[n] Best Answer / Q&A System

[n] Best Answer / Q&A System [Paid] 1.1.2

No permission to buy (£25.00)
If you funded it, only to you of course. Depending on demand of the feature, it's possible that it may be added into a public version, but that'd be after enough demand for it and to make it fair enough it'd probably need to support all major ones. It'd have similar, but different, code, as the version you wanted would only really support your credits add-on by logic, unless you want support for others you don't use :p
I would like to participate for this project :) Im using Credit Premium from Brv.
Thanks @Blast for your suggestion.

The next version will feature a few widgets such as:
  • Recently Answered Questions
  • Recently Posted Questions

Currently, I'm pretty happy with the features in Best Answer, though we'll be working to extend it and add features requested by customers, we don't want to bloat it. If you have any feature suggestions, please post them @ apantic.com/community.

Regarding the credits, please create a thread on apantic.com/community and if it has enough support we can look into realistic ways of doing it. I like the idea, but we'd need to support major credits add-ons properly, and I'm not sure if they have good APIs. As far as I heard, current credits solutions are lacking, so I would doubt they have appropriate integration for other add-ons. I'd hate to be manually adding to the database, possibly subject to version breaking changes by the respective developers and having to deal with that too. So yeah, I'll definitely look into it with enough support. @SoeHoe, @Blast

Hi @Robust , I am a member of you forum since May 2015, but i still can't create a new tread. Please give me permission to create new tread. My username is Soe Hoe:)

Lets promote it @Blast to get more support :)

Hi @Robust , I am a member of you forum since May 2015, but i still can't create a new tread. Please give me permission to create new tread. My username is Soe Hoe:)

Yes. But it really depends on the structure of the credit system used. I personally do not like ******* because of his feedback. But I have so many features in mind for this. I'll post them in Apantic's forum. :)

Hi @SoeHoe

You can post in the forums. Sadly, you can't post in the customer forums. I should make a separate suggestions forum.

The next version will feature a few widgets such as:
  • Recently Answered Questions
  • Recently Posted Questions

Currently, I'm pretty happy with the features in Best Answer, though we'll be working to extend it and add features requested by customers, we don't want to bloat it. If you have any feature suggestions, please post them @ apantic.com/community.

Regarding the credits, please create a thread on apantic.com/community and if it has enough support we can look into realistic ways of doing it. I like the idea, but we'd need to support major credits add-ons properly, and I'm not sure if they have good APIs. As far as I heard, current credits solutions are lacking, so I would doubt they have appropriate integration for other add-ons. I'd hate to be manually adding to the database, possibly subject to version breaking changes by the respective developers and having to deal with that too. So yeah, I'll definitely look into it with enough support. @SoeHoe, @Blast

Buying if you throw in some bd widgets. How's that for a threat of fame and fortune :)

Looks like a nice add-on but also expensive!! U.S. $100 for branding free version. The other best answers was $10 branding free.

Looking at the roadmap for 2.0 version, it might be completely worth it!

Looks like a nice add-on but also expensive!! U.S. $100 for branding free version. The other best answers was $10 branding free.

Looking at the roadmap for 2.0 version, it might be completely worth it!
£25 without branding, comes to around $37. Perhaps a little pricey, but I'm sure existing customers can tell you it was worth it for them. Branding isn't obstructive and just in the footer, it's not necessary for most installations, to be honest.

The other add-on is kinda unmaintained and this one has a lot of features, not to self-promote but taking a look at it, I don't think it even works on XF 1.5. This one is a full questions and answer suite. The first release was basic, so I called it Best Answer / Q&A Manager. It's to be renamed as per the 2.0 release, or even the 1.2 release.

£25 without branding, comes to around $37. Perhaps a little pricey, but I'm sure existing customers can tell you it was worth it for them. Branding isn't obstructive and just in the footer, it's not necessary for most installations, to be honest.

The other add-on is kinda unmaintained and this one has a lot of features, not to self-promote but taking a look at it, I don't think it even works on XF 1.5. This one is a full questions and answer suite. The first release was basic, so I called it Best Answer / Q&A Manager. It's to be renamed as per the 2.0 release, or even the 1.2 release.

Thank you for the reply. $37 is a great value and $63 branding is my problem with each add on with branding creating a cloud in the footer.

I would by this beading free for $50

v2 before the new year? :)
It'd end up being rushed. It's a recreation from the ground up. Really though, I think the existing versions serve the need. The v2 is just because I wanted to play around with a powerful solution that I think has the potential to be expanded by the base we've created for it.

Is branding removal 40 pounds for each of your add-on or global branding removal that applies to all your add-ons?

Write-up reads like global branding removal for all add-ons.

1.5 update?
1.5 changed nothing to make this incompatible. Works completely with 1.5.

I don't believe in causing inconvenience for customers by releasing an update for each XenForo update even if it changes nothing. Our updates are independent, and if XenForo changes break anything, we'll release a bug fix / compatibility update, but that's not necessary here.

Thanks, you've privatized that forum so can't see the roadmap.
I was sure viewing permissions weren't revoked, only posting permissions. I'll check.

Would you consider integrating a basic thread rating system into this (perhaps based on number of upvotes etc). Would be nice to have an integrated thread/q&a weighting system.
The like system, if that's what you mean, wouldn't be appropriate for vote calculation, I believe. We do, however, in the 2.0 update plan to do something about this, though, and bridge possible user unfriendliness and a lack of use of the feature by not wishing to use the vote button as well.

I was sure viewing permissions weren't revoked, only posting permissions. I'll check.

The like system, if that's what you mean, wouldn't be appropriate for vote calculation, I believe. We do, however, in the 2.0 update plan to do something about this, though, and bridge possible user unfriendliness and a lack of use of the feature by not wishing to use the vote button as well.

Great, waiting on v2 now :)

Top Bottom