Awaiting feedback XF responsive design breakpoints ignore DPI & modern high resolution phones

Xon

Affected version
I've leaned that the Samsung Galaxy A14 reports a 1080x2408px resolution in a 6.6 inch screen-size.

The problem? XF's media queries assume >900px is actually at a usable resolution (96 dpi or maybe 144 dpi, and not 400 dpi. well 400 dppx for media queries).

I think implementing min-resolution/-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio or max-resolution/-webkit-max-device-pixel-ratio in various media queries will be needed :(

Last edited:
This seems like a browser/device issue unless I'm misunderstanding. CSS pixels are scaled to DPI already. My phone reports a portrait width of 393px despite the device resolution being 1179px.

I'm guessing it might actually be something wonky with the default samsung's browser, trying to get more details.

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen the samsung browser thing do something atrocious.

How is this issue manifesting? Does it try to render the site as a desktop rather than mobile or something?

I have a Samsung Galaxy A04s and the Samsung browser seems to render the forum UI fine on xenforo.com/community and on one of my sites running 2.2.15

I'm waiting for my daughter to wake up so I can try it on her Samsung Galaxy A12

My old Galaxy S20 also works fine with the Samsung browser

Top Bottom