Add-on Paid 1500$/2000$ - Multisite CMS Addon for Xenforo

If you do revision storage, then make sure there's ability to disable it entirely. I always installed wp plugins to remove revisions as they take up db space, plus I can't think of a single time in ten years where I went and changed something back after changing it the first time. If I did it was so minor that it took seconds to change. Keep that in mind bc XF stores a lot in the database. Your db could get massive with extra copies of each thread.

If you do revision storage, then make sure there's ability to disable it entirely. I always installed wp plugins to remove revisions as they take up db space, plus I can't think of a single time in ten years where I went and changed something back after changing it the first time. If I did it was so minor that it took seconds to change. Keep that in mind bc XF stores a lot in the database. Your db could get massive with extra copies of each thread.
It won't save the entire thread, just the first message, which is the article itself. Thus, the impact on the DB is minimal (unless you have 20,000 articles with 30,000 words each).

would be interested to assist with crowd fund if the front page of the site looked professional with a magazine layout.

I can also contribute a sum of money, if the system would relay on:
1. Different editor (HTML editor, not a BB-code editor. Having a CMS system that supports BB-code is a pain)

I think you can do it with this addon. Also, there are other editors with that you can use html tags.

2. Having the ability to integrate side images in articles, not just horizontal images. In other words, having images next to text

Can you give me an example of that? I'm not sure if i correctly understood your request...

3. Revision control. Not the basic/bb-code revision control that XF has, but something more author-friendly that keeps more than 1 revision at a time

Mhh...why do you think the Xenforo system is not sufficient? Personally i'm fine with the XF feature...it's seems a very "niche" request.

4. Broken link checker (which is a must for a big CMS with couple of hundreds articles. Links are dying pretty quickly and some of the content becomes irrelevant).

You can use an external system for that that you will check this.

IMHO we have to think to request only NECESSARY features because more features = more cost, and i see that there are not many users now that are aivable to crowfund (because of Xenporta etc.) we will have to mantain basic needs and when the coder will publish this now send the request of extra features.

would be interested to assist with crowd fund if the front page of the site looked professional with a magazine layout.

Totally agreed. The magazine layout is the most important thing for me!

5. Embed Youtube videos (I guess it's kind of common sense, but good to mention)
6. SEO friendly

Totally agreed with that.

P.S. My idea of "Xenforo CMS" is something totally integrated with xenforo, for a easier use possible by the end users. Exampe, one user create an article in a specific forum, and is automatically promoted to an article. I think is the simplest system and for me it's not necessary to build an external system (it would cost more and it would be more complicated for the users).

P.P.S. I have contacted @ExtraLicense and @XCentral for request him a basic quote for a basic CMS...hope to see a reply soon.

I think you can do it with this addon. Also, there are other editors with that you can use html tags.

Can you give me an example of that? I'm not sure if i correctly understood your request...

Mhh...why do you think the Xenforo system is not sufficient? Personally i'm fine with the XF feature...it's seems a very "niche" request.

You can use an external system for that that you will check this.

IMHO we have to think to request only NECESSARY features because more features = more cost, and i see that there are not many users now that are aivable to crowfund (because of Xenporta etc.) we will have to mantain basic needs and when the coder will publish this now send the request of extra features.

Totally agreed. The magazine layout is the most important thing for me!

Totally agreed with that.

P.S. My idea of "Xenforo CMS" is something totally integrated with xenforo, for a easier use possible by the end users. Exampe, one user create an article in a specific forum, and is automatically promoted to an article. I think is the simplest system and for me it's not necessary to build an external system (it would cost more and it would be more complicated for the users).

P.P.S. I have contacted @ExtraLicense and @XCentral for request him a basic quote for a basic CMS...hope to see a reply soon.
The add-on for the HTML is not even close to be the same. You will still get raw bb-code all over your articles. I'm not sure what articles you are publishing, but I have some articles with 50-60K words. Good luck styling and editing them with the revision system in XF and with BB-code instead of html (you will get raw bb code sometimes all over your article, and it's annoying. HTML won't do that if you put it in a different tab/area like in WordPress).

In regards the image next to text, looks like this (the 2nd image):
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/24/b...red-toward-americans.html?ref=technology&_r=0

In regards "basic" CMS system, I'm not sure what are you requesting here when you say it should be integrated seemly with XF. I think you just want a styled XenPorta and that's it. I'm not willing to contribute to a "mini" CMS project and develop it later since it doesn't meet my needs, and I don't want to meet them in 2 years while I spend right now thousands of $.

In regards "basic" CMS system, I'm not sure what are you requesting here when you say it should be integrated seemly with XF. I think you just want a styled XenPorta and that's it.

That's i'm requesting it's impossible to have with Xenporta. I need a CMS with you can build a site like Avforums and TechSpot. You want to build something similar, i'm right? :-)

The add-on for the HTML is not even close to be the same. You will still get raw bb-code all over your articles. I'm not sure what articles you are publishing, but I have some articles with 50-60K words. Good luck styling and editing them with the revision system in XF and with BB-code instead of html (you will get raw bb code sometimes all over your article, and it's annoying. HTML won't do that if you put it in a different tab/area like in WordPress).

I know that HTML Editor is better, i'm just curious to know what you can accomplish with an HTML Editor that with custom bb codes can't.

That's i'm requesting it's impossible to have with Xenporta. I need a CMS with you can build a site like Avforums and TechSpot. You want to build something similar, i'm right? :)

I know that HTML Editor is better, i'm just curious to know what you can accomplish with an HTML Editor that with custom bb codes can't.
It's not what you can accomplish, it's how editing looks like when you edit BB-code VS. HTML. Try to edit 30,000 words articles with BB-CODE, you will see many bb-code tags flying all over the place, making editing frustrating.
In regards avforums, you can accomplish the exact same thing with XenPorta and a custom design.

It's not what you can accomplish, it's how editing looks like when you edit BB-code VS. HTML. Try to edit 30,000 words articles with BB-CODE, you will see many bb-code tags flying all over the place, making editing frustrating.

You convinced me, now i'm okay with that feature. I'm suggesting the solution of the html addon because i remember that in my WP days i rarely used "complex" html in my articles...just the standard codes (bold, h1, link, image etc.).

In regards avforums, you can accomplish the exact same thing with XenPorta and a custom design.

I've tried several times to customize that and also asked Jaxel, he confirmed that it's not possible. XenPorta is a portal, you have just a landing page that points to threads on the forum. I don't want to link articles in the forum, i want to have them in the home. Is a totally different system.

What do you mean by "have them in the home" ? Ideally you should want them to be part of a forum so you can get replies and conversation going, right?

Be nice if admins and trusted members could use a nice HTML wysiwyg editor while keeping the basic one for regular members.

Would integrating that be a better solution than trying to code an entire cms?

What do you mean by "have them in the home" ? Ideally you should want them to be part of a forum so you can get replies and conversation going, right?

I give you an example with Avforums. If you click in a article, you don't go into a forum node, you have a separate "article" route. Example. Okay my english is bad, but i think it's not difficult to understand the difference between a solution like Xenporta and this, i'm right? You can't call "blog", "magazine" or "website" that you can obtain with Xenporta. Xenporta is a landing page for your forum threads. You can mockup your threads that you he seems like articles, but it's just a mockup, and for me you simply can't use this system for a professional website. It's too limited for my needs.

I've posted here the reasons that one admin would prefer to have a separate site that a solution like Xenporta.

Be nice if admins and trusted members could use a nice HTML wysiwyg editor while keeping the basic one for regular members.

Yes, i'm agreed with that. After @Moshe1010 osservations i have observed the source of blog articles and he's right, without an HTML Editor having a CMS is a pain. Even if you have shortcodes a custom bbcodes is a pain to edit a long article. I'm agreed with him that an HTML Editor is very important for a CMS that works.

I give you an example with Avforums. If you click in a article, you don't go into a forum node, you have a separate "article" route. Example. Okay my english is bad, but i think it's not difficult to understand the difference between a solution like Xenporta and this, i'm right? You can't call "blog", "magazine" or "website" that you can obtain with Xenporta. Xenporta is a landing page for your forum threads. You can mockup your threads that you he seems like articles, but it's just a mockup, and for me you simply can't use this system for a professional website. It's too limited for my needs.

I've posted here the reasons that one admin would prefer to have a separate site that a solution like Xenporta.

Yes, i'm agreed with that. After @Moshe1010 osservations i have observed the source of blog articles and he's right, without an HTML Editor having a CMS is a pain. Even if you have shortcodes a custom bbcodes is a pain to edit a long article. I'm agreed with him that an HTML Editor is very important for a CMS that works.
We quickly talked very PM, but you could do what I mentioned that I'll be doing and that is code your own submission area/ticket system-type-deal for people to submit articles and for your writers to write the articles. By doing so, you can likely allow html editors without much of a security risk.

I have talked with @Alfa1, i think the better idea is to create a "official Crowfund topic" and to summarize all the features requests we have. We have to know the numer of persons interested to have an advanced CMS and possibly what they want to spend for it. It's the best system to see a good CMS coded before the end of this year.

Official xenforo staff should make it! Id put my money into that. Crowd funding....no thanks. There's no chance I'm putting money into something that can't be tested first or may not suit my needs when it's finished. I'd rather pay for a license after I test and approve of something than to take a chance, as crowdfund in is always hit or miss.

Be nice if there was an escrow service that held our funds until product was complete. Maybe xenforo can do their own crowdfund and if cOder completes the task on time, and 90% of funders approve it, as well as xenforo testing it, then the funds get released.

This way people get the product or get their money back and no one gets screwed.

I agree that it would be nice if xenforo would release a CMS. And maybe they will. Maybe they wont. Who knows?

I don't think your aversion to crowdfunding is realistic. While there is a risk involved with crowdfunding, in most cases you can spot it from a mile away that a project is bound to go south. IMHO its only a good idea to invest in a project if there is an exact feature list, development is done by a multiple senior developers who have a good track record in terms of professional attitude, trustworthiness, quality code, working large projects, reputation and are likely to deliver.

Escrow is the optimal way of payment for a crowdfund, but unfortunately I have not found any Escrow service that supports group funding. Let me know if you have found it.

But none the less, if you do not feel comfortable with crowdfunds, then you should avoid them. Most projects will sell licenses afterwards anyway.

Xenforo Escrow - how about it guys? I would trust XenForo staff to hold the funds because they have a LOT to lose if anything happens.

What's crowdfunding have to lose? Nothing. They don't care.

And what happens if you crowdfund something for $5k and don't ever get it? Then collectively that person made $5k for nothing and everyone else loses.

There has to be some sort of protection for the funders. No offense, but I wouldn't trust most coders unless I've worked with them for years, and even if I do trust them, there's no control in the event that something happens like they get sick or injured or they owe a pimp $5 k (lol). It really is a risky business.

Couldn't https://escrow.com/ be used?

There has to be some sort of protection for the funders. No offense, but I wouldn't trust most coders unless I've worked with them for years, and even if I do trust them, there's no control in the event that something happens like they get sick or injured or they owe a pimp $5 k (lol). It really is a risky business.
Conversely, if we would find an escrow service with the 90% threshold that you propose, then what if one or two investors do not agree with the delivered software, but the other 6 do? That's a big risk for the developers of a major project. Losing money is pretty bad. Working for nothing for months is even worse. You see. There is risk for all parties. An Escrow service will need to work in a way that the developers can have trust in receiving the funds according to milestones they meet.

AFAIK escrow.com doesn't offer group escrow. if you can find a service that does provide group escrow then let me know. Escrow can reduce risks.

Last edited:
good points! it's one of those things that a group of "investors" or "funders" would have to really iron out on their own, based upon the project.

Contrarily to my previous posts, if a really good programmer with a long history of trust is here, maybe you feel good enough to do it. There's lots of people I've worked with over the years who I always have no problem putting 50% down for a project. Some I even pay 100% up front, but these folks have gained trust over a course of years.

On top of that, I haven't been a member here long enough to know who's the best, but I already have a really good idea judging by reviews and general good judgement.

I just fear the worst with crowdfunding causing a group to ALL lose out if anything goes bad on the programmers end.

It's a good discussion that has many outcomes, that's for sure! Maybe someone should code a group escrow addon! LOL

Top Bottom