• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Member Map

Thought it might be the banner today whilst Ive been at work (yeah I think too much lol) but hadnt had chance to test it.

On another note, users love it m8. Great work :)
Yeah, I registered on your forum to see the issue you were having. Was awesome seeing that many members on the map!

[SUGGESTION]
This is actually something I am very interested in. Curious if this tool could be modified to support.
1. Multiple locations per user
2. Ability for user to click on the map.

Reason, I use this type of technology to drive user generated points of interest.
It would be nice for a user to click on spots because many of my spots are on the water and don't neccessarily translate to an address.

I would be willing to shell out some cash if we could get something like this. :)

[SUGGESTION]
This is actually something I am very interested in. Curious if this tool could be modified to support.
1. Multiple locations per user
2. Ability for user to click on the map.

Reason, I use this type of technology to drive user generated points of interest.
It would be nice for a user to click on spots because many of my spots are on the water and don't neccessarily translate to an address.

I would be willing to shell out some cash if we could get something like this. :)
Sounds to me like you're not really looking for a members map, but a map where you add various spots in the sea, such as beautiful places, good fishing grounds, etc. As of right now, this add-on is in no way designed to deal with multiple markers pr member.
Adding that functionality, while preserving the original idea at the same time wont be easy.

I can make you a custom version of it, tho. Send me a message where you list all(most) additional features you would like, and I'll give you a quote.

Sounds to me like you're not really looking for a members map, but a map where you add various spots in the sea, such as beautiful places, good fishing grounds, etc. As of right now, this add-on is in no way designed to deal with multiple markers pr member.

I can make you a custom version of it, tho. Send me a message where you list all(most) additional features you would like, and I'll give you a quote.
Oh, you don't plan to include this?:( (that was also my request:( )

Hm, no i talked about:

1. Admin creates "Types": McDonalds, PizzaHut, Pub, ....
2. User can create Entries and define what type the entry is (but for this, we would need the address too^^)

Adding that functionality, while preserving the original idea at the same time wont be easy.

Message sent.

Sounds to me like you're not really looking for a members map, but a map where you add various spots in the sea, such as beautiful places, good fishing grounds, etc.

On the contrary, I would say most sites that require a member map are likley to also use customer markers. Take my site for instance. We use the member map as a reference as to where the majority of our members are within a country. By knowing this we can also plan meetings in the correct locations, which we would also like to plot on the map ;)

Another vote from me :)

I like the idea of having multiple location per user, but since that doesn't seem to be possible, how about using different maps? (second install?). On my forum, which is traveling site about one country, many users have a second home in that country. So besides their home location, it would also be nice to show the location of their second home. :)

Wasn't your request more like admin defined custom markers? The 1.0.2 update included some preparations to make it ready for that, so that's coming.

Oh .. scrap my last comment. What you said their is what I was refering to. Admin defined jobbies :) Do you plan to add this functionality?

Trying to install I keep getting a SQL error :

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'user1_xen.memberMap' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in memberMap/Install.php at line 22
memberMap_Install::install()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/insomni8/public_html/xen/admin.php at line 13

Any ideas?

Is there a way to restrict certain usergroups from viewing this?
Yes. This add-on comes with permission marks for that. Just edit the user group in question, and set "Can view map" to disallow.

Trying to install I keep getting a SQL error :

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'user1_xen.memberMap' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in memberMap/Install.php at line 22
memberMap_Install::install()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/insomni8/public_html/xen/admin.php at line 13

Any ideas?
Do you get the same error if you install it again, or upgrade it?

To the rest of you, custom markers, multiple markers pr user, etc will come. Just have to come up with a good way to implement it, interface wise.

It creates the table membermap in the database. I tried dropping it and reinstalling but still no go. Tried reinstalling 3-4 times

It creates the table membermap in the database. I tried dropping it and reinstalling but still no go. Tried reinstalling 3-4 times
@Martin - membermap versus memberMap maybe?
I just checked the latest version uploaded her (1.0.4-2), and that does use 'memberMap'. One of the first revisions of 1.0.2 did use 'membermap' tho, but was quickly fixed. Unless you tried that, and didn't re-upload the files from the latest version, I'm not sure what to say.

I have a few members with older monitors where the resizing isnt working quite right.. (just an FYI)
working great for 90% of my community.
Member Map.webp

Top Bottom