Importers

I have done a quick search here and can't find a satisfactory answer - so i'm going to ask.

What conversion tools are going to be released with the first beta (if any)?

If the IPB3.1 converter isn't part of the pack, when can we expect a release?
I would like an IPB3 converter too, but perhaps a round the houses conversion could be...

IPB3 > VB3 > XF

Not sure if there's an IPB3 to VB3 though so even more round the houses is...

IPB3 > SMF > VB3 > XF or
IPB3 > PHPBB > VB3 > XF

Perhaps a lot of junk may be added to BBCode and quotes doing this but perhaps worth a try if you have the time.

Edit: Actually there is an IPB3 > VB3 converter.

So we need to get a Licence from VB to convert to VB3 and then to XF? Common guys, have some mercy.
The FORUMX -> VB3 converter is not a free tool. Only customers of VB can use it.

So we need to get a Licence from VB to convert to VB3 and then to XF? Common guys, have some mercy.
The FORUMX -> VB3 converter is not a free tool. Only customers of VB can use it.

XenForo Beta 1 already has a built in importer script for vB3.7/vB3.8. You don't have to pay any extra single cent for a converter to convert your vB3 board.

XenForo Beta 1 already has a built in importer script for vB3.7/vB3.8. You don't have to pay any extra single cent for a converter to convert your vB3 board.
I am talking about those that do not have a VB board. Someone that has a ForumX has to convert to VB3.x and the converter for VB is not free (theoretically you have to buy the VB licence to convert to VB)!

I would like an IPB3 converter too, but perhaps a round the houses conversion could be...

IPB3 > VB3 > XF

Not sure if there's an IPB3 to VB3 though so even more round the houses is...

IPB3 > SMF > VB3 > XF or
IPB3 > PHPBB > VB3 > XF

Perhaps a lot of junk may be added to BBCode and quotes doing this but perhaps worth a try if you have the time.

Edit: Actually there is an IPB3 > VB3 converter.
Where is there an ipb3> vb3 converter?

Has anyone had any success importing from IPB3 in the roundabout way?
I'm waiting on an official IPB3 > xF importer too.

The wait atleast gives me a little bit of time to try out xenForo and wait to make sure any bugs are resolved before putting xenForo into production on my site.

No hurry at all but I'd like to see an iPB importer tool too when possible. I think if you cover importing from vBulletin (done) and Invision (mentioned) then you have the major ones covered. Ideally you'd also cover importing from a free forum too as that would open up a range of importing solutions.

I'm in the same boat with a lot of others. I can't make the commitment to Xenforo without proper import from vb4. I'm just not willing to start from scratch, regardless of how good the alternative product is. Starting over is not a viable option whatsoever.

Top Bottom