Insert sticky post at top of existing thread?

Unless I’m misunderstanding, what I do for this is just make it an article thread. The first post is then stuck on every page.

Thanks for all the response! I think im not able to get the job done this way or am i missing something? I d like to add a last post but i dont want the thread to move up in thread view. So if i edit a thread from 2017 and add an post to it i dont want attention to it from my forum users. Maybe that can be done with just posting as an answer but i was hoping to post as a notice and display it under the last post instead of above the first post.

Thanks for all the response! I think im not able to get the job done this way or am i missing something? I d like to add a last post but i dont want the thread to move up in thread view. So if i edit a thread from 2017 and add an post to it i dont want attention to it from my forum users. Maybe that can be done with just posting as an answer but i was hoping to post as a notice and display it under the last post instead of above the first post.
You can achieve this via the addon "Thread Reply Banner":

Top Bottom