• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

I edited the vbulletin import4 file to reflect the changes necessary to import blogs. How do I import the blogs over without having to do this over again? Is there a way to skip steps and force it only to import attachments and blogs?

You can import to 1.0.4 if it doesn't, then upgrade to 1.1.0 beta 4? ..

Actually i am going to upgrade to 1.1.0 b4 and will stick to it.

But i have plans to buy some databases for my forum and then mearge them in.

Is there any other option to do it?
OR
can anyone will be able to tell me what db changes are there in xenforo 1.0.4 and 1.1.0 b4 so i can try to code it my self?

I just downloaded this to give it a shot and I'm getting the following error when trying to import posts:

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xF8\x88\xBA\xB1\xB8F...' for column 'message' at row 1

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1500
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1489
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1291
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 502
XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1258
XenForo_Model_Import->importPost() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php at line 2004
XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->stepThreads() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 166
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 118
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/thtest/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13

We were able to patch some code from official vB3.8 importer into the Paul's vB4 importer. And it did the trick for us to migrate from vB 4.0 to xF 1.1 Beta 4. But the experience was not very pleasant though. We got all the thread prefixes working but we failed to import Blog and CMS stuff that we really don't need but the process was stuck there for several hours. Also, it took way too long to import the whole thing as compared with our earlier test imports to xF 1.0. We are still running it for testing purposes and yet to push our forum to production. We would probably wait for an official or community built importer specific to xF 1.1. :-)

I really hope there will be a official vB4 importer with xF 1.1. It's not possible for me to use Paul's vB4 importer, because I need to import the custom profile fields from vB4. Originally a official importer was already planned for the xF 1.0 release:

Let me just reiterate that while there is not a vB4 importer now, the differences in DB schema between vB3.8 and vB4.0 are negligible. The only really major change is in the way attachments are stored, so it's not going to be an insurmountable task to have a vB4 importer ready for the 1.0 release, if not the October beta.

When this is available i can finally switch from vB to xF. Can't wait... ;)

Top Bottom