Setting up Facebook, Twitter & Google Integration

Setting up Facebook, Twitter & Google Integration

Hello Gang!

I'm having a problem with adding twitter. When I look at my CP all I see is what I included below not what is shown in the instructions. Also when on twitter all I see is 'API or Access Token' keys and secrets not 'Consumer key and Consumer secret' per the instructions. Has the language changed, are there new instructions? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong does anyone know what it is. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 5.59.59 PM.webp

Hello Gang!

I'm having a problem with adding twitter. When I look at my CP all I see is what I included below not what is shown in the instructions. Also when on twitter all I see is 'API or Access Token' keys and secrets not 'Consumer key and Consumer secret' per the instructions. Has the language changed, are there new instructions? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong does anyone know what it is. Thank you.

View attachment 67123
Are you using XF 1.3 or an older version? The new integration options were introduced in XF 1.3 (currently in beta).

Are you using XF 1.3 or an older version? The new integration options were introduced in XF 1.3 (currently in beta).

Looks like I'm using 1.2.2. That is what is on the Zip file I downloaded for install last Friday. I'm very new to XenForo.

Duh.... I see at the top of the instructions is says for XF1.3. Is there one of these for 1.2 that inst an
add-on?

Duh.... I see at the top of the instructions is says for XF1.3. Is there one of these for 1.2 that inst an
add-on?

Yeah, 1.3 introduced Google and Twitter integration/log in. Facebook was already available in 1.2.

There is an add on which you can use for 1.2 located here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/social-network-authentication-twitter-google-vk-com.645/

Tip: Use the version posted by xfrocks within the discussion thread here as he updated the add on to work with 1.2. It can be found here - http://xenforo.com/community/thread...itter-google-vk-com.30930/page-22#post-611633

I'm trying to figure out what to put into the Twitter description field.
I've tried hitting the Register via Twitter button on XF and I see this:
XenForo Community
By XenForo Ltd.
xenforo.com
Use your Twitter account to log into the XenForo Community.
Which presumably includes the title and description.
Any clues what we could put into the description to reassure people that it's safe to use their Twitter account to register?

I'm trying to figure out what to put into the Twitter description field.
I've tried hitting the Register via Twitter button on XF and I see this:

Which presumably includes the title and description.
Any clues what we could put into the description to reassure people that it's safe to use their Twitter account to register?
I put this in mine:

Use your Twitter account to log into the Senior Gamers website.

As Chris mentioned in point 5 of the guide, just put your website URL in the Callback URL field.
Done that. As far as I can tell I've put everything in the Twitter app correctly, yet I still get an error when trying to Associate or log in using Twitter.

Ok, regenerated and put them in correctly and the same error.
What permissions does the app need? Read only? It's that by default.

Read only is fine. Is the server perhaps blocking outgoing requests?

Note that I just wrote a manual entry on this today: http://xenforo.com/help/twitter-integration/ I basically wrote that as I was setting it up again and it worked without issue, so it may be worth checking that everything is set correctly.

Is the server perhaps blocking outgoing requests?
If it were, would I be able to successfully integrate with Facebook and Google? I have done that.

I just deleted my first app, followed your instructions to the letter to create a new one and get exactly the same error.

Top Bottom