created two albums hum, maybe a question of server time.
The time is based on the parameters of the user you have put in the admincp options, might be the reason why you get the difference time.

What is the user timezone ?

No it shouldn't create a new album and it's normal that it runs everyday, code change in latest version.

Server time is accurate and timezone in ACP is correct and matches server. Thankfully it did not create a 3rd album today but it was odd. User timezone is EST. Like I said it ran at 8:01pm for Aug and did the same this month except something tripped it to go create another album.

Also so far user submission posts seem to be going into the original MOTM thread which is good, I was worried that the voting or selection would collapse if it's looking up the subsequent album/threads.

Server time is accurate and timezone in ACP is correct and matches server. Thankfully it did not create a 3rd album today but it was odd. User timezone is EST. Like I said it ran at 8:01pm for Aug and did the same this month except something tripped it to go create another album.

Also so far user submission posts seem to be going into the original MOTM thread which is good, I was worried that the voting or selection would collapse if it's looking up the subsequent album/threads.

How much hour between EST and your server time ?

Clément

Hum, then I can't explain the reason why it created 2 albums.
Let's see if it happens again next month.

Hum, then I can't explain the reason why it created 2 albums.
Let's see if it happens again next month.

I'm wondering if it would help if I moved the start date to the 2nd of each month to avoid the possibility

Yes you got me (y) ;)
I currently do it manually and that can be manic!
It's a case of we have pic of the month, based on members' uploads....
So someone spots an image and thinks - yeah this cuts it so I am going to vote for PoTM - they tag me or submit it on the thread and I then have to add it to a list.
I've been searching and searching and so far yours is what comes close to what we need.

If it's too much then yeah I can fully understand that, however, if you're open for using this as a basis for custom development I am happy to pay my way of course..

Like for instance Augusts' ran from the 1st until midnight lastnight / this morning, then this morning I started PoTM for September.
I adjust the threads and announce the winner(s) when I need to.
GMT here so been a long day will be off soon myself. :D
I'd consider chipping in on that I think.

Hey guys - I've had some issues with users not seeing the little trophy icon and so votes have been pretty low. How can I change the icon to "VOTE NOW!" in red to avoid the issue?

My Members are all calling out for the ability to vote for multiple pictures as well (mainly because that was what we used to do before your app came along)

Top Bottom