What about using the Tiptap editor for XenForo?

If you look at TipTap it is similar to the current editor we have here already.
Hence why i was looking at others.
There’s a ton of differences between what we have here and TipTap. Which is why this thread was created to begin with.

Reactions: FTL
Let invision have their TipTap editor.. we have a new one coming in 3.0
Confused What The GIF by Sesame Street

And that new one is called.... TipTap lol
Oh that's the wysiwyg they're importing for 3.0? I haven't seen it confirmed yet (officially) for XF. I skimmed through the thread at about 2 am last night, didn't really see any confirmed but I saw some denied. As long as it works good, it's whatever for me though lol.

Last edited:
Whichever editor that can be a competitor to a platform like Discord is a step up of modernization at this point.

Oh that's the wysiwyg they're importing for 3.0? I haven't seen it confirmed yet (officially) for XF. I skimmed through the thread at about 2 am last night, didn't really see any confirmed but I saw some denied. As long as it works good, it's whatever for me though lol.
Yeah. It's way better than what they've got currently.

No confirmation yet but a few hints dropped.

Seems like a great editor. They also provide an ad platform for peer to peer services. Such a diverse team.

Seems like a great editor. They also provide an ad platform for peer to peer services. Such a diverse team.

Wrong organization. 😁

This is where it's at:

Be interesting to see if XF integrate the AI writer or the collaboration features.

I'm sure an add on will!

I'll be happy if I can drag multiple images to the editor window like I used to in the past. It's somewhat tedious to have to do them one by one when I'm composing articles.

@Chris D What is the licensing like for this editor? It shows "open source" and appears to be on github, but visiting their site, there are tiered licensing options to pay for, which I don't know if those are relevant or not.

I recommend tiptap months ago during the whole editor broken for months thing. I was hoping that was considered. I've been using it for a couple years and it's simple and works.

I recommend tiptap months ago during the whole editor broken for months thing. I was hoping that was considered. I've been using it for a couple years and it's simple and works.
February 2023 I think you first mentioned it. I think @Jake B. mentioned it at some point too. I had seen Lexical at that point, and Editor.js. A bunch of editors were evaluated before we settled on one back in April 2023.

Top Bottom